Question about taking ebay to court? - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 06-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Question about taking ebay to court?

Time for lawyers to take over
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-19-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Time for lawyers to take over
Not really, as already explain its a few quid and a couple of hours. People do have power, but most cant be bothered using it
Old 06-19-2015

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired View Post
I agree, principles can be a pain to keep...but essentially , its all we have, money and time can be taken away very quickly and easily, principals can't, they are what makes us, 'us'

Interested about the Ombudsmen though definitely, i like the 'pay you a level of compensation' part
I prefer: If an ombudsman receives lots of complaints about similar issues, it can ask an organisation or government department to review or change the way it works, which will improve things for other people.

Personally I don't just think it is principle but also common sense as if people just keep letting it slip then it will never stop so all power to you.

As long as you have the other accounts to keep you fed while your principles are working on the wrong account.

People keep saying that their two hours is too important, as if they have no leisure time and all they do is work twenty four, seven. If that is so then you are doing it wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to isitworththestress For This Useful Post:
wired (06-19-2015)
Old 06-19-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by isitworththestress View Post
I prefer: If an ombudsman receives lots of complaints about similar issues, it can ask an organisation or government department to review or change the way it works, which will improve things for other people.

Personally I don't just think it is principle but also common sense as if people just keep letting it slip then it will never stop so all power to you.

As long as you have the other accounts to keep you fed while your principles are working on the wrong account.

People keep saying that their two hours is too important, as if they have no leisure time and all they do is work twenty four, seven. If that is so then you are doing it wrong.
Yes I do agree. All those stories of those A1 sellers getting their accounts suspended for no reasons. Id still be trading now on my original account if wasnt for the mysterious algorythms of eBay.

Lol, yes, wasnt there a comment earlier about even finding time to 'think' about taking the to court? I am so glad my life is not that hectic, awful way to live, been there and done that.
Old 06-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Are you back on the sugar again? Everythings quieter when you don't eat sugar, so filling out a little paperwork, takes around two hours, so thats essentially around £47 an hour. Pretty good odds...and comes with the satisfaction of getting something back from ebay. Thats a win for me.

If you would rather pretend to be unfortunate and homeless, well, thats a very cruel thing to do, don't chance karma brother, you might never know where you will end up.
Nope, all healthy and fine, no need to worry.

You see, we just have different mindsets when it comes to stuff like this I guess:
It's not just 2 hours of paperwork- he actually needs to do a bit of research, post this thread on the forum, keep reading about it. Then somebody throws him a quote or a line and he will go a bit deeper into the rabbit hole and once he has CLEAR understanding of what it takes to actually do this, only then can he spend that couple of hours on paperwork.
That's just the start of it, that doesn't solve the case or guarantee him his money back or anything.

I'm not sniggering at him because it's £97, because money is money. BUT, I personally can't see how would it be productive to spend time doing all the thinking and then the physical act of filling out the paperwork, when you could spend that same time and energy on something much more productive.

If you want to talk about principles, then I guess I just have different principles than you:
I, out of principle, refuse to get drawn into these sorts of cases where I know that the BEST outcome for me would be getting my £97 back, whilst spending X amount of hours chasing it.
The WORST possible case? Countless hours spent, not getting my £97 back?

I guess I just think differently and my principles are orientated around productiveness in its purest form- If the numbers make it worthwhile, I'm all down to do it, but if something has too many IFs and BUTs and I can't see the clear cut way of achieving the wanted results, then I just need to decide is it worth it or not- This case would not be worth it for me.

BUT, if I was in a different situation and I really needed that money and it was hurting my earnings, life and well being in general, I can see how I'd be more incline to at least CONSIDER pursuing this.I still feel I wouldn't though, I'm just not that kind of a person

Quote:
If you would rather pretend to be unfortunate and homeless, well, thats a very cruel thing to do, don't chance karma brother, you might never know where you will end up
Can't quite believe you are trying to take a moral highground on an example that was illustrating how much of a timewaste this would be, in my mind. Desperate move.
Old 06-20-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haidukken View Post
Nope, all healthy and fine, no need to worry.

