How long before you are safe with stealth account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 02-28-2013
Banned

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Default How long before you are safe with stealth account?

I know you are never safe and can be shut down at any moment for any reason.

I got everything down so far. I am about to sign up my first stealth either today or this weekend. I got VCC taken care of (source). I got a new number that has not been used by anyone (at least I think so) by my phone provider. Now I am searching for a VPS. I know not to use the top 3 pages of google for VPS as they can already be banned by eb/pp or filtered out already, or risk the chances of someone else using them before. I also found it's a better choice for me to use VPS and I won't have to clean out cookies and leave it there as eb/pp like that!

Once I do set up some kind of a vps. Should I wait at least a few days or let it sit for a month before I verify the account? Or is it safe to go without any warnings?

I know trail and error. I just want a heads up on a few things.

I have read the forums, not to many people share what vps (I don't blame you) they use and I also read not to use the top ranking ones on google or search engines either. So I am taking it slowly. I also see vps and vps hosting. So I just email the staff about it, seen tons of videos on youtube about it already.

Thank you. GWW.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-28-2013

Longevity: 65%

Hi Ghost, you seem kind of subdued lately.... calmer. Hope all is well in the Ghost town.

I dont use VPS though I am very familiar with it. Someone else could help you more there on specifics. But I would agree to stay away from the heavy traffic sites.

As for how long to wait after you set up VPS, personally I dont think it makes a difference. Now I am not saying just race through everything after having a few beers - that would not be wise. Take each step slowly on your first couple of accounts to make sure you dont miss something. Write everything you do down. This way after you have everything up and running and going smoothly you will have a template for making your next accounts and it will go much faster then.

When you are all done and have your 10/1000 or whatever all listed to the max then sit back with your Heinekin and let the dough roll in. Ha!

Best luck to you!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zoneout For This Useful Post:
GhostWhoWalks (02-28-2013), GreenGhost (03-02-2013)
Old 02-28-2013
Banned
Threadstarter  

I am having a divorce and I just got married last month (no reason to say sorry or pity me please). 48 days and it's already over! I kind of lost my mind for a few days, hard to sleep, eating is the same way also. Very hard to focus but I have to do it! It's why I am a bit off lately and not posting as much as I use to. It will take time to heal.

I do have a excel file I put everything down. From Account Stealth # to passwords from log ins to addresses, even down to what accent I should use on the phone (in case some day I might have the same person twice). I guess the first one is always learning and seeing how it goes.

Oh I know about the limits for sure. Everything in due time, takes a while to build up these accounts.

Thank you Zoneout!
Old 02-28-2013

Longevity: 65%

Sounds like the same principles apply to stealth as in marriage.
The Following User Says Thank You to zoneout For This Useful Post:
suspendedfoe (03-26-2013)
Old 02-28-2013
Banned
Threadstarter  

LOL
Old 02-28-2013

Longevity: 68%

You got to make sure your sales are verifable with legit seller resources. A rep once told me we only want to make sure that what you are doing what you say, you are who you say you are, and your products don't produce problems to our company. (of course there will always be problems either through a buyer or seller) (Cash rules the world in the era of technology).
The Following User Says Thank You to astralman For This Useful Post:
GreenGhost (03-02-2013)
Old 03-01-2013

Longevity: 80%

Never, treat everyday you have it as if its your last day.
Old 03-01-2013
Banned
Threadstarter  

lol sell for the moment type of deal eh? lol
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostWhoWalks For This Useful Post:
Elijah (03-02-2013)
Old 03-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Never assume you are completely safe - operate lightly, have backups going, build them and take things day by day. Pass Go - Collect $200
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (03-25-2013)
Old 03-02-2013

Longevity: 67%

I now have 23 Stealth PPs and I would never believe any of them are safe.

I'm on Defense 24/7

I quadruple check every time I log in, withdraw funds, etc... I'm like the cat who jumped on a Hot stove, always fearful of the stove.

Making 7 more today to Replace the ones I know that will get Limited eventually.

That's my mindset.
The Following User Says Thank You to Roscoe For This Useful Post:
GhostWhoWalks (03-02-2013)
Old 03-02-2013
Banned
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Never assume you are completely safe - operate lightly, have backups going, build them and take things day by day. Pass Go - Collect $200

I wanted to have only 5 to 10 but now 40+ seems good after reading Sandy and rotating is also a good idea. Taking turns, sell 10, collect ($200 GO), move to the next one and rotate them all month long until they are build up.

With 1, you can only do so many, as with 2>1 you can double if not (infinity.>any number given). So if you do (40 Accounts x100 items/1 Month=a better chance then 1 account). The chances of an account getting busted out of 100 are a percentage number. Out of 100 hot women lined up, 2% will like bald men, 3% older men over 50, 15% will like men who are fat/chubby/cuddly, 17% will like younger men, 20% will like someone without muscles. etc. It's why some of us want blue eyes, brown eyes, green eyes, gray eyes, etc.

Thank you, collect and past GO! If one goes down, have no stress of worries cause out of 100 account the same rule applies, 10% limited, 5% negative feedback, 2% professional buyers, 15% ebay/policy mix up, 3% refunds, and the rest = gain!

