For the Big Time Guys & Gals Do you have employees and if so how did you go about... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 12-31-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default For the Big Time Guys & Gals Do you have employees and if so how did you go about...

So I was reading the thread When are your days off, and I really enjoyed seeing how other stealthers and ebayers do their thing.

It really peaked my interest for the bigger operations and how the successful people of this thread went about doing it.

My questions are, what was it that helped you grow so big?
Any particular things that helped you get there?

Also when did you decide hiring someone was the best thing to do?
How did you find the right person to add to your team?

And my biggest concern, when you hired someone, how did the whole stealth idea go over with them? How did you find someone you trusted?
I guess what I am asking is not everyone views what we do nonchalant, did you explain or no?

When they started working they had to of noticed say 30 separate ebay and paypal accounts and the fact that they all had different names and information.

I appreciate the wisdom and tips from the successful people of the forum.
I realized I was kind of stagnant, you know just enough. I want OVER and ABOVE not just enough!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-31-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: For the Big Time Guys & Gals Do you have employees and if so how did you go about

Sorry for not getting to your PM. I will have time tonight or tomorrow morning. I will post something here as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
livelifewild (12-31-2014)
Old 12-31-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: For the Big Time Guys & Gals Do you have employees and if so how did you go about

if you are stealth on ebay/az, you should have someone only manage 1 acc for you not multi. Mistakes happen that way with linking.

staff can pack you your stuff and ship it etc, that is a big job that can be outsourced. just download the orders to be picked on a daily doc.
Old 12-31-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post

staff can pack you your stuff and ship it etc, that is a big job that can be outsourced. just download the orders to be picked on a daily doc.
On most of my big accounts, they ship off of paypal notifications and work via Gmail only. They can click on the link to confirm an item etc... but have no access to the accounts.

They then forward the email once processed with tracking to another gmail, etc...

Some have shared docs and spreadsheets(I am very removed from this these days) with all details such as tracking etc..

Half of these tasks are handled by VA staff.

I pay my package stuffer s $2.00 per item typically. Most make a few hundred to $1000 a day. They pay for any and all mistakes they make. They make almost no mistakes at all.
Old 12-31-2014
Executive [VIP]

yeh I pay £1 per item to be packed and shipped here in UK.

I would not let them deal with multi gmails though, as the cookies from each other can contaminate.
Old 12-31-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

I would not let them deal with multi gmails though, as the cookies from each other can contaminate.
To clarify, this is for mega accounts. They are as a general rule only dealing with one account.
My big ebay businesses are a bit tricky to explain without writing a small book. There is a lot of parts and pieces and facilities etc... and partners and reverse hired old competitors(now partners).

Later I will try to give some ideas of how it works. Ideas that may be useful to someone else to brainstorm and modify.
Old 12-31-2014
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 74%

yankee, that would be awesome when you get a chance. I would like to get a better understanding.

Also what about if you do not have say one main account that is huge. But you have multiple small accounts.

Of course hiring someone to pack and ship the items would be helpful to me time wise. But once I get up to the number of accounts I am shooting for, it would be very beneficial to have someone help run the accounts. Again the whole VPN thing may help with anything getting crossed and linked (just a thought)

I am beginning to think that to get help with multiple stealth accounts I would either have to bring in a partner so to speak, or have a family member or friend work for me.
Old 12-31-2014
Executive [VIP]

Working with competitors can double or 10x your business too. Not to get into many details but I worked directly with my biggest competitor in 2013 in one market January 15th-September 28th. Did 1.2 million dollars EXTRA in gross sales and used non of my own money and did zero servicing. Just focused on transactions.

Anyways, it will most likely be tomorrow morning.
Old 12-31-2014

Longevity: 77%

Quote:

Are you using a fulfilment centre for this or private individuals holding stock themselves?
Old 12-31-2014

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
On most of my big accounts, they ship off of paypal notifications and work via Gmail only. They can click on the link to confirm an item etc... but have no access to the accounts.

They then forward the email once processed with tracking to another gmail, etc...

Some have shared docs and spreadsheets(I am very removed from this these days) with all details such as tracking etc..

Half of these tasks are handled by VA staff.

I pay my package stuffer s $2.00 per item typically. Most make a few hundred to $1000 a day. They pay for any and all mistakes they make. They make almost no mistakes at all.
S1000 dollars a day as a packing stuffer, Omg.
I am so in the wrong job. All you need is yankee.
The Following User Says Thank You to sugarlaces For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (12-31-2014)
Old 12-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelifewild View Post

My questions are, what was it that helped you grow so big?
Any particular things that helped you get there?
Finding 25 hours in a day, and these forums
Quote:
Also when did you decide hiring someone was the best thing to do?
How did you find the right person to add to your team?
It almost never is, unless it is for the most remedial of operations. Never hire anyone to work your accounts. Ever. Also never teach your best friend how to make accounts so he could eventually become your biggest competitor and then f you over. Experience speaking
Quote:
And my biggest concern, when you hired someone, how did the whole stealth idea go over with them? How did you find someone you trusted?
Don't. Ever. If you're going to do it - make up some retarded reason why and find someone who is both (A) dumb enough to believe your baloney and (B) street-wise enough to know when not to ask questions. The two best people I ever hired was a pregnant stripper with no high school diploma, and a homeless heroine addict with a "Will work for food" sign on the sidewalks of NYC. He later told me I was the best boss he never thought he'd have.
Quote:
I guess what I am asking is not everyone views what we do nonchalant, did you explain or no?
Make. Stuff. Up. The ones who are good employees just say "Okay, but you pay cash, right?" and the ones who are too smart are.... well... just avoid them.

