An new way eBay tracks you!!! - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2010
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjack1980 View Post
You may not have shared IPs between user accounts but you have shared a common IP across the suspended Ebay accounts which amounts to the same thing.

CaptainJack
Yep, not logged in on two accounts using same IP but I have clicked two or more links about different accounts auction listing emails and then logged to one account using that same IP.

This is the thing I told in my first reply on this thread. I don't have to get anybody to tell me I did this because I already have told it on the this threads main reply.

Again, this is for people who wasn't sure that eBay tracks you this way or not. No I think it is proven that they do.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-15-2010

Longevity: 91%

Another way on checking on your listings is if you used Auctiva for your listings.. Than Ijust log into my auctiva account and pull out active listings and can see all stats. It even tells you how many watchers you have on your listings. Something you can't see if you are directly in your ebay listing logged into Ebay.
Old 01-15-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aking View Post
Not understanding why you say you cant do this. I am actually doing this as we speak. I have auctions ending on 2 accounts today. I would like to see how my listings are doing. Ok, easy. I log into that accounts gmail account, I open the "Your listing is confirmed" email for my inbox. I hit the link in the email, it takes me to my item. I can see my bid war.

I've always done this. HOWEVER, I ONLY do this when I'm NOT logged on and from a different laptop 20 miles away from home.

Key to keeping stealth accounts:
1) Separate user accounts per ebay/paypal account (keep cookies separate)
2) Unique IP address for ebay account at login

No matter if you have 2 or 20 accounts, you need to stick to the rules or as stated above, you will go from 20 to 0 really fast.
Yep, I was doing this also as you can read from my first reply on this thread. This exact thing. I was newer logged in to any account when checking emails. All fresh data. But after clicking that link eBay is always registering you IP. If you then log in to some account with that same IP, they link those. So after checking those emails, start your router again etc. to get new IP before signing to account because that previous IP you used to check your different accounts listing thru emails links, is now linked to those listings.
Old 01-15-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyda View Post
Yea, not having to have to clear cookies every time is huge advantage and makes up for those times of slow connection whe answering emails...
Clearing cookies and history takes about five to ten seconds...
Old 01-15-2010

Longevity: 85%

Yes and it will raise flags with Ebay when you try and sell and they don't recognise your computer....

You are not following the stealth method correctly and that is why you have lost accounts. Not because of a new Ebay tracking system.

CaptainJack
The Following User Says Thank You to captainjack1980 For This Useful Post:
Lyda (01-15-2010)
Old 01-15-2010

True, but you can't make mistake by not remembering to do it..and if you are like me, you probably have hundreds of other things you have to on daily basis.
Old 01-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

You can open the eBay emails, no problem, just disable the images from being loaded. Most providers like Hotmail, Yahoo or GMail have that option.
Old 01-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by fincustomer View Post
Yep, I was doing this also as you can read from my first reply on this thread. This exact thing. I was newer logged in to any account when checking emails. All fresh data. But after clicking that link eBay is always registering you IP. If you then log in to some account with that same IP, they link those. So after checking those emails, start your router again etc. to get new IP before signing to account because that previous IP you used to check your different accounts listing thru emails links, is now linked to those listings.
Then this isn't your problem, you are being linked another way.
Old 01-15-2010
Banned

Longevity: 85%

Why don't you use inkfrog? I log into inkfrog and see everything & all of my stealth ids on what I am selling. Then you can see an update and no linking or no dial up.

Old 01-16-2010

Longevity: 95%

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjack1980 View Post
Yes and it will raise flags with Ebay when you try and sell and they don't recognise your computer....

You are not following the stealth method correctly and that is why you have lost accounts. Not because of a new Ebay tracking system.

CaptainJack
Not Necessarily it has to be Cleared Cookies and Flash Cookies and a whole new ip range to get flaged. I clear cookies every time and change ip and i wont get promted to verfiy my id by phone or email and never got banned i been doing this 6 months now on my main id and its still going strong. But i can goto another state use my same laptop pc clear flash cookies and log in under a new ip range then i get hit with id verfiy.
Old 01-16-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aking View Post
Then this isn't your problem, you are being linked another way.
No, THAT IS THE PROBLEM. Read my reply thru again and you'll find out how they link me.