When I buy fast food I think to myself. 4 euros is not a lot but 4 euros x 365 days = a lot.
Old 03-02-2013
Banned
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
I now have 23 Stealth PPs and I would never believe any of them are safe.

I'm on Defense 24/7

I quadruple check every time I log in, withdraw funds, etc... I'm like the cat who jumped on a Hot stove, always fearful of the stove.

Making 7 more today to Replace the ones I know that will get Limited eventually.

That's my mindset.
The possibilities are endless. For each one that does go down you need to build 5 more to make up for it, if not build more. So if you earn $1000 each day and one of the 5 go down you earn only 4 accounts = $800 if you have 5 accounts starting up that = to $40 per day you will be leveled out and still fine. So you jump start the 5 and earn that $40 per day on 5 = $200 so you don't lose out. It's how I look at it!

But that's just me why risk your money into the hands of eb/pp? The rules are not fair we all agree but we do things such as stealth to make it fair! As we all know same applies to life, it's not fair so we got to make it fair.
Old 03-02-2013

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Completely agree. No matter how much time and feedback you have invested in a stealth account, they are never safe. They are disposable accounts that can and will go down eventually.

Usually I can get a year out of an account and more often than not, I walk away from the account before it gets permanently suspended, but never fall in love with any particular account regardless of Powerseller or TRS status.

I do agree with ghost on making 5 accounts for every 1 that goes down.

I try to make a policy of 4 accounts per week regardless if I lose any or not. I get the feeling one day in the near future, paypal will require SSN's for all new registration similar to bank sign-ups. My hope is that existing accounts will be safe from this requirement, and when that day comes, I'd love to have a thousand accounts in the bag.
The Following User Says Thank You to corleone For This Useful Post:
GhostWhoWalks (03-03-2013)
Old 03-02-2013
Banned
Threadstarter  

Yeah me too about that SSN from them all. So sad if this happens no idea what I'll do! :(

Corleone there will always be a way!
Old 03-02-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by corleone View Post
Completely agree. No matter how much time and feedback you have invested in a stealth account, they are never safe. They are disposable accounts that can and will go down eventually.

Usually I can get a year out of an account and more often than not, I walk away from the account before it gets permanently suspended, but never fall in love with any particular account regardless of Powerseller or TRS status.

I do agree with ghost on making 5 accounts for every 1 that goes down.

I try to make a policy of 4 accounts per week regardless if I lose any or not. I get the feeling one day in the near future, paypal will require SSN's for all new registration similar to bank sign-ups. My hope is that existing accounts will be safe from this requirement, and when that day comes, I'd love to have a thousand accounts in the bag.

So then you do agree with me. You stated a few days ago that having hundreds of account was crazy. Glad you also agree and understand my thoughts on grandfathering accounts.
Old 03-02-2013
Banned
Threadstarter  

Sandy I though more then 10 was crazy until I met you on here!

Crazy would be 3000 accounts now!

The accounts might be grandfathering in, but they can still flip that switch for all accounts.
Old 03-02-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

But you do agree with my thoughts then correct.

As the creator of what I believe was the first stealth account in 2003, when I came here I also thought 10 accounts were more then anyone needed. Back then you did not get these limits like today so you could not sell all your goods on those accounts.

Things change daily GWW, being prepared for tomorrow is what counts.

Whether they flip it to the good or the bad I will always find a way.

You said this in a post. There will always be a way and when and if they do I will find a way.

Based on things they have done in the past I make decision around what they have done so I am well pre pared for whatever they toss.

I do not see them forcing a SSN on every account yet, might be way down in the future but pp is already illegally asking for information like they are a bank. IRS comes along and swells their little heads and has them obtain some SSN. Just what pp wanted, an excuse to force people to give up personal info.

If people moves towards being like a bank be ready to rumble. But they also know if they do that they will have to change their ways and will be highly regulated.
Old 03-02-2013
Banned
Threadstarter  

Yes who wouldn't agree with your thoughts? I mean everyone here in a life time will probably have 100's of stealths anyways after they are all shut down. If you sell on 10 per year and only use it for a 1 year, then how many stealths is that in 10 years? 100+ If not way more!!!

I look at everything as "in the long run". not short time spand.

I think SSN is based for Id theft + IRS taxes. The more crime that happens the more steps they need to be safer!
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostWhoWalks For This Useful Post:
Roscoe (03-02-2013)
Old 03-02-2013

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
So then you do agree with me. You stated a few days ago that having hundreds of account was crazy. Glad you also agree and understand my thoughts on grandfathering accounts.
You must have me confused with someone else. I never said that and if I did, it must have been ages ago. I have had over 100 accounts myself over the last two years, and since December I have stepped up my stealth production to try to make 200 accounts per year.

I have seen a few things you've posted that I disagree with, but overall, I agree with a lot of your thoughts, and the one I agree the most with is having as many accounts as you can get.
Old 03-02-2013

Longevity: 80%

Dont ever assume any account is safe. Stealth or now we are NOT these big guys with super powers that can get away with anything. Legit or not you can lose an account at anytime for any reason
Old 03-02-2013

Longevity: 69%

with ebay and paypal you are never sage
Old 03-03-2013
Banned
Threadstarter  

I'll be fine. Wasn't meant to happen then eh? Oh well. Trying to talk her out of it really. IF not my ebay business will make me happy earning $$$$.