Calling To Raise Selling Limits - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 06-09-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default Re: Calling To Raise Selling Limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwuvcurrency View Post
I call in and it does depend on the Rep.. I feel like anyone overseas will NOT give you a raise, but Ive had luck with someone that is American.. Usually in my case I can get a male to give me limits before the female reps ..
Interesting...typically I get American reps when I use the "calling for limit increase" option. And I've actually had better luck with female reps....lol. Then again, I kind of flirt with them a bit. If you can make them laugh/smile and make their otherwise abysmal and boring day a little bit brighter, I've found that they are much less likely to ask questions AND give better increases, in general.

Note: Please no one ask me how to be charming on the phone. I get PM's essentially asking for a script every other day now....if I gave you a script, it wouldn't work, because there are only so many limit increase reps.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-09-2015

Activity: 28%
Longevity: 58%

There is no such thing as a script when you call in.

If you have ever called eBay you would know they use scripts (oversea reps). It is VERY obvious. If you even need to ask someone for a "script"....

You need to work on your communication skills.

The whole point of this thread should be how to sound exactly the opposite of a script
Old 06-09-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
There is no such thing as a script when you call in.

If you have ever called eBay you would know they use scripts (oversea reps). It is VERY obvious. If you even need to ask someone for a "script"....

You need to work on your communication skills.

The whole point of this thread should be how to sound exactly the opposite of a script
You would think this would be obvious, but as I said, I get a PM every other day asking "what do I say when I call?". My response:
Old 06-22-2015

Just a note, most female reps are ****s. It's always the female reps that are snoopy(no offense to any females on this forum).
The Following User Says Thank You to zexaah For This Useful Post:
Packattack12 (12-06-2015)
Old 06-22-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by zexaah View Post
Just a note, most female reps are ****s. It's always the female reps that are snoopy(no offense to any females on this forum).
Sexist drop kick

It is your stinking approach that let's you down

And you proved THAT by making this sexist remark.

Serves you right that you miss out. You need to learn how to handle the talk.

Talk the talk and walk the walk.

Old 06-22-2015

Longevity: 51%

I actually rather enjoy talking with eBay reps because they are nearly all the same, practically drones working for the hive. I've done plenty of social engineering over the years and my past customer service experience has given me the confidence to talk the talk. I've never had any issues with getting increases. Like everyone has said, just be mentally prepared, write answers down prior to getting on the phone, and be and sound confident.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to doL For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (06-22-2015), Nikez87 (02-22-2017), Packattack12 (12-06-2015), zexaah (06-23-2015)
Old 06-22-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,935 Times in 8,226 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Social engineering ....sounds intriguing...
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
zexaah (06-23-2015)
Old 06-22-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Damn, that's some proper ignorant bull**** right there.
Old 06-22-2015

Longevity: 54%

I have always called in or contacted them via live chat and if it was possible my limits were raised. They never checked anything beyond my eligibility to raise limits.
Old 06-22-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pork View Post
I have always called in or contacted them via live chat and if it was possible my limits were raised. They never checked anything beyond my eligibility to raise limits.
Hello,

Yes, in the EU (UK, etc) chat is an option to increase limits. Unfortunately, all US eBay members must request this via phone.
Old 06-22-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Usually Green Bean and I don't see eye to eye, but this time I am in 100% agreement.

I've actually had the HIGHEST average increases from female reps. I am just playful, ask them how their day is going, and flirt (very subtly, and APPROPRIATELY). They are so used to getting boring, nervous, and otherwise uninteresting people on the phone that they are relieved to talk to someone who actually makes the day go by a little faster. Reps LOVE talking to me, and that's why the love giving me increases. (Not bragging, I'm simply saying: If you make them like you, they will WANT to help you!)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
davidyellow (01-29-2020), doL (06-23-2015), Nikez87 (02-22-2017)
Old 06-22-2015
Speeder33

Longevity: 0%

Usually I don't call in or deal with reps (and never to raise limits), but every once in blue moon, ebay may request a call.

