Husband not supportive of stealth accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 11-08-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%
Default Husband not supportive of stealth accounts

Has anyone had this issue where their significant other does not like the idea of stealth? He told me it was tricking the government and wasn't ethical. I know I have a great business and dont want to give up. Any advice?
The Following User Says Thank You to Sadbeingsuspended For This Useful Post:
joesshooze (11-09-2013)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-08-2013

Longevity: 65%
Default Re: Husband not supportive of stealth accounts

You are doomed. You are either going to have to operate in the dark and risk losing his trust when he finds out or go ahead and if something goes wrong get ready for listening to 'I told you so' for the next 50 years.

Last edited by zoneout; 11-08-2013 at 11:13 PM.
Old 11-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

You need to explain Stealth in terms that your significant other can understand. My wife was against Stealth and I pretty much explained how the tactics Ebay / Paypal employ are far worst than Stealth. I told her that I could either do it this way (Stealth Way) or never sell again and have zero money.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (11-09-2013), jeffweico (11-08-2013), rsot (11-09-2013)
Old 11-08-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
You need to explain Stealth in terms that your significant other can understand. My wife was against Stealth and I pretty much explained how the tactics Ebay / Paypal employ are far worst than Stealth. I told her that I could either do it this way (Stealth Way) or never sell again and have zero money.
If you have anything specific i could show him or any ideas of the conversation i would appreciate it.
Old 11-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadbeingsuspended View Post
Has anyone had this issue where their significant other does not like the idea of stealth? He told me it was tricking the government and wasn't ethical. I know I have a great business and dont want to give up. Any advice?
If you have an EIN Attached to your Paypal account you CANNOT trick the Government, Remember that EIN is tied DIRECTLY to you, so whatever money you earn you MUST pay your taxes. If you are already paying Taxes on the Money that you Earn, then How are you Tricking the Government?

You MIGHT Think that you are tricking Ebay, but you are really not, THOUSANDS of Companies, Big and Small have had employees open Ebay accounts, The Company, owns the account, but the individual who opened the account, has His/Her name tied to the account, and may no longer be working for the company and someone else might be managing the account.

Going by your Husbands thinking, he may consider this Identity Theft, but Is It?,,,So what is truly the difference If Best Buys Ebay account, was opened by Patty Smith in 1997, and it is now in 2013 being managed by Michael Armstrong because Patty Smith got fired in 1998,,,

Tell the man to lighten up,,,,,
An0nym0u$ (11-09-2013)
Old 11-08-2013
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

It's not about tricking the government at all, especially since you are paying your taxes, like we stealth users do .

He can't just look at this from a black and white point of view, he has to see the reality and stop being a stick up the...

Would you punish a child who is hungry and stole a bread to survive?

And ask him... is what eBay and PP did to you ETHICAL? And within reason?

Unethical is when you don't pay income taxes and you screw your customers.

Last edited by TGMT²; 11-08-2013 at 11:43 PM.
Old 11-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

As long as you are paying your taxes, it has nothing to do with tricking the government. Yes, it is true that before the government required payment processors to report sales to the IRS, it was POSSIBLE (but not recommended) to use stealth to avoid paying taxes.

As long as you are paying your taxes, not selling anything illegal and not using another real person's identity, where is the crime?
Old 11-08-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

I pay my fair and exact taxes on all of my sales and that added up to record numbers so far this year so I am and you are not tricking anyone.
Old 11-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Here is an idea that MAY satisfy both of you. You have some stealth accounts in various names. Why not convert some of the better ones to business accounts with an EIN attached? The government will know who the company belongs to, but eBay will not. That way, all of the information will be real EXCEPT the name of the person who you used when opening the account. As Slapped mentioned above, many companies have their employees open accounts for the business. You don't think that Donald Trump is sitting at a computer putting information into eBay and PayPal to open an account, do you?
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
An0nym0u$ (11-09-2013)
Old 11-09-2013

Longevity: 66%

Don't give your business up. What is he afraid of if you aren't doing anything illegal or ripping people off. I think eBay have their headquarters in Switzerland or somewhere as a massive tax dodge - where they pay literally no taxes - tell him about that.

I tell my other half very little. He makes fun of me all the time asking me "Is it enough for me to quit my job yet? Lol! If only he knew!
The Following User Says Thank You to LilyPily For This Useful Post:
topmeoff (11-10-2013)
Old 11-09-2013

Longevity: 64%

You might ask what facts his opinion is based on? I am not aware of why you have decided to go stealth? If you got suspended that should be enough of a reason.
Old 11-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 67%

My wife is very much like Skylar. In the beginning she was skeptical of the whole stealth thing.

Once I explained that I am only providing stealth information to Ebay and PP...and not the government (which we provide EINs to), then she wanted to run the business herself!

Pay your taxes & you'll be fine.

