Starting to resent ebayers - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 01-03-2015
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,550 Times in 2,203 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%
Default Starting to resent ebayers

this is not new, but I'm really starting to resent American ebayer.

They don't care if it's Christmas or New Year's Eve, they expect champagne for the cost of water and overnight shipping for free shipping during the holiday season to boot.

I feel awful right now and I feel like I just want to mess these ppl up.

Can't wait to leave eBay!!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default Re: Starting to resent ebayers

Where you going to go? Amazon and eBay rule the online world, and both have their ups & downs.
Old 01-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

I try not to make blanket statements about country buyers...
Old 01-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

most of them are fine and smooth, you get the odd ones that are demanding and want everything for nothing, if they make a mistake in reading the ad then it is suddenly seller fault.

had one on-going for a month now and I will just take the neg and ignore her, her hobby has been to send emails over silly small amounts, she did not receive and it was re-shipped, she then later after dispatch gave me the names for the orders, that were different to hers, I partially refunded, as it was split order she had sent to various friends, she wants them all refunded.....am now just ignoring
Old 01-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Another one? Or the one where your listing was misunderstood?
Old 01-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

I am starting to resent overseas buyers, esp. from Canada. I think this year I dont ship overseas. I only do it to Canada but I am resenting it.
Old 01-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%

Lol How do you make a general statement like that? I have had similar experiences with customers outside the US. People have high demands no matter where they are located, which is why I no longer ship international.

BTW, where are you going?
Old 01-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I've noticed something over time. Whenever I am the cheapest seller, I get more complaints on those sales, percentage wise, than I do when I am at a higher price. Obe thing I LOVE about being a TRS is you do NOT have to have the cheapest price to make sales.

I think there are just some bottom feeder buyers out there who DO want everything for next to nothing and will complain LOUDLY if everything is not perfect. And they ARE annoying!

I once had a terrible experience with an international buyer that used one of those services that takes your package from the USA and ships to wherever the buyer is. He received a defective item and demanded a refund. I was willing to do that, of course, but he wanted me to reimburse him the cost of his forwarding service as well! No way in hell was THAT going to happen. I refunded him in full for order. Of course he left a negative feedback.
Old 01-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

People in general are challenging at times. It is just an aspect of doing business everywhere in the world.

I love international selling BTW
Old 01-03-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

I just got a really aggressive inquiry about an item pointing out to that my pricing was way to high for a really rare item. The only one on Ebay and in mint condition in the original box. Part of me wants to just go through with the sale, but I have a feeling she already feels put out and is looking for cheaper deal. I have put the message on here. If anyone has an opinion I would really appreciate it.

the message:
Lovely piece. However, your asking price is more than a 90cm cashmere shawl as well as a maxi pointu at current retail. With that in mind, rather than going back and forth, please let me know your best offer.
Old 01-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnu View Post
I just got a really aggressive inquiry about an item pointing out to that my pricing was way to high for a really rare item. The only one on Ebay and in mint condition in the original box. Part of me wants to just go through with the sale, but I have a feeling she already feels put out and is looking for cheaper deal. I have put the message on here. If anyone has an opinion I would really appreciate it.

the message:
Lovely piece. However, your asking price is more than a 90cm cashmere shawl as well as a maxi pointu at current retail. With that in mind, rather than going back and forth, please let me know your best offer.
You can either negotiate or not. That is your choice.
For me, on my fixed price listings, I reply, "I am very sorry for any confusion. This is not a best offer listing. It is a fixed set price. Thank you."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
nearnu (01-03-2015), newjerseymax (01-05-2015)
Old 01-03-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

I sent a really friendly but honest email. I think this is her buying account as fb is private. I have a feeling she is a bigger seller. It happens to me all the time. Thanks for your input. I am not going to sell to this buyer.
Old 01-03-2015
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnu View Post
If anyone has an opinion I would really appreciate it.

the message:
My response to these questions to customers that ask this: I tell them that I lower my price on all unsold items once every month by 5%-10% until the item sells.

If it happens to be near the end of the month, I will go ahead and send the customer my best offer. (what I would have lowered it to anyway)

Anyway, that's my method.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TGMT² For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (01-04-2015), GreenBean (01-03-2015), nearnu (01-03-2015), rsot (01-04-2015), yankee (01-03-2015)
Old 01-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Another one? Or the one where your listing was misunderstood?
my listing instructions are very clear.