Female reps are people. Each one of them is different, it sounds like you had a bad experience. That is no excuse for your remark. I've talked to female reps before, some have been very sweet and helpful.....which is rare for any ebay employee, regardless of gender.
Old 06-22-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeder33 View Post
Usually I don't call in or deal with reps (and never to raise limits), but every once in blue moon, ebay may request a call.

Female reps are people. Each one of them is different, it sounds like you had a bad experience. That is no excuse for your remark. I've talked to female reps before, some have been very sweet and helpful.....which is rare for any ebay employee, regardless of gender.
It must be a blue moon tonight...I find myself agreeing with my "mortal enemies". (Jokes)

I've had the same experience. Female reps at eBay are nicer AND more willing to deviate from the script ON AVERAGE. Note that ALL eBay employees are HUMAN BEINGS, and thus, by nature, unpredictable. HOWEVER, I've called dozens upon dozens of times, and my general conclusion is that female reps are more pleasant to talk to all around. BUT, male reps are usually pretty friendly too!
Old 06-23-2015

All I do is social engineer.
Old 06-23-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
All I do is social engineer.
If you're friendly, socially "on key" and don't reek of nervousness or shiftiness, you shouldn't have any issues talking with eBay reps, male, female, tranny, whatever....

If you have had issues with more than 1/10 reps, the problem isn't the rep, it's YOU.
Old 06-23-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
If you're friendly, socially "on key" and don't reek of nervousness or shiftiness, you shouldn't have any issues talking with eBay reps, male, female, tranny, whatever....

If you have had issues with more than 1/10 reps, the problem isn't the rep, it's YOU.
I don't have any issues talking with reps. I was stoned when I said what I said. :-(
Old 06-23-2015

I have 10 accounts and I got limit increased by calling to all of them .. 100%
The Following User Says Thank You to thecoolguy For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (06-23-2015)
Old 06-23-2015

I called many times to increase my limits and never had a problem. They just ask you the name, address and something related to your account to make sure you are the owner of it. Then they will ask for the reason why you want to increase the limit. I told them I plan to buy more inventory to sell and need higher limit to list and sell my items. I said I want to grow my business. The questions are pro forma and the rep are usually friendly. Nothing to worry about, as long as your account performance is good, you will get it.
The Following User Says Thank You to hv1000 For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (06-23-2015)
Old 06-23-2015

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 75%

I've been calling in to raise my limits for 4 years now. In fact, when I need something done like a defect descored, INR protection case that shows delivered closed, or feedback looked at and taken off I even ALWAYS choose "Selling limits" tab before I get the code to call in the "Help and Contact" section. This always routes them to Utah if the account is already at or above 100/items month. The system AUTOMATICALLY routes you there... And they are great people to talk to if you know your stuff. It doesn't matter what I need done, they always get it done for me fast and nicer than any other call center location. I've never had an issue with a limit increase, save one time that the account was literally brand new and I was testing to see how new I could get increases on accounts. Other than that you are pretty safe after 45 days (others say 1 month, and even others say 3 months).
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dustin2br For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (06-23-2015), NewOldStockBoy (09-26-2016), SM2015 (06-30-2015), write (08-27-2015), xxrange (07-17-2015)
Old 06-23-2015

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 75%

This does bring up another topic related to increases that I have yet to figure out....the 1000/20k starting limits on accounts...how in the world is that done? I have only seen the "no threshold limit" on new stealth accounts I've created, but never the 1000/20k starting limit as most all start at 10/1000 or 5/500. Mind you I haven't actually created a stealth account myself in about a year as all my others have been flying strong, or I've purchased them for lack of time of creating. Its obviously a bot increase or just some random high starting limit right? Anyone willing to share info would get a high five
Old 06-23-2015
Executive [VIP]

The testimonials just keep pouring in...even from people who have PURCHASED accounts from this very forum.....calling eBay not only works, it's EASY.

You won't get any answers on the high account limits question....the account sellers are VERY protective of their businesses, going so far as to bash good advice to keep people in the dark that certain tactics (like calling eBay) work.

The best answer I can give you is experiment. I'm still trying to crack that code myself.
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2015

I got 100% success for my 12 accounts.. dont throw away 0/0 or 5/500 limit...
The Following User Says Thank You to thecoolguy For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (06-24-2015)