Don't be a Walter White and deceive the government. It didn't end so well for him.

The Following User Says Thank You to An0nym0u$ For This Useful Post:
MM78 (11-10-2013)
Old 11-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadbeingsuspended View Post
If you have anything specific i could show him or any ideas of the conversation i would appreciate it.
Introduce him to the forum if his mind can be 'opened' a bit - no trickery involved in terms of cheating or fraud....you are simply operating under a non-registered (well....relatively) alias - still paying fees and taxes of course
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
An0nym0u$ (11-10-2013), BigCJ (11-10-2013), MM78 (11-10-2013)
Old 11-10-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

I agree with rsot, introduce him to the forum...let him see that the forum isn't full of criminals but hard working people that just want to make their living the stealth way. Let him know that if eBay/Paypal Weren't so unjustified this forum would not exist.
Old 11-10-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Apple, Google, Facebook, Amazon, EBay All Pay Minimal UK Corporation Tax - one word 'luxembourg' - a tax haven.
Old 11-11-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Introduce him to the forum if his mind can be 'opened' a bit - no trickery involved in terms of cheating or fraud....you are simply operating under a non-registered (well....relatively) alias - still paying fees and taxes of course

Good Idea, I'd be happy to "Chat" with him
rsot (11-11-2013)
Old 11-11-2013
Executive [VIP]

slapped has terminated the thread
Old 11-11-2013

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by An0nym0u$ View Post

Don't be a Walter White and deceive the government. It didn't end so well for him.

Are you kidding? WW kicked ass and accomplished everything he wanted to in his life, the casualties ended badly for those around him, but Walter never faced the same fate. He went out the way he wanted to, instead of dying a slow death from cancer.

He was not ashamed of how his life ended. He loved the power of his empire, and spent the last moments of his dying life, with the one thing he loved most, his chemistry.

He destroyed many lives, but he was a selfish man down to the bone and really, if he had to do it all over again, knowing how it ended, I think he would have done it again, probably the only thing he would have changed, was to be more ruthless. Jessie would have been killed sooner by the hands of WW, as well as others, maybe even Hank.

Walter was not happy with his miserable life. He wasn't happy teaching ungrateful kids about his love of Chemistry. He wasn't happy struggling to provide for his family, having to go far as to wash cars after work. All while watching Gray Matter become a multi-billion dollar corporation.

Sorry about that little rant. . .you just re-sparked my Sunday night obsession which I've been going through withdrawals over the last month or so since it ended.
The Following User Says Thank You to corleone For This Useful Post:
newjerseymax (11-14-2013)
Old 11-12-2013
Executive [VIP]

Old 11-13-2013

Longevity: 77%

I'm surprised that no one else has mentioned this yet, but there's always divorce....
Old 11-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omgoozle View Post
I'm surprised that no one else has mentioned this yet, but there's always divorce....
OK, I know omgoozle was trying to be funny, but this is a valid point.

Obviously, I know nothing about the OP's relationship. But I can say that I would not be so quick to give up a successful business just because someone got up on their high horse and deemed it "unethical". Quite frankly, I am sick to death of that word!

Why is it that when a corporation files for bankruptcy, they always say the CEO had to make a tough choice and it was for the greater good. Yet, if an INDIVIDUAL files for bankruptcy, it is a character flaw?

Why is it that when the banks were working with mortgage brokers to create as many mortgages as possible - common sense lending practices be damned - they were just trying to service a niche, but when the borrower ends up defaulting on the mortgage - which the bank should have been able to see coming from a mile away - it is the borrowers fault?

Is it ethical for US Drug companies to charge our own citizens the highest prices in the world for medications, while discounting them to the rest of the planet? Why do OUR seniors have to eat cat food???

What about college students who get raped by the publishers? A textbook that costs $279 here costs $50 in the rest of the world. They not only don't want students IMPORTING the cheaper books, they also do everything they can to make sure students cannot buy USED editions - usually by including something that has to be accessed online with a "one-time-only" user code. And THAT is ethical?

How about businesses that pay people wages that are so low, a full-time employee will qualify for Medicaid and food stamps?

Recently, a politician used a quote from the bible to explain his vote to cut food stamps: "He who does not work shall not eat!". This same Bozo received over $3.5 million in subsidies over the last 10 years for his farm. Of course, he voted to increase funding for THAT program! A shining example of ethics...

So, when somebody wants to tell me that what I am doing with stealth is "unethical" I will respond to them with TWO WORDS and I can assure you, those two words are NOT "happy birthday"!

Last edited by jeffweico; 11-13-2013 at 05:40 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
aniseed (11-18-2013)
Old 11-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omgoozle View Post
We arent a marriage counselling forum that`s OP`s thing ...anyhow havent heard a reply from her yet...
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
slapped (11-13-2013)