You see, we just have different mindsets when it comes to stuff like this I guess:
It's not just 2 hours of paperwork- he actually needs to do a bit of research, post this thread on the forum, keep reading about it. Then somebody throws him a quote or a line and he will go a bit deeper into the rabbit hole and once he has CLEAR understanding of what it takes to actually do this, only then can he spend that couple of hours on paperwork.
That's just the start of it, that doesn't solve the case or guarantee him his money back or anything.

I'm not sniggering at him because it's £97, because money is money. BUT, I personally can't see how would it be productive to spend time doing all the thinking and then the physical act of filling out the paperwork, when you could spend that same time and energy on something much more productive.

If you want to talk about principles, then I guess I just have different principles than you:
I, out of principle, refuse to get drawn into these sorts of cases where I know that the BEST outcome for me would be getting my £97 back, whilst spending X amount of hours chasing it.
The WORST possible case? Countless hours spent, not getting my £97 back?

I guess I just think differently and my principles are orientated around productiveness in its purest form- If the numbers make it worthwhile, I'm all down to do it, but if something has too many IFs and BUTs and I can't see the clear cut way of achieving the wanted results, then I just need to decide is it worth it or not- This case would not be worth it for me.

BUT, if I was in a different situation and I really needed that money and it was hurting my earnings, life and well being in general, I can see how I'd be more incline to at least CONSIDER pursuing this.I still feel I wouldn't though, I'm just not that kind of a person

Can't quite believe you are trying to take a moral highground on an example that was illustrating how much of a timewaste this would be, in my mind. Desperate move.
I jus stick up for myself, and will always right whatever wrongs have been done to me by others. I don't bend over when I get abused and take it like 5ft skinny prisoner in maximum security, I fight back.

I highly doubt most people would walk away from a job paying your £47 an hour with a whole load of satisfaction thrown in, thats pure productivity in my opinion.

You used a homeless person in you represent how they would earn more sitting outside with a board, pretty awful behaviour if you ask me, no matter what the 'point' was you wanted to make.

Old 06-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Lol, yes, wasnt there a comment earlier about even finding time to 'think' about taking the to court? I am so glad my life is not that hectic, awful way to live, been there and done that.
No, not that my life IS hectic, you got it all wrong.

I do my best, I work my hardest and I clock up some serious hours when needed to make sure my life doesn't become THAT hectic. It's about finding the Golden Ratio, the Fibonacci Lequence... The Lucas Numer between life and work.
I choose what I do based on how much of my time it takes and what is the ROI. It's very simpe, its about finding the balance and then keeping it in balance- It's about being smart and productive with your time.
Old 06-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I jus stick up for myself, and will always right whatever wrongs have been done to me by others. I don't bend over when I get abused and take it like 5ft skinny prisoner in maximum security, I fight back.

I highly doubt most people would walk away from a job paying your £47 an hour with a whole load of satisfaction thrown in, thats pure productivity in my opinion.

You used a homeless person in you represent how they would earn more sitting outside with a board, pretty awful behaviour if you ask me, no matter what the 'point' was you wanted to make.
It feels like you need to go and blow off some steam, my man.
You are reading what I write, but you are not processing it- If you want to take my points and thoughts out of context and then just type up a ****storm, then be my guest, but don't get too carried away.

The whole point I was making was that it's not the simple "oh pretty good £47 an hours if you'd ask me" because it's not really 2 hours, is it.

You went really dark there with the whole prison stuff. You seem pretty aggressive... You sure you are not grumpy about something else in your life?
Old 06-20-2015

Quote:
You are reading what I write, but you are not processing it- If you want to take my points and thoughts out of context and then just type up a ****storm, then be my guest, but don't get too carried away.

The whole point I was making was that it's not the simple "oh pretty good £47 an hours if you'd ask me" because it's not really 2 hours, is it.

You went really dark there with the whole prison stuff. You seem pretty aggressive... You sure you are not grumpy about something else in your life?
You seem to of getting quite personal now, thats always a very giving sign.

It is a simