Entropy are hopeless, any other Prepay Card? - Page 4 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 01-30-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default Re: Entropy are hopeless, any other Prepay Card?

Entropay are ace, became a member 2 days ago and tonight I hold the premier account. Used TSB for my verification and the code was on my statement within a day.
The Following User Says Thank You to comp07974 For This Useful Post:
ooooo.halo (01-30-2015)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-01-2015

Not sure why anyone is having problems with Barclays in terms of entropay. I have the Barclays app and the entropay code was on within a working day, very very easy to see.
Old 02-01-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by katty View Post
Not sure why anyone is having problems with Barclays in terms of entropay. I have the Barclays app and the entropay code was on within a working day, very very easy to see.
Thats good to hear. Have never used Barclays, so its good to hear someones had a positive outcome when others have met problems :-)
Old 02-01-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 54%

Just to put this thread to bed...

Managed to get 3V card accepted by PP and attached bank account.

Sold few low-value items and took about £50.

Couple of days later Paypal limited me and are asking for Photo ID...

I've pretty well given up on this account now. Maybe try again from scratch. It's a shame, because I had access to the stealth address and SOME of the documents PP asked for....just can't get the photo ID.
Old 02-01-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbo View Post
Just to put this thread to bed...

Managed to get 3V card accepted by PP and attached bank account.

Sold few low-value items and took about £50.

Couple of days later Paypal limited me and are asking for Photo ID...

I've pretty well given up on this account now. Maybe try again from scratch. It's a shame, because I had access to the stealth address and SOME of the documents PP asked for....just can't get the photo ID.
Photo ID neednt be a problem. Be creative
RosieTosie (02-02-2015)
Old 02-01-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooooo.halo View Post
Thats good to hear. Have never used Barclays, so its good to hear someones had a positive outcome when others have met problems :-)
Yeh. I was surprised as I really thought I'd have to ring up to ask. I think people may be looking at the wrong place or should get the Barclays app or even use online banking because the 6 digit number was displayed as part of the sender details on the transaction, so it has EPXXXXXX (x is the numbers), and it was these numbers that were needed.

EDIT: I've just been reading through this thread and it seems like there might be some misunderstanding as the code that entropay require to verify the VCC is something that we DO see and not just the bank but as mentioned above people may be looking at the wrong place as it definitely appears on the bank statement. I'll try and upload screen shot of the app tomorrow which shows the transaction so people know what to look for.

Last edited by katty; 02-01-2015 at 08:19 PM.
Old 02-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by katty View Post
Yeh. I was surprised as I really thought I'd have to ring up to ask. I think people may be looking at the wrong place or should get the Barclays app or even use online banking because the 6 digit number was displayed as part of the sender details on the transaction, so it has EPXXXXXX (x is the numbers), and it was these numbers that were needed.

EDIT: I've just been reading through this thread and it seems like there might be some misunderstanding as the code that entropay require to verify the VCC is something that we DO see and not just the bank but as mentioned above people may be looking at the wrong place as it definitely appears on the bank statement. I'll try and upload screen shot of the app tomorrow which shows the transaction so people know what to look for.
Yes katty but most of the time it glitches and does not show the code on the statement.

It happens on a lot of different banks and statements.

And when this happens you have to get the payment authorazation code or approval code from the bank to prove it went through.
Old 02-02-2015

Just to update at the sixth time of asking I got the Entropay code. 4 times with Barclays and twice with Lloyds. Taken me over 3 weeks but finally there. Onward and upward. Don't know how I did it must have just got lucky. When I get my statement it will probably be plastered with codes but just couldn't see them online until this morning.
Old 02-02-2015

As far as 3V are concerned I've given up now and used it on something else. I suspect Paypal have a algo which can search for these and highlight them. I daresay they are working on one that will do the same for Entropay accounts very soon.

Interesting though on the 3V website that there is an advert advising customers that they can use these vouchers / cards for Paypal transactions. You have to wonder if 3V are linked in anyway to Paypal. 3V will have a list of valid card numbers created from vouchers and I did notice the format of the numbers on mine were slightly different could this information be given to Paypal to run through their system and any number it sees flags the account?
Old 02-02-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwithaplan View Post
Just to update at the sixth time of asking I got the Entropay code. 4 times with Barclays and twice with Lloyds. Taken me over 3 weeks but finally there. Onward and upward. Don't know how I did it must have just got lucky. When I get my statement it will probably be plastered with codes but just couldn't see them online until this morning.
Well done. Glad you got there in the end :-)
Old 02-02-2015

Quote:
As far as 3V are concerned I've given up now and used it on something else. I suspect Paypal have a algo which can search for these and highlight them. I daresay they are working on one that will do the same for Entropay accounts very soon.

Interesting though on the 3V website that there is an advert advising customers that they can use these vouchers / cards for Paypal transactions. You have to wonder if 3V are linked in anyway to Paypal. 3V will have a list of valid card numbers created from vouchers and I did notice the format of the numbers on mine were slightly different could this information be given to Paypal to run through their system and any number it sees flags the account?
Theres been no reports as far as im.aware that 3V are risky. But like anything, things change and we just need to stay one step ahead all.the time.
Entropay is by far the best in my opinion. Easy to navigate and just seems so much simpler to me :-)
Old 02-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Quote:

3V is not affiliated eith Paypal.. people need to stop being so completely paranoid about everything.

All card numbers operate the way you describe.

At least 3V is an AVS card and can help when an account is limited to conrim location.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bunneh For This Useful Post:
ooooo.halo (02-02-2015)
Old 02-02-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
3V is not affiliated eith Paypal.. people need to stop being so completely paranoid about everything.

All card numbers operate the way you describe.

At least 3V is an AVS card and can help when an account is limited to conrim location.
Yes a good point keep it simple and don't overthink things do the basics and it should all work out.
Old 02-02-2015

Longevity: 62%

Quote:

Paypal do know what cards are been added wheather its a vcc or a real bank card and can stop them been added if they so choose.

Im not saying that its happening right now but it can do , so its not a bad thing to be aware of it.
Old 02-02-2015

Longevity: 59%

This is an issue I have never come across. Been running two Entropay Basic Accounts which allow me up to around 10 Cards at once, and I use my Barclays Debit Card to Top Up all the time.

Only issues I ever came across was when trying to verify the card, they asked me to put it on the webcam with JOOMLA verification, however it didn't work and I had to do it the bank way with the deposits.

Even with my brand new card I added, all verification limits lifted, never had a problem.