Passive income ideas? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 02-07-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default Passive income ideas?

I've been thinking about this for a long time now, but never really dived in. So besides owning property and getting rent, earnings from business where I would not be involved, or investments which I do not have enough money to start yet. What else is there?

I have a solid $10,000 to kind of gamble with. I'm thinking of buying websites and making money off the ads, but the problem with that is I know very little about the business. I wanted to hear some feedback on how it's done before I go into research mode.

I see sites on flippa claiming to have $1000-$5000 profit per month and then their asking or reserve price is only listed as $1500-$5000 something is up with that. Seems too good to be true what am I missing?

Any other passive income ideas are greatly encouraged.

-Albert Einstein
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-07-2013

Longevity: 71%

Be careful investing in all those sites.You must be really professional and know what you do.

I invest all my money in Real Estate....I am sure you will not go wrong with it.

Also for a long term investing i would suggest buying gold and silver

Just my 2 cents
The Following User Says Thank You to jamcocktail21 For This Useful Post:
jamblix (02-08-2013)
Old 02-07-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 65%

Man, the best investment for passive income is investing in solar power.

Even google invests in that.

The most clever investment.
Old 02-07-2013

If you are on the west coast buy an in-n-out franchise and then hire a bunch of minimum wage monkeys to run the place for you. East coast buy a five-guys. Burgers never go out of style.
The Following User Says Thank You to zoneout For This Useful Post:
jamblix (02-08-2013)
Old 02-07-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 68%

In-n-out does not franchise and five guys sold out of all their territories. Also keep in mind the Op said he has 10k to play with.

For 10k you can't get much. Maybe invest in some well placed vending machines.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Futuremogul888 For This Useful Post:
jamblix (02-08-2013), scotch (08-21-2014)
Old 02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremogul888 View Post
In-n-out does not franchise and five guys sold out of all their territories. Also keep in mind the Op said he has 10k to play with.

For 10k you can't get much. Maybe invest in some well placed vending machines.
Red Box is a cash cow
Old 02-07-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoneout View Post
If you are on the west coast buy an in-n-out franchise and then hire a bunch of minimum wage monkeys to run the place for you. East coast buy a five-guys. Burgers never go out of style.
Five guys....

yummo

You will need a lot more then 10k investment money or assets for any of these.

Website flipping is a tough competitive thing to do these days.

Not many good ones left to grab unless you are looking when someone forgets to pay their bills and loses the website.
Old 02-07-2013
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

10k... Put it in a vanguard ETF and let it sit.. VTI is not bad.

Or invest in real estate and rent out the place for more than your mortgage -- that's what I do now primarily.

Put it in Appl and pry it hit its bottom?

Don't invest in websites unless you know what you're doing.. Too easy to get scammed.
Old 02-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
10k... Put it in a vanguard ETF and let it sit.. VTI is not bad.

Or invest in real estate and rent out the place for more than your mortgage -- that's what I do now primarily.

Put it in Appl and pry it hit its bottom?

Don't invest in websites unless you know what you're doing.. Too easy to get scammed.
ETF's are cool but also look into the Vanguard 500 index mutual fund. They track the S&P 500.

For 10k, you are not going to be buying much or anything in real estate, you would need more than 10k.

With aapl, I am shorting the stock now and oh boy, $$$$, hahhhaa.
Old 02-08-2013

Longevity: 66%

There are a couple things I do, but I am not afraid to lose the money if it happens. Nothing is solid as far as investments go, but if you play it right you can generate a good amount of money.

Jump in on a hot HYIP program early on and once the term is up, don't re-invest with that program. It will end up going down shortly, as with all ponzi's. I have a set amount of money that I have set aside that I am willing to lose if it should happen...play it right and you won't.

Aside from that, platinum, gold, silver are good....but titanium is coming up in the market. Then of course copper is showing some good signs. Classic cars, something you can flip....antiques, yadda yadda.
The Following User Says Thank You to boost For This Useful Post:
jamblix (02-08-2013)
Old 02-08-2013
Banned

Music to my ears.

The scrap yards were ordered not to take any man hole covers because people were stealing them and selling them to scrap yards.

I remember when they tore down old houses and dumped it all and now they take bids on the windows, doors and copper wiring etc. Then trash the house.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
slim jim (02-08-2013)
Old 02-08-2013

I like to have hard assets and some liquidity in things like LR, PM, etc. Paper is becoming worth less and less...I won't be caught with my pants down. Banks - I don't trust them either. I don't keep more than I need to in the bank. Paypal use only LOL.
Old 02-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Red Box is a cash cow
They are not Franchised.
Old 02-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamblix View Post
I see sites on flippa claiming to have $1000-$5000 profit per month and then their asking or reserve price is only listed as $1500-$5000 something is up with that. Seems too good to be true what am I missing?

aspkin told me ages back to avoid such sites as they are too often a rip-off.

I was looking at turnkey sites.