You want a work-horse, not a Clydesdale.
write (03-23-2015)
Old 12-31-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omgoozle View Post
Finding 25 hours in a day, and these forumsIt almost never is, unless it is for the most remedial of operations. Never hire anyone to work your accounts. Ever. Also never teach your best friend how to make accounts so he could eventually become your biggest competitor and then f you over. Experience speakingDon't. Ever. If you're going to do it - make up some retarded reason why and find someone who is both (A) dumb enough to believe your baloney and (B) street-wise enough to know when not to ask questions. The two best people I ever hired was a pregnant stripper with no high school diploma, and a homeless heroine addict with a "Will work for food" sign on the sidewalks of NYC. He later told me I was the best boss he never thought he'd have. Make. Stuff. Up. The ones who are good employees just say "Okay, but you pay cash, right?" and the ones who are too smart are.... well... just avoid them.

You want a work-horse, not a Clydesdale.
Yikes. We live in different worlds.
Old 12-31-2014

Quote:
Did 1.2 million dollars EXTRA in gross sales and used non of my own money and did zero servicing.

Quote:
Yikes. We live in different worlds.

You can sure say that again.
Old 01-01-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarlaces View Post
S1000 dollars a day as a packing stuffer, Omg.
I am so in the wrong job. All you need is yankee.
I just do not believe those figures for packet stuffing per person, heck I would ask for a job at those rates.....

most packet stuffers make well under $100 a day, it is unskilled work. It also includes taking it to the shipper etc.
SUVE (01-06-2015)
Old 01-01-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by cass View Post
Are you using a fulfilment centre for this or private individuals holding stock themselves?
private individuals, hard to find reliable trustworthy individuals, but they are like gold-dust if you do, so hang on to them.
Old 01-01-2015
Executive [VIP]

you can build your own CRM system or use some paid for system, all your emails go there from eb, az, website, play etc etc, your freelancer can monitor them there.

in terms of different usernames etc, filter messages, have it clear with the employee, the truth is you keep them seperate, as if there is a problem with one it can link the others and they can go down, they will understand as it is actually common sense, just alot of people do not know this til they hit issues and come to these types of forums. Alot of reasons why someone would do it, maybe the accs have different owners and you are just managing different ones and you require a freelancers help...etc

Last edited by oompaloompa; 01-01-2015 at 02:03 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oompaloompa For This Useful Post:
livelifewild (01-02-2015), SUVE (01-06-2015), yankee (01-01-2015)
Old 01-01-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I just do not believe those figures for packet stuffing per person, heck I would ask for a job at those rates.....

most packet stuffers make well under $100 a day, it is unskilled work. It also includes taking it to the shipper etc.
sell more items..... My Alabama facility will ship many thousands of items a week. The supply all hands, packing material, storage, inventory control and local pickup with USPS. The make almost no mistakes because they have to pay for all lost/missing and incorrect picked orders. Some items a $1000 a pop... This location ships almost exclusively small items under 7lbs.

Do I over pay? Of course! Who in this world wants to print and handle 300-500 items every single day at $10.00 an hour? You get horrible workers and huge turnovers.
I want my crew to WANT to work. Not dread it. I have them begging for more because they are making a slew of money. They are also ebay/amazon sellers themselves.

My location in NH gets $10.00 per box, but that requires a technical skill as well and all items are over $400.00 and much smaller volume.

Last edited by yankee; 01-01-2015 at 02:09 PM.
Old 01-01-2015
Executive [VIP]

I will be your UK facility at those rates....
SUVE (01-06-2015)
Old 01-01-2015

Quote:
sell more items..... My alabama facility will ship many thousands of items a week.
And I'll be your NYC facility when you're looking to expand.
SUVE (01-06-2015)
Old 01-01-2015

Longevity: 90%

Not packet stuffing, container stuffing lol

Quote:

Old 01-01-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 1%

I have a small office space for my business. I currently have 12 active ebay accounts with high limits and 4 AZ accounts.

There is only 2 people working there for me as I myself work full time for another e-retailer.

The way I manage the orders is by ShipStation. Every ebay account has 1 shipstation. So they cant really mess up the orders.

I personally have to answer all the emails and stuff but its okay for me.

hope this helps
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to emings5 For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (01-02-2015), livelifewild (01-02-2015), SUVE (01-06-2015), write (03-23-2015), yankee (01-01-2015)
Old 01-01-2015

Longevity: 57%

I had no success bringing folks in to help, got absolutely destroyed by one deceitful person, lesson learned! Hired to help and they stabbed me in the back. Do not give away your secrets. I am too trusting. Only immediate family works for me from now on and I pay them well. Luckily I have a big family and we all live in the same general area.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to novemberrain1970 For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (01-02-2015), newjerseymax (01-02-2015), SUVE (01-06-2015), whiteberry (01-10-2015), write (03-23-2015)