Return address - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 01-08-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Question Return address

Hi,
Just browsing through the forums to see what uk stealth sellers are using for returning ebay items if they arise. I basically need a mail forwarding service without the trimmings just to have items returned to me. Most in my area are expensive and was wondering what my best option would be for my needs. I am going to purchase the Stealth Book shortly but need some general advise before doing so. Any constructed advise would be appreciated. Thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-08-2015

Longevity: 55%
Default Re: Return address

Check out PO box addresses, some can be rearranged a little to make them appear to be real and not PO box numbers, which if just straightforward numbers ebay does not like, consider other addresses as well such as family or friends who have not had ebay themselves, browse the postings in this forum for solutions as well, there have been many about subjects such as this, it is important to have a workable address that you have access to for any possible returns, you need a good working knowledge of stealth techniques to successfully operate a stealth account so reading around on here is vital and buying the stealth guide fills in some of the holes in your account operating awareness as well plus it gives you access to the subscribers only sections of this forum as well
Old 01-08-2015
Threadstarter  

Much appreciated for the advise. will consider all options from the forum and the book. Thank you.
Old 01-08-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
Check out PO box addresses, some can be rearranged a little to make them appear to be real and not PO box numbers, which if just straightforward numbers ebay does not like, consider other addresses as well such as family or friends who have not had ebay themselves, browse the postings in this forum for solutions as well, there have been many about subjects such as this, it is important to have a workable address that you have access to for any possible returns, you need a good working knowledge of stealth techniques to successfully operate a stealth account so reading around on here is vital and buying the stealth guide fills in some of the holes in your account operating awareness as well plus it gives you access to the subscribers only sections of this forum as well
I definately would NOT consider family and friends. As soon as you upload any address to eb and pp, it will stay in their systems forever.
If youre account goes down so does the address and so does there chances of having an account ever
Mail forwarding is not expensive as such....but ebay sales will cover those.
Like the saying goes....you have to spend money to make money :-)
Old 01-09-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooooo.halo View Post
I definately would NOT consider family and friends. As soon as you upload any address to eb and pp, it will stay in their systems forever.
If youre account goes down so does the address and so does there chances of having an account ever
Mail forwarding is not expensive as such....but ebay sales will cover those.
Like the saying goes....you have to spend money to make money :-)
As long as we are 100% certain that those friends/family addresses are from people who are never ever going to want to use ebay or paypal then there is no realistic problem with using them for a return address, it is not difficult to find people who really are that certain that they would never have any need to use the platforms, despite how much we want to do so, mail forwarding is always an option as well, depends how much it costs and how many sales the account has especially these days with the problems for people to even get accounts to stay up long enough

Last edited by RosieTosie; 01-09-2015 at 02:51 AM.
Old 01-09-2015

Quote:
As long as we are 100% certain that those friends/family addresses are from people who are never ever going to want to use ebay or paypal then there is no realistic problem with using them for a return address, it is not difficult to find people who really are that certain that they would never have any need to use the platforms, despite how much we want to do so, mail forwarding is always an option as well, depends how much it costs and how many sales the account has especially these days with the problems for people to even get accounts to stay up long enough
Hey RosieTosie
I wont drone on about my experience coz im sure everyone is sick of hearing it
But my experience resulted in two accounts shut down. Think there was a small.period of time between them. Big family fall out ensued as i was furious. Then.another ding dong.as she.set up an.ebay account herself.but.couldnt as it was linked to.the ones id lost.
I cant see why OP cannot just get an accessible address relatively cheaply and recoup.those costs from their selling.
I know that many will agree with me and also that many wont agree with me, but its just something i.cannot.see the logic behind. But thats just my opinion.
Just appears too much of a hassle.
If OP wants multiple accounts then they will.need to find alternative addresses anyway, so might as well get used to the address sotuation and save themselves a.lot of hassle.
Just an opinion :-)
Old 01-09-2015
Threadstarter  

The advise on this forum is outstanding and to the point, just as it should be. I have found a Mail box rental firm near my area £15.00 a quarter and they need to see my ID and proof of address and take copies!. Is this normal process! and what id and address would i need to supply, stealth, or my true identity?.
Another thing is, if my stealth account goes down for any reason, would i need to use a new mail rental firm as ebay will have my return address details!. Can anyone clarify this.
Old 01-09-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by defwax7 View Post
The advise on this forum is outstanding and to the point, just as it should be. I have found a Mail box rental firm near my area £15.00 a quarter and they need to see my ID and proof of address and take copies!. Is this normal process! and what id and address would i need to supply, stealth, or my true identity?.
Another thing is, if my stealth account goes down for any reason, would i need to use a new mail rental firm as ebay will have my return address details!. Can anyone clarify this.
Glad you got sorted. Yes...open in real details and.provide the id they require. Ask if they allow an.additional name within their service. Most do.
You would then input your stealth name as your additional name.

