Do ebay really close you down for many 1 and 2 stars? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 02-01-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Exclamation Do ebay really close you down for many 1 and 2 stars?

Hi guys, would be greatful if i could get some info

I have been getting ALOT of unfair marks for dispatch time on my account, and have not got 21 1and2s within the last 12 months, 10 within the last 3

My listings clearly state i ship within 10 working days as all items are made per order, everyone recives a dispatch message from me also and it clearly states at the checkout what eta will be on them getting the item. Yet this is being ignored and i am getting terrible scores for this. Everything else is fine but this is the only one in red and the seller dashboard is saying that i am below standard

i had to close my shop due to a family death and had people buying during this period. clearly stated at the top of the listing of my return date, so items would be processed after this return date. Yet buyers state that they never got the message when its clear as day on every listing. and a massive graphic on my homepage. Grrr

So i was wondering do ebay really ban you for these low stars? i have 100% feedback but i am starting to worry as now people seem to leave them even if they get there item within 48 hours!! its so unfair as they dont seem to realise the damage it can do

any advice would be a massive help
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-01-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Yes they will block - I don't wish to be the teller of bad news but they do this all the time =(

All the best.
Old 02-01-2011
Threadstarter  

Great so basicially i am screwed due to people being impaitent. So its just a waiting game now then
Old 02-01-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Well if you're not blocked yet, scramble mode - get your stars up as decently fast as you can. But don't hold your breath - expect the worst and prepare by making auxiliary accounts
Old 02-01-2011
Threadstarter  

I cant believe i have 100% feedback and they are gonna ban me, doesnt make sense. This stupid star system is more trouble than its worth
Old 02-01-2011

Longevity: 77%

Yes im afraid this is correct. Its the exact reason i found myself on this forum to start with.

One business account became limited due to low ratings for dispatch time
(100% feedback account with all 4.9 ratings but one 4.7),

We didnt stop using a business account "linked" to the original limited one but for a different business and all of a sudden all our high feedback legitimate accounts went down.

What did ebay say? there not interested.

Please try to learn from my mistakes and do the following.

On the account that has low dsr's list items that you can sell in very high volume quickly and know you can offer a 5 star service. Remove any listings that may not get you a guaranteed 5 star rating.

Ideally think of an item that business users will buy, they know the game and hopefully will leave you better feedback if you serve them well. A good item is mail sacks, parcel tape, bubblewrap etc. All which you can buy off ebay in bule and split down.

Even consider selling items at cost to do this as it will be worth saving a legitimate account. If its stealth then it may not be worth the effort.

Make a few stealths and begin listing one or two items a day on them in preperation of the worst.

Good luck mate, its a ball ache i know only too well.
Old 02-01-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

sell stacks of stuff at cost price, bargains, cheap stuff people really want envelopes, sd cards, whatever......
Old 02-01-2011

Longevity: 78%

ive found that selling phone cases such as blackberry cases and iphone cases to be a quick seller that you could even send out same day? this would help bring up your ratings so you can carry on selling what you currently do with the extra small profit from these
Old 02-01-2011
Threadstarter  

thanks guys, im gonna look for stuff around the house to list to sell of quickly.

how long though will it take for the ratings to drop, says i have 21 now 1 and 2s, how many can you have before they pull the plug?
Old 02-01-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

go to poundland and yellow ticket discount area at supermarket, grab a load of stuff, pens, cosmetics, sell at a loss whatever...go go go now!!!!! 24 hr at Tescos!!!
Old 02-01-2011

For me to answer that you would have to give me more information that you probably would not be comfortable doing. You can work it out yourself though with a calculator if ou follow my advice below.

Is this account in your real information?

If you go on eB live chat they may tell you if your tactful with your questions but they will more than likely ask you to wait till your next review.

If you click on the "below standard" bar that i assume is showing on your home area it will take you to a breakdown showing the % of low dsr's. If you can lower this % and not worry too much about the numbers then your on the right track. eB is happy as long as one of these has a green tick.

