Paypal ebay era at an end? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #23  
Old 12-11-2014
just_smile
 
Posts: n/a
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 0%
Default Re: Paypal ebay era at an end?

I think for the time being its best just to sit tight and see what happens.

Its still very early days and too early to conclude whats happening/going to happen.
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #24  
Old 12-11-2014
stevebills's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,868
Thanks: 167
Thanked 106 Times in 97 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Paypal ebay era at an end?

Sellers on here are trying to keep us all calm and I cant blame them buts its a bit worrying to b honest
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-11-2014
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,670
Thanks: 313
Thanked 812 Times in 578 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
iTrader: (97)
Default Re: Paypal ebay era at an end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebills View Post
Sellers on here are trying to keep us all calm and I cant blame them buts its a bit worrying to b honest
Funny how it always comes back to 'sellers'...take some responsibility in general. It's not down to one individual or a group of individuals to address these issues, find solutions and post them to the world.

Just isn't going to happen.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-11-2014
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 42,343
Thanks: 5,612
Thanked 9,134 Times in 7,105 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
iTrader: (6)
Default Re: Paypal ebay era at an end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebills View Post
May of already started stealth's are going down fast nobody knows why
That's only your thoughts.

Preferable to not generalize.

Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-12-2014
stevebills's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,868
Thanks: 167
Thanked 106 Times in 97 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Paypal ebay era at an end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
That's only your thoughts.

Preferable to not generalize.

I wish it was only my thoughts or even dreams
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-13-2014
jeffweico's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 7,217
Thanks: 895
Thanked 4,068 Times in 2,169 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
iTrader: (12)
Default Re: Paypal ebay era at an end?

There is a lot of conjecture here, many assumptions and a boatload of rumors. What seems to be missing are specifics and facts.

Whenever PayPal makes changes, people panic. Remember the 1099-k issue? It was going to be the end of stealth - except that it wasn't. We shall figure this out. It may take a little time, but we will eventually find the workaround.

PayPal has to strike a balance. It has to be open enough so that people can easily conduct business, but not so open that every scam artist on earth takes advantage of it. So it is a balancing act.

I would only suggest that when posting about this issue, you stick to facts. Or at least make it clear when you are guessing about something. Because the first step in solving this problem is to separate facts from opinions, guesses and theories.

Many of us are working on this issue and we are NOT all selling accounts here. We do this both for ourselves and the community in general.

I will admit, this whole "registered phone number" thing is a puzzler, but we solve puzzles EVERY DAY! One thing I know for a fact is that in the US, there is NO central database of phone numbers and who they are registered to. Each carrier has their own, and many do not share. If there ever WAS such a database here, it went away long ago, when they broke up AT&T which used to be the only game in town when it came to phone service.

So, we must now figure out is what triggers this AND try to figure out how PayPal defines a "number registered in your name". What options do they give you once this has been triggered?

That would be my first question.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
Bunneh (12-28-2014), progetter92 (12-28-2014), RosieTosie (12-13-2014), yankee (12-14-2014)
  #29  
Old 12-13-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Paypal ebay era at an end?

Good post @ jeffweico. We will figure out how to solve this problem and get through it.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Beth For This Useful Post:
RosieTosie (12-13-2014)
  #30  
Old 12-13-2014
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 232
Thanks: 15
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Paypal ebay era at an end?

Should we start a thread to each of are own findings ? I've found some new flags.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 12-13-2014
stevebills's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,868
Thanks: 167
Thanked 106 Times in 97 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Paypal ebay era at an end?

where do we find these facts
What is the Difference Between "Reasoning" and "Guessing"?
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 12-13-2014
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 71,418
Thanks: 5,668
Thanked 8,495 Times in 7,797 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 81%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: Paypal ebay era at an end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by digzz View Post
Should we start a thread to each of are own findings ? I've found some new flags.
There are quite a few UK threads ongoing - go to that subsection and post your findings...or pm a moderator for opinion on whether to post or not
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 12-14-2014
stevebills's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,868
Thanks: 167
Thanked 106 Times in 97 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Paypal ebay era at an end?

vgood post jeffweico and I have stopped guessing and reading instead its best way forward
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stevebills For This Useful Post:
  #34  
Old 12-14-2014
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 87
Thanks: 17
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Paypal ebay era at an end?