Old 01-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotano211 View Post
I am starting to resent overseas buyers, esp. from Canada. I think this year I dont ship overseas. I only do it to Canada but I am resenting it.
Problem with Canada as well? Wow - how so?
Old 01-04-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
My response to these questions to customers that ask this: I tell them that I lower my price on all unsold items once every month by 5%-10% until the item sells.

If it happens to be near the end of the month, I will go ahead and send the customer my best offer. (what I would have lowered it to anyway)

Anyway, that's my method.
Thanks for all the help with my aggressive buyer. She has been a member a long time and told me she wants the scarf for her friend going through chemo. I lowered the price to my mimiim as a buy it now. I still think she is planning on reselling it, but I don't really care. As long as she doesn't try to claim do an SNAD, I am going to sell. I am going to upgrade the shipping to express with tracking and pay for that on my end for security. Beyond taking a lot of photos do anyone have any advice on how I can make this transaction anymore secure? Thanks so much everyone, you have already helped me so much!

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 01-04-2015 at 06:52 PM.
Old 01-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

I know you have made the decision already, but if you thought all of that, eg. she was aggressive and was planning to resell but treating you like a chump by saying for a chemo friend then I would have said no and blocked...I only take notice of people if they already bought, as they are more dangerous then.

A good item will always get a sale even if it needs relisting.

she will prob be ok, as she got what she wanted out of you, just ship with tracking and enjoy your profits.
Old 01-04-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
I know you have made the decision already, but if you thought all of that, eg. she was aggressive and was planning to resell but treating you like a chump by saying for a chemo friend then I would have said no and blocked...I only take notice of people if they already bought, as they are more dangerous then.

A good item will always get a sale even if it needs relisting.

she will prob be ok, as she got what she wanted out of you, just ship with tracking and enjoy your profits.

Hahah you're awesome. Yah she thinks I am chump for sure. I haven't completed the sale yet. I lowered it to my desired price so I don't have anymore stupid requests. I am still kind of on the fence. I find it really offensive she used the chemo thing. I have an auto immune disease and never use it as a bargaining chip. The scarf in question isn't for wearing on your head. It has metal tassels and would poke your eyes out. I am going to take a lot of photos and get my picky hubbie to look for any imperfections. Because of all my closed accounts it looks like a new seller but I have been selling through different places for over 6 years now. I just didn't find out about stealth until 5 days ago. I will keep you posted.

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 01-04-2015 at 06:53 PM.
Old 01-04-2015

Longevity: 76%

I have alot of health problems and would never use them to get better deals. Thankfully, 5 years post stroke I am doing better financially than was pre-stroke. I get sad stories daily I ignore them as most could make living those who do not if in USA government give them enough to survive on. I am so happy I ignored family who told me to get on disability as soon I was making more than the government would pay me and its been growing since.
Old 01-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

It ticks me off when buyers use sob stories on luxury goods to get a better deal.

If they send me a message before the sale, I block them.

If you are getting government aide with 4 kids in nigeria then you shouldn't be buying a $400 watch and telling me your aunts best friend is in the military and you SHOULD get a discount.

I just had a buyer tell me that his Girlfriend is in the hospital and that he'd 'BETTER' get his parcel in 3 days.
Well, I was a total dick and waited until the last 3 hours before canceling his bid then blocked him.

The sense of entitlement is killing me with people these days.
The Following User Says Thank You to BigCJ For This Useful Post:
vogeltron (01-06-2015)
Old 01-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
my listing instructions are very clear.

LOL. Dust of a boy cow. Not what you said here....

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/executi...od-excuse.html
Old 01-04-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
I have alot of health problems and would never use them to get better deals. Thankfully, 5 years post stroke I am doing better financially than was pre-stroke. I get sad stories daily I ignore them as most could make living those who do not if in USA government give them enough to survive on. I am so happy I ignored family who told me to get on disability as soon I was making more than the government would pay me and its been growing since.
Wow good for you! I know how hard it is when you have bad health. It is so hard to find the suitable work. For me as well. I kept trying for 4 years since I was diagnosed and it has been a nightmare. I am going full on this year with my online, another reason reason I am happy I found this forum!

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 01-04-2015 at 06:45 PM.