For instance you can have 20 low ratings for dispatch time if your % for dispatch time is 1.00% with a green tick. These numbers differ depending o your selling trend data.

You can lower your % from whatever it is now by diluting these dsr's. I hope your following me, i dont know if im explianing it correctly.

You may need to dilute with a few hundred items though depending on your account numbers.
Old 02-01-2011
Threadstarter  

Hi there

everything has a green tick except dispatch time

my total feedback is over 500 and 70 for this month. So i wonder how many i will need to get out of the 1 and 2s to get me into the green?
Old 02-01-2011

click on your review for the last 30 day rating - it should be the first tab on the left of the dsr breakdown page.

Are both the % amount and the numerical amount for dispatch time flagged?

If so what are the counts for the number of low ratings and the actual %?

You can then view the required number and % for your particular account to be standard on the left.

You can then work out how many items it will take to fix it.

Last edited by lucrative; 02-01-2011 at 05:52 PM.
Old 02-01-2011

Be careful if you start selling other stuff not in your field, as sellers on ebay are rather protective of their sales. So you may just find yourself making enemies that will make your account worse off.
Old 02-02-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigle View Post
i ship within 10 working days as all items are made per order,
People wont see that. They may read it, but they wont see it. I find buyers just switch off part of the brain that sees something they just don't want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigle View Post

100% feedback and they are gonna ban me, doesnt make sense.

This stupid star system is more trouble than its worth
1000% agree. They put about 20 minutes thought into that star system. Trillions of deals on eBay so don't tell me they don't know many buyers are unreasonable about delivery.

Here is what I would try:
Right after a purchase email buyer to remind them this is not going out tomorrow. And that you are getting seriously hurt by people giving you bad delivery time reports even though you say its two weeks to go out. And you need to confirm they are ok with the delivery times or if they never seen it, would they like a refund. Short and sweet and to the point or they will not read it. Any ass that gives you a one after they confirm its ok... Well, it will cut it down because they more or less agreed one on one. It sounds silly, but it will help

Normally it would be odd to preempt like this. But damn, you have no other choice.
Old 02-02-2011

That is a great idea Pod, as a lot of time the buyers have no idea of the damage they are doing with their complaints.
Old 02-02-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,040 Times in 774 Posts
Activity: 39%

Better idea - blast out a load of sales of cheap stuff you see for sale on Amaz on.

IE find 20 cheap hot selling items on Ama zon, sell them for very slighty more on E Bay, when sold go back to Am azon, mark as gift, use customer's address as delivery address.

If you want the best feedback in the world, sign up for free Amaozn prime trial, and send their cheap order next day delivery!

You DSR stars will sparkle.

Old 02-02-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by isitworththestress View Post
a lot of time the buyers have no idea of the damage they are doing with their complaints.
They don't, at all sometime. I received a 1 star from a buyer because he ordered 4 days before Christmas and it took 3 weeks. He emailed me how happy he was with the product and service and "it took a little while, but I know its not your fault with the holidays". He was rating the mail, not me....

- This is a low volume account. It killed my DSR
Old 02-02-2011
Red X

Longevity: 0%

50/50, some get away with it, some don't, with the way ebay works there is no correct answer.
Old 02-13-2011
Threadstarter  

So now ebay have put a restriction on my selling and put me under review. Seems i can only sell under £100 a month until its lifted, thats only if my ratings go up

what i would like to know, is that if i put my shop on holiday for say a month and not sell would the low 1 and 2s time out eventually and put my shop back into the standard zone instead of below average? or would i have to have constant feedbacks over 2 stars to do this?

the email i got stating that i am restricted wasnt that clear on whats gonna happen
Old 02-13-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,040 Times in 774 Posts
Activity: 39%

Helps to have another account to crack on with while you are repairing this one

Last edited by sax4; 02-13-2011 at 03:41 PM.
Old 02-13-2011
Threadstarter  

im holding off as long as possible with another account, as its alot of hassle opening new bank accounts,phone lines and a reputable address