Tracfone Issue - Could be REALLY BAD! - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 10-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default Re: Tracfone Issue - Could be REALLY BAD!

UPDATE FOR THOSE STUCK WITH PHONES:

I contacted tracfone through their facebook page with a private message.
I explained that I just purchased 30ish phones for my students/classes only because I know they have the free minutes and wasnt happy that I wasted the money.

They asked for the serials/activation cards and gave me the 20 mins/ 60 days for 10 phones thus far.

Not sure if it will work for you guys.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BigCJ For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (10-15-2015), flowclothingco (10-16-2015), jeffweico (10-14-2015), plumsake2 (10-21-2015), write (10-16-2015)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-14-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aking View Post
Anyone tried Burner yet?
I tried 5 accounts with this app, and all of them have limits of 5/500. I will try 5 more, but I don't have much hope for Burner.

Yes I DO get 5/500's just like everybody else, but not 5 in a row.
Old 10-14-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCJ View Post
UPDATE FOR THOSE STUCK WITH PHONES:

I contacted tracfone through their facebook page with a private message.
I explained that I just purchased 30ish phones for my students/classes only because I know they have the free minutes and wasnt happy that I wasted the money.

They asked for the serials/activation cards and gave me the 20 mins/ 60 days for 10 phones thus far.

Not sure if it will work for you guys.
THAT IS SLIMY, SLEAZY, DISGUSTING AND A TOTAL MISREPRESENTATION!!!

I'll try it in the morning!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (10-14-2015), flowclothingco (10-16-2015), write (10-16-2015), yotano211 (10-14-2015)
Old 10-14-2015

Longevity: 62%

Burner numbers I found are easily reused. I had 1 and let it go tried to get it someone else had it. Tried a few months later and was able to get it back for a limited account 180 withdraw. Careful
Old 10-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

I have about five tracfone boxes I got a year ago somewhere. So now that means they won't work for just one ebay acct formation call?
Old 10-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Burner numbers I found are easily reused. I had 1 and let it go tried to get it someone else had it. Tried a few months later and was able to get it back for a limited account 180 withdraw. Careful
Figures. Any popular app like "Burner" will NOT give you high quality, i.e. unlikely to have been used on previous eBay accounts. They simply don't have the "buying power" of say, AT&T to get phone numbers. That, and by its very nature, Burner and apps like it constantly re-issue the VERY FEW limited numbers they have.
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
miketyson (10-14-2015)
Old 10-14-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
I have about five tracfone boxes I got a year ago somewhere. So now that means they won't work for just one ebay acct formation call?
Not unless you add the $20 airtime card.
Old 10-15-2015

Activity: 14%
Longevity: 90%

Just to correct the info posted by some of you guys earlier, you do not need to spend 20$, they have a option of 9.99$ for 60min and 30 days, just have to scroll down the page where you selecting plan of service to add.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to haohigh For This Useful Post:
bosco (10-15-2015), dealagreeproceed (10-16-2015)
Old 10-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohigh View Post
Just to correct the info posted by some of you guys earlier, you do not need to spend 20$, they have a option of 9.99$ for 60min and 30 days, just have to scroll down the page where you selecting plan of service to add.
Still $15 bucks....3x the original price.
Old 10-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 10%
Longevity: 76%

it still serves as a nice wake up call for all the people who put all of their eggs in one basket. there are hundreds of prepaid services available in all different regions. some that only even exist in one small region of the country and not another. open your eyes and you may find one that no one else on the forum even uses or knows about.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (10-15-2015), jojo2012 (10-17-2015), newjerseymax (11-16-2015)
Old 10-16-2015

Longevity: 50%

HAHA this really sucks.....i was making 15 new accounts and was going around to all my local pickup spots which usually only have 1-2 tracs left on the rack....this time they were all full so i loaded up on them....now we cant get that free airtime....THIS REALLLLLLY SUCKS.....they do however have a 9.99 plan but still that 300% of the original cost....HAHAHAH i also open all the boxes and filed all the serial number cards before activating
Old 10-20-2015

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanxyz0z View Post
At this point, Best bang for the buck seems those preloaded sim cards for $6 for a number, the good thing is it includes unlimited call, text, and some data)
Could you elaborate please?