Will there be a thread then with findings?

Perhaps one main thread rather than multiple threads?
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 12-14-2014
jeffweico's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 7,217
Thanks: 895
Thanked 4,068 Times in 2,169 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
iTrader: (12)
Default Re: Paypal ebay era at an end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebills View Post
where do we find these facts
What is the Difference Between "Reasoning" and "Guessing"?
When you say something like "I got the PayPal message saying my phone was not registered in my name" and I am using a TracFone, those are facts.

When you say that "it happens because this is not a landline" then you are guessing. Because unless you work for PayPal or are INTIMATELY knowledgeable about the inner workings of the telecom system as a whole, you couldn't possibly know that for a fact.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 12-14-2014
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 61
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 69%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Paypal ebay era at an end?

Hi

Anyone fwd me the link for the thread about this new phone registration verification? Have tried to look but cant find it on the uk threads...

Also, one of my account is registered to my name as normal with correct home address etc. When i reach the 1900 limit on this and they ask for verification do you think i will be asked to provide docs? Or will they use whatever database they use to pick up that im registered and not ask for docs? Is that the normal protocol?
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 12-14-2014
JamesNorth101's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 19,465
Thanks: 2,321
Thanked 5,034 Times in 3,861 Posts
Activity: 49%
Longevity: 60%
iTrader: (455)
Default Re: Paypal ebay era at an end?

You will be asked for docs if you DOB is incorrect.

When you say 'new phone registration verification', which post are you referring to?

If you mean the phone call eBay will sometimes make to new sellers accounts, these have been going on for months. Its one reason having an active phone number is important.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 12-24-2014
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 61
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 69%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Paypal ebay era at an end?

Hey

Any update on why these accounts have been getting random limitations applied on ppal?

Ive been ok so far, but want to prepare for the worst..so knowing what causing it will help!

Any feedback much appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 12-27-2014
stevebills's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,868
Thanks: 167
Thanked 106 Times in 97 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Paypal ebay era at an end?

Seems credit checks are the cause and how to get round them ...well nobody's talking and all cards are held close to there chest
I am taking Christmas off eBay and see whats happening next year so relax like me
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 12-28-2014
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 87
Thanks: 17
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Paypal ebay era at an end?

I see so no new intel just yet?
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 12-28-2014
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,670
Thanks: 313
Thanked 812 Times in 578 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
iTrader: (97)
Default Re: Paypal ebay era at an end?

Even if people do have solutions, if I were them I definitely wouldn't be public ally posting it to every tom, dick and Harry. This is open forum and can easily be seen by the wrong eyes.

People won't just give up info, not going to happen
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 12-28-2014
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,670
Thanks: 313
Thanked 812 Times in 578 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
iTrader: (97)
Default Re: Paypal ebay era at an end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebills View Post
Seems credit checks are the cause and how to get round them ...well nobody's talking and all cards are held close to there chest
I am taking Christmas off eBay and see whats happening next year so relax like me
You keep saying credit checks - post how you KNOW this. Please don't link me to the T&Cs that says nothing apart from the systems they use.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Callidus For This Useful Post:
JamesNorth101 (12-28-2014), rsot (12-28-2014)
  #43  
Old 12-28-2014
stevebills's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,868
Thanks: 167
Thanked 106 Times in 97 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Paypal ebay era at an end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callidus View Post
You keep saying credit checks - post how you KNOW this. Please don't link me to the T&Cs that says nothing apart from the systems they use.
well whats your say on it instead of questioning my posts and if u haven't got anything to say try adding something
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 12-28-2014
SilentHill's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 349
Thanks: 265
Thanked 178 Times in 144 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
iTrader: (10)
Default Re: Paypal ebay era at an end?

There's a way around everything. Point blank period. Get some sleep
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:30 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58