Any one use VMware to change your mac address - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 03-30-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default Any one use VMware to change your mac address

like the topic says, I've been using vm workstation for some time now but unix based operating systems... I wanted some input if anyone else is doing this;

creating a virtual machine for each account you have since every machine you create has a different mac address... BUT not changing your mac address through your router... I have 2 accounts I am using currently and both have the same ip address but different macs... I would like to create more but since I have a dynamic ip its a pain in the ass to get a new one with my internet provider..

To me its seems a lot easier to do this so that you can work on one screen instead of having to go through a switching ip's,mac,users etc... Also I can spoof my ip if i wanted in linux but still wanted any input if anyone else is doing the same thing but tweaking it... all input is appreciated. thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-30-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

While I dont have much experience with this, a few posts around here with VMWare info on them - have you searched?
Old 03-30-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

yes i did, but no one really gets into specifics about having a dynamic ip, along with input on how it is going for them, if they've had any issues doing this method because to me it is an amazing way to manipulate ebay etc.
Old 03-30-2012

Longevity: 73%

What version/flavor of VMWARE are you using? The MAC isn't going to be different, and with the same IP - doesn't sound right
Old 03-30-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by exranger View Post
What version/flavor of VMWARE are you using? The MAC isn't going to be different, and with the same IP - doesn't sound right
7.1.5 build-491717

The mac address's are different, If you want I can snap a shot of my ip info for the host computer and also for the vm linux
Old 03-30-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

MAC address's change if you use a different comptuer even though it is still working off of the same ip address, Thus using vm to create a virtual server basically... maybe your familiar with windows in vm but with linux the mac address's are entirely different.
Old 03-30-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannabidiol View Post
like the topic says, I've been using vm workstation for some time now but unix based operating systems... I wanted some input if anyone else is doing this;

creating a virtual machine for each account you have since every machine you create has a different mac address... BUT not changing your mac address through your router... I have 2 accounts I am using currently and both have the same ip address but different macs... I would like to create more but since I have a dynamic ip its a pain in the ass to get a new one with my internet provider..

To me its seems a lot easier to do this so that you can work on one screen instead of having to go through a switching ip's,mac,users etc... Also I can spoof my ip if i wanted in linux but still wanted any input if anyone else is doing the same thing but tweaking it... all input is appreciated. thanks.
I don't think creating a new virtual machine actually creates a new mac address for that machine as these are provided by the hardware i.e. ethernet port or wifi which are hard coded into the hardware.

It would not be possible IMO to spoof change the mac address on one, leaving the other unchanged as both machines are physically using the same device and is probably why you have the same public IP.

Also it is not possible for your router to assign two different public IP addresses to the same physical device regardless of the mac addresses.
Cannabidiol (03-30-2012)
Old 03-30-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneOther View Post
I don't think creating a new virtual machine actually creates a new mac address for that machine as these are provided by the hardware i.e. ethernet port or wifi which are hard coded into the hardware.

It would not be possible IMO to spoof change the mac address on one, leaving the other unchanged as both machines are physically using the same device and is probably why you have the same public IP.

Also it is not possible for your router to assign two different public IP addresses to the same physical device regardless of the mac addresses.
Quote:
Not true, Give me a few I will snap a shot of my vm MAC and the host MAC 2 totally different MAC's, Same goes for using a entirely different CPU on the same network.
Old 03-30-2012

Please do post. Much of my experience is, indeed, in the Windows environment, some Linux and Unix.

Nut the MAC address is machine based, as the name applies. You might be able to spoof it, I guess...but the router is going to have the same address...
Old 03-30-2012
Executive [VIP]

@Cannabidiol

Thats not the issue.

Your router cannot physically assign different public IP's to two machines sharing one device regardless of mac addresses
Old 03-30-2012

That's true, it goes against what a MAC address is actually for. He could run two NICs in Unix.
Old 03-30-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
@Cannabidiol

Thats not the issue.

Your router cannot physically assign different public IP's to two machines sharing one device regardless of mac addresses

yes thats 100%, sorry about not posting pics yet I was up all night with my sick dog and totally forgot.

Different IP's is impossible unless I spoofed but MAC change with a vm is 100% accurate
Old 04-02-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by exranger View Post
Please do post. Much of my experience is, indeed, in the Windows environment, some Linux and Unix.

Nut the MAC address is machine based, as the name applies. You might be able to spoof it, I guess...but the router is going to have the same address...
here ya go.

First screen is windows 7, Second is Ubuntu.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg windows-mac.jpg (98.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg linuxubutuserver1.jpg (32.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-02-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

If you need to learn how to change your IP or spoof it without having to read a ton of non sense let me know if the admin will allow it i will make a sticky tutorial on how to change your MAC and IP numerous ways.

It does not matter if you have a dynamic or static, I have found ways to change both MAC and IP without having to log off your main screen and reboot your router etc...

I have also found a way to have one host computer using vmware while having multiple operating systems open and all having different MAC address's but if you have a dynamic IP you cannot just spoof your IP it is IMPOSSIBLE but you can have a different MAC but you will not have a different IP with this method.

Now if you have a Static IP you can spoof your IP and MAC on all of your operating systems without having to reboot routers/computer thus cutting back time and allowing us to create and use more accounts simultaneously.

I will go into details and supply where to download Vmware and the .iso files, I have a personal server setup specifically for friends and business purpose and for torrents since my connection is 50mb down and 20mb up

If anyone has any questions please feel free to PM me.
Just a note, I am a certified security administrator for a remote company in Europe.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cannabidiol For This Useful Post:
sfoxlbox (01-04-2014)
Old 04-02-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

bump ; just want to know if i should make up a how-to-guide for all my fellow sellers
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cannabidiol For This Useful Post:
mearich (04-03-2012), yotano211 (04-03-2012)
Old 04-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 77%

Yea go ahead, I would love to read it.
The Following User Says Thank You to yotano211 For This Useful Post:
Cannabidiol (04-03-2012)
Old 04-03-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotano211 View Post
Yea go ahead, I would love to read it.
Well I am just waiting on the green light, I don't want to start writing one if it will not become a sticky thread. On the other hand the threads that are a sticky thread have way less skill and thought put into them.

I want to make the howto very simple and made for everyone to use, Command by command along with a screenshot so that you know you are doing it correctly instead of multiple threads being made to ask how to do this, etc.. and if it is being done correctly.

My methods are just a few simple commands to trick your eth0 connection into thinking the MAC has been changed. I am pretty excited about writing it as I haven't wrote a paper on something since I helped with project milw0rm, right now I am working with the metasploit team on a few things & some input will be given from them which if you don't know who they are you need to, they designed a program to basically teach the above average computer geek how to program and many other educationally purpose utilities for both windows and linux.

I suggest everyone pick up a copy of VMWare Workstation if you are a seller who has 2+ accounts you use regularly VMWare will cut down your time from switching users, IP'S, MAC's etc..
Old 04-03-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

--
that is a torrent for VMWare Workstation 8 which in the latest copy of VMWare, I gotta run to a meeting but if you have any questions about it just ask here and I will get back to you by 12PM or you can PM me for private questions..

Thanks.
Old 04-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Looks like a very informative thread in development - I have to learn about this pronto.
Old 04-03-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Looks like a very informative thread in development - I have to learn about this pronto.
rsot, Should I begin a new thread explaining or just continue in here? I just don't want to spend time writing up a paper for everyone if its not going to become a sticky... I spoke with Aspkin I am just waiting for a response
Old 04-03-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

got the green light =]
Old 04-03-2012

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannabidiol View Post
got the green light =]