They link like this scheme:
Starting with Fresh IP and cleared cookies and all other tracks.

1. I check Stealth person A email and click that link on eBay listing confirmation email just to see his item. Don't log in.

2. IP is stored because I used that link and it's linked now to this listings holder, Stealth person A.

3. Then I go and check Stealth person B email and click that link on eBay email.

4. See something interesting and log in.

5. IP is stored and linked now to Stealth Person A.

If renew my IP before loggin in to account, between step 3 and 4, then I'm clean and they'll not link my accounts.

Check the link. It's not a direct link to listing. It's an referral link that directs you thru tracking program.

Hopefully you now understand this linking.
Old 01-16-2010
MU

Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Quote:
No, THAT IS THE PROBLEM. Read my reply thru again and you'll find out how they link me.

They link like this scheme:
Starting with Fresh IP and cleared cookies and all other tracks.

1. I check Stealth person A email and click that link on eBay listing confirmation email just to see his item. Don't log in.

2. IP is stored because I used that link and it's linked now to this listings holder, Stealth person A.

3. Then I go and check Stealth person B email and click that link on eBay email.

4. See something interesting and log in.

5. IP is stored and linked now to Stealth Person A.

If renew my IP before loggin in to account, between step 3 and 4, then I'm clean and they'll not link my accounts.

Check the link. It's not a direct link to listing. It's an referral link that directs you thru tracking program.

Hopefully you now understand this linking.

Here's the easiest solution:

DON'T DO THAT!
Old 01-17-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Edition View Post
Here's the easiest solution:

DON'T DO THAT!
Yep, like everybody can understand from the very first reply on this thread, DON'T DO THAT anymore if you were doing that.
Old 01-17-2010
MU

Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Quote:
Yep, like everybody can understand from the very first reply on this thread, DON'T DO THAT anymore if you were doing that.
What I mean is..... I don't know why you're doing the process in the first place. What's the purpose behind it?

It's like you came up with a method for eBay to track you, (that's not really new) but you have to follow this unusual set up steps for it to happen.
Old 01-20-2010
MU

Longevity: 92%

old ebay pro here..

1. you can open any email any account but make sure images is disabled..

2. ebay can link you by the password you use on your accounts as well. If there the same.

3. Use separate windows account for each ebay account
Old 01-20-2010
MU

It looks like he's just using one link for an email to view an item in another account. Which makes no sense to me what so ever.
Old 01-20-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

Well anything by email from ebay, no matter on your regular ip etc. is never a good idea. But if some people have no problems then I suppose its okay. Best way to view (if you must) any message is as html, nothing else no images etc.
Old 01-21-2010
MU

You definitely want text only... no html.
Old 01-27-2010

Longevity: 87%
Send a message via Yahoo to IDK

This sounds like lazy business practices to me. I don't care if you had 40 accounts. Log into each one as needed. It seems that you were reading emails on a neutral IP, but without you knowing; one of your accounts got suspended, and subsequently linked that neutral IP to other accounts you had viewed. I think the lesson here is that you have to be thorough. Sure it's a pain to keep up with all the questions and transactions, but now you have the bigger pain of starting up new accounts when you had perfectly good ones. SMH
Old 01-27-2010

Longevity: 84%

I have a question in the new ebay Stealth Book I believe it says to Just have different user accs. on your computer that way when you go from acc. to acc. you dont have to erase cookies, if im not mistake. So whenever i go from acc. to acc using a different user acc obviously i just change ip #'s every time, and dont worry about the cookies. Please let me know if this is not right.
Old 01-28-2010

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

^^ You got it. :D
The Following User Says Thank You to lakeman For This Useful Post:
ebay got me again (01-29-2010)
Old 01-28-2010
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by thablewprnt View Post
This sounds like lazy business practices to me. I don't care if you had 40 accounts. Log into each one as needed. It seems that you were reading emails on a neutral IP, but without you knowing; one of your accounts got suspended, and subsequently linked that neutral IP to other accounts you had viewed. I think the lesson here is that you have to be thorough. Sure it's a pain to keep up with all the questions and transactions, but now you have the bigger pain of starting up new accounts when you had perfectly good ones. SMH

Exactly. That's why I don't understand why he did this. My answer... don't do it.

If you're not meticulous, ebay is anyway!!
Closed Thread