Also wanted to chime in to say I too have aout 60 trac's lying around, now a waste of inventory.
Old 10-20-2015

Longevity: 56%

On ebay and amazon you can buy simple mobile sims, they are preloaded with the first month included, so you only have to pay for simcard and shipping which cost about $6, they will say on the title that the first month $40 plan is included.
All you have to do is pop the sim in any tmobile phone and you got a new number

Plus unlimited call and text and data with it
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to khanxyz0z For This Useful Post:
jeffweico (11-01-2015), nate (08-20-2016), Omgoozle (10-26-2015), Payelectronica (05-28-2016), write (08-04-2016)
Old 11-02-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
On ebay and amazon you can buy simple mobile sims, they are preloaded with the first month included, so you only have to pay for simcard and shipping which cost about $6, they will say on the title that the first month $40 plan is included.
All you have to do is pop the sim in any tmobile phone and you got a new number

Plus unlimited call and text and data with it
Thanks for the heads up. The downside of that is that to keep the phone working costs a minimum of $25 per month. I would hate to have a $500 monthly bill to keep working phones on all of my accounts. Tracfone is actually the better deal, because it is only $20 every 90 days. But if someone does not care about keeping the number active, then you are right, this is not such a bad deal.

I have tried a few prepaid SIMS, nothing to report yet, but some are good and some are bad. To work for stealth, you have to have good phone numbers that have not been recycled to death.

I tried Burner (an app that gives you temporary numbers for about $1.50 each) and every account I created was a 5/500 account. That has NEVER happened to me before. Yes, I get 5/500's just like everybody else does, but 5 in a row???

Simple Mobile has been kind of like Tracfone - usually, you will get a decent number, but there are a lot of duds too.

Net 10 has a package called "Wireless for Dummies" that can be had on eBay or Amazon for $5, it is just the SIM card, you need a phone that works on one of the top 4 carriers and it has to be unlocked. Then, you get 7 days of service. The downside is, their cheapest plan is $20 for 30 days. And Net 10 is owned by the same people who own Tracfone, so I am sure they are pulling numbers from the same pool. I'm not really in the mood to give these guys even more of my money at this point.

I don't HATE Tracfone, they did what they had to do. For years, they were basically giving away phones in the hope that people would eventually buy the airtime and become their customers. But a lot of people abuse it. At $5 or $10 for the phones, people would pay that just to play a prank on someone and then throw the phone away. I'm sure drug dealers LOVED these phones. Anonymous registration, the ability to change numbers frequently with no headaches and wide availability probably made Tracfone their carrier of choice. Then there are the people creating stealth accounts for eBay, Amazon, Craigslist, Etsy, iOffer, Adsense, etc. We are only a small part of the universe. SEO using Tracfones must be HUGE. Ditto for Adsense.

I am experimenting with other SIM cards and will be happy to share my results. Even if every last person on this forum rushed into the best one, it would not cause problems. We are too small a drop in the bucket. And companies giving away the SIM cards do not have the phone cost to worry about.

So, my current focus is on finding cheap SIMS that can be cheaply activated AND do not cost a fortune to keep alive. Because I like to keep my phones alive and I also sell accounts and my customers probably wouldn't be too thrilled with me if I stuck them with something that costs $25+ monthly to maintain.

If anyone has any suggestions, or knows of any SIMS that could be good for this, please chime in. Any suggestions are welcome.
Old 11-02-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Just to add something that may come in useful for people who still have Tracfones or are considering buying Tracfones...

Some models can be easily changed while others require you to call in. I have not tested every phone, but here is what I have found.

The LG 305c does not have a SIM card and when you go to activate it, you have to dial *22890 to program the phone. It uses the Verizon network. The upside to these phones is they can easily have the number changed online, without having to call in. I got SIX numbers out of one phone, all within the first 30 days. On try number seven, it told me I would have to call customer service to change the phone number. I know others have posted that numbers can only be changed 4 times on any phone, but that has not been my experience. These phones work to receive the texts from PayPal.

The LG 306g DOES have a SIM card. You don't dial anything to program the phone, you just turn it off and then back on. I am not sure what network they use. They DO work to receive the texts from PayPal. The downside is, about 75% of the time you will have to call in to have the number changed. It only works about 25% of the time online. And I HATE calling Tracfone. I always get a high pressured sales pitch and have to wait on hold anywhere from 5 minutes to 45 minutes.

The LG 440's and Samsung s150's are a crapshoot in terms of whether or not they will work to receive the texts from PayPal. Some do and some don't. The only way to tell is to look at the SIM card - if it has BLUE printing on a white background, it will work. If it has BLACK printing on a white background, it will NOT work. These are the phones most commonly available for $5.

The Alcatel's are the same way. At least the inexpensive ones. I have not tried the $20+ Alcatel phones. Some work to receive the texts and some do not. Again, you can tell by looking at the SIM cards.

The problem with looking at the SIM cards is that you have to open the package, and no retailer is going to allow you to do that.