If you ever got suspended...then that address couldnt be used again :-)
Old 01-10-2015

Quote:
That's a good price for a PO box, was it a PO business or something along those lines?
Old 01-10-2015

Quote:
That's a good price for a PO box, was it a PO business or something along those lines?
I agree...thats a.good price. Mine are a tad dearer :-)
Old 01-10-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

defwax7
how will you handle proof of address?
Will the mail box rental firm provide you an utility bill?
Old 01-10-2015

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooooo.halo View Post
I cant see why OP cannot just get an accessible address relatively cheaply and recoup.those costs from their selling.
because you're telling people to keep accounts private and not ring in for listing uprades. Hard for people to make profit with 10/650 limits if they have to pay for a return address aswell
Old 01-10-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_ebay View Post
because you're telling people to keep accounts private and not ring in for listing uprades. Hard for people to make profit with 10/650 limits if they have to pay for a return address aswell
Yes...i do tell people not to phone in to increase their limits....im not the only person who suggests that.
And im certainly not the first person to suggest getting an accessible address.and recoup those funds from sales.
Yes...hard on a new account with a 10 limit but hey thats what stealth is. You need to spend money to make money. And if youre telling me that 15 - 20 every three months is a dent in your profits, then i have no idea what to say to that.
All my addresses are paid for and accessible so im good to go for if eb were to send anythibg in post and i can handle returns
Increases will come in time so patience is what is needed. All the lobg term members started off in this position and are makibg huge amoubts of money now. We all have to start somewhere
Old 01-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick231 View Post
defwax7
how will you handle proof of address?
Will the mail box rental firm provide you an utility bill?
For that you have to think "out of the box"...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
ooooo.halo (01-10-2015), Whitestone (01-16-2015)
Old 01-10-2015

Longevity: 88%

I guess one suggestion is to find a person - a very poor friend, a very old relative - who you are certain will NEVER EVER get a computer or have an eBay account and bung them some cash every month to receive any returns for you.
Be warned though. i use my mothers details to sell on ebay believing she would NEVER EVER have an eBay account. Two years later my mother bought a computer and now does have an eBay account. Fortunately no problems have occurred yet.
Old 01-10-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by luverlyjuberly View Post
I guess one suggestion is to find a person - a very poor friend, a very old relative - who you are certain will NEVER EVER get a computer or have an eBay account and bung them some cash every month to receive any returns for you.
Be warned though. i use my mothers details to sell on ebay believing she would NEVER EVER have an eBay account. Two years later my mother bought a computer and now does have an eBay account. Fortunately no problems have occurred yet.
Or...bung that cash into a rentable mailbox and not use a family or friends address.
As you said yourself, they may change their mind later and find they.cant.
You have been one of the lucky ones that have got through with it. Hope they dont link you. I have no idea. Im glad you have faced no problems. Continue to treat the account good and what will be will be :-)
luverlyjuberly (01-10-2015)
Old 01-10-2015

Longevity: 88%

I had a couple of scares in December.

I think we can safely say that eBay HAVE linked my mothers real account and my ⊗⊗⊗⊗ selling account - just because the names and addresses etc. are the same!
They will assume one is a selling account and one a buying account.

In December ebay told me twice that I had logged on using a different computer. I'm guessing that my mother was on ebay buying Christmas presents. I had to use the pin number sent by email method to get access to my account.

No problems since.
Old 01-10-2015

Quote:

I think we can safely say that eBay HAVE linked my mothers real account and my ⊗⊗⊗⊗ selling account - just because the names and addresses etc. are the same!

In December ebay told me twice that I had logged on using a different computer. I'm guessing that my mother was on ebay buying Christmas presents. I had to use the pin number sent by email method to get access to my account.

No problems since.
Well if its working for you, then thats great news.
Look after your selling account so her buyers account stays ok.
Glad its worked out for you and hope it stays that way.
Ive always said that for the main, its the finicky buyers that.account for suspensions. Unfortunately you cant please everyone. Just do your best and thats all you can do :-)
Old 01-10-2015

Quote:

No problems since.
That was a fortunate get out of jail free card for you, having said that ebay have a habit of sending out emails that people are using different computers so can't be recognised
The Following User Says Thank You to RosieTosie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2015
Threadstarter  

The PO box i am going to use is from a Freight Services company 2 miles from me who offers this service, so i can pick up the returns myself.
Old 01-10-2015

Quote:
The PO box i am going to use is from a Freight Services company 2 miles from me who offers this service, so i can pick up the returns myself.
Even better......well done.
You probably already know this, but dont use PO BOX within address as they are not liked. Just use the numbers or flat, room, suite etc...
defwax7 (01-11-2015)
Old 01-10-2015
Threadstarter  

Yes i have read this a lot on this forum and is good advise.