All that glitters is not gold is a safer approach.

Jimmy-Jam do you know that aspkin is re-writing a webmaster book? He's got a shed load of knowledge on these matters.
Did you read thro' the below forum
Webmaster Jungle - eBay Suspension & Paypal Limited Forums
I know of at least eight users who have gone into SEO, blogs and thus making money after a nudge from aspkin.
Sounds exciting for you. Do your research carefully. Buyer beware always applies.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
aspkin (02-08-2013), jamblix (02-08-2013)
Old 02-08-2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by boost View Post
I like to have hard assets and some liquidity in things like LR, PM, etc. Paper is becoming worth less and less...I won't be caught with my pants down. Banks - I don't trust them either. I don't keep more than I need to in the bank. Paypal use only LOL.
I have a small warehouse and several large storage units full of antiques that I could stop buying today and it would take years to clean it all out.

My 2 1/2 car garage is full of the new stuff piled the ceiling.

With RE being so low and so many losing their homes and needing to rent I am always looking at real estate.

We own a piece with a storefront on the bottom and an apartment upstairs we rent and another piece of land we bought taking a chance on empty lots waiting for something to happen.

And it did, outerbelt was completed and the traffic hits it heavy and the businesses followed by buying up all the corner land. The best thing is we own a large chunk of land on the backside of one of these corners and the piece behind us is land locked. They have to buy from us to get to it and we have been offered by a large company who needs both pieces to build.

Aspkin is dead on it, RE if done right is the way to go if you have the funds or funding.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (02-08-2013)
Old 02-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Is that an ebay/paypal type of place?

'Minimum wage monkeys' made me think so.

Old 02-08-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

This is my field & where I perform best...10k is not enough to play with the big boys so aim lower my friend...True that investment is a gamble but not all gambles are the same...You pick the gamble that is most likely to be successful...Just think of the game poker...Its a gamble but there are certain hands you would take a risk on & there are hands you would just throw away. I could give you the answer but that would take all the fun away from it...Research research research...Good luck!
Old 02-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Dealer takes three

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
NGALO1983 (02-08-2013)
Old 02-08-2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post

Dealer takes three

Future ebay ceo.
Old 02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamblix View Post
I've been thinking about this for a long time now, but never really dived in. So besides owning property and getting rent, earnings from business where I would not be involved, or investments which I do not have enough money to start yet. What else is there?

I have a solid $10,000 to kind of gamble with. I'm thinking of buying websites and making money off the ads, but the problem with that is I know very little about the business. I wanted to hear some feedback on how it's done before I go into research mode.

There is only one thing i invest in now thats property .
Very little risk involved .
But 10k wont see you with a deposit sizeable enough for a buy to let.
Not sure how workable this is to specific other countries but in the uk the domestic holiday market revolves a lot around parks and caravans / trailors.
I bought 2 static caravans a few years ago for £4k each on a nice site.
After fees and costs etc they return me around £5k per annum each renting to holiday makers.
I now have a few more on the same site as it turned out to be profitable and work involved is now minimal.
The Following User Says Thank You to bruceuk For This Useful Post:
jamblix (02-08-2013)
Old 02-08-2013

Longevity: 64%

Most of the sites on flippa that are claiming to make money when the price is too low, are too good to be true. Your intuition of a site being a good deal could also make you wonder why they're selling in the first place. It's a website, not a house. it's not like they were relocated with their job and have to sell.

Flippa takes a very hands off approach to the sale, provides a little info for due diligence, but really it's one of the riskiest things you can do. IMO.

appl stock I think has hit rock bottom. If you're going to gamble the 10k, consider investing in options. Although, be prepared to lose it when options investing. Appl would be a good stock to buy if you want to hold onto it for a while. All of my money is in GOOG.
Old 02-08-2013

Longevity: 67%

As a former Registered Investment Advisor and Estate Planner I can tell you the BEST investment is in YOU.

Continue to learn from successful people. Mirror those that are in markets you have an effection for.

In regards to so-called investments, all fluctuate. There is no such thing as a perfect investment. All have Pros & Cons.

In regards to Flippa, you can make a small fortune with those sites. Only listen to people like ME who know how to Market. Many of those sites are not up to their potential because the owner only has Tech skills or only knows ONLINE crap. A true marketer like myself can take a crap site and make millions from it.

I have an associate who made and continues to make Millions buying sites that are failures and he revamps them. IMers suck at Marketing. They know the tech stuff, things you can outsource for cheap.

Most don't know how to Convert "visitors" into buyers. Most don't understand the backend of making money. Learn this my friend and you can make as much money as you want.

If you want true Passive income you could become an Information Marketer and sell your products. Like Suzy Orman sells her crap products: Suze Orman Products, Books & Kits : Personal Financial Guru : Can I Afford it : The Approved Card : Suze Show

You can make thousands per day while on vacation, zero to one employee, and have a great lifestyle.

This is what I do.