That sums up my current knowledge of Tracfones, I hope this helps someone to make a more informed purchasing decision, although I really do not see Tracfones as being the best option for stealth anymore. They are just too costly to use them on a bulk basis.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
mshamazon (11-03-2015), RoxJox (11-02-2015), write (08-04-2016)
Old 11-03-2015

Longevity: 76%

Tracfones look cheap $19.99 for 90 days. I prefer Verizon Wireless Prepaid though as they always work they $15/mo or $100/year. I bought 30 Verizon Wireless prepaid phones at first of year and doubt need any more for few years.
The Following User Says Thank You to jjohnson777 For This Useful Post:
write (08-04-2016)
Old 11-04-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

i have a prepaid sim card solution for this issues, is running on tmobile network, and for $8 is preload with 200 min for 60 days($15 value) , also reloaded this sim will only cost $10 every 60 days... check my post under the market place for more info. Also i have USED phones with $20 preloaded at $.05 cents by minute for all YEAR!! , yes , 360 days of service for $20, phone and the yearly airtime cost $35... pm me for more info
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to balsero For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (11-05-2015), GhostOfAmazon (11-05-2015)
Old 11-05-2015

Longevity: 56%

Good news.
I was checking prepaid sim cards for new phone numbers and i crashed into easygo prepaid

Now when you activate this sim card which is $2.50 On amazon(free shipping) it gives you free minutes( i think 100).

They have a $5 monthly plan
Now the sim works on any att or unlocked phone.

Btw the sellers really dont want you to buy more than one for obvious reasons. So just use your stealth knowledge to buy more than one, i saw some on ebay as well, but it didnt mention the free 100 minutes

Enjoy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to khanxyz0z For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (11-05-2015), glacier922 (11-05-2015)
Old 11-10-2015

How much does a trackfone cost without adding minutes?
Old 11-10-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Good news.
I was checking prepaid sim cards for new phone numbers and i crashed into easygo prepaid

Now when you activate this sim card which is $2.50 On amazon(free shipping) it gives you free minutes( i think 100).

They have a $5 monthly plan
Now the sim works on any att or unlocked phone.

Btw the sellers really dont want you to buy more than one for obvious reasons. So just use your stealth knowledge to buy more than one, i saw some on ebay as well, but it didnt mention the free 100 minutes

Enjoy
Yeah, I ordered a bunch of them. Two from each seller. The problem is, when you activate it, they ask for the IMEI number. When I tried to activate the third one, it said it had been used too many times. So, in order to use more than 2 of these would require a new phone, which is a problem. It is a shame, because the $5.99 monthly plans would be great for stealth and they are on the AT&T network, so the phone numbers are mostly good.
Old 11-10-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithelps View Post
How much does a trackfone cost without adding minutes?
Anywhere from $5 on sale, up to $10 for most phones, or if you want, you can buy an expensive phone to use with Tracfone.

It used to be nice, because you could get 20 minutes and 90 days for free.

Now, in addition to buying the phone, you have to add a $10 plan at minimum and that gives you only 30 days.

So the $5 or $10 initial cost has become $15 or $20.
Old 11-10-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Just an FYI... I have some leftover Tracfones and I thought about getting one or two of them unlocked so I could use them with either easygo or something else. There are several unlocking websites that promise to unlock your phone for a fee.

So, I chatted with one guy and he told me that Tracfones CANNOT be unlocked. Most of them do not even have the capability, because it is hard coded into the device and they will only work with Tracfone. I thought this was strange, since Tracfone does not own a cellular network, they just buy time from AT&T and Verizon, etc.

I looked at a settlement agreement that Tracfone reached with the FCC, since it is now the law that ALL cell phones should be able to be unlocked. It appears it IS true, because they are going to be replacing the phones for everyone in their Safelink program (a program that subsidizes phone service to the poor) so they can be unlocked and that regular customers who are not a part of Safelink can receive a credit from Tracfone if certain conditions are met. The credit is being issues since the phones CANNOT be unlocked.

Unfortunately, the conditions state that you had to have continuous service with Tracfone for 12 months and have paid for x number of airtime cards, or pins, or online.

I wanted to share that with the group. This happened in June of this year. It made me wonder if Tracfone made the change of having to add airtime in response to that settlement agreement and the new law? It is certainly possible. If all of the phones they sell have to be unlockable with codes, then certainly some enterprising hackers will figure out how to generate those codes and then can unlock brand new phones and sell them for a nice price. My guess is there will be further changes to Tracfone's business model. I think we can kiss the $5 phones goodbye. Because if they can be unlocked, then a cottage industry will spring up with people buying phones for $5, unlocking them and selling them as new, unlocked GSM phones. That is all just my THEORY, of course. Bit it WOULD explain Tracfone's new airtime purchase policy.

Last edited by TGMT²; 11-10-2015 at 11:20 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
khanxyz0z (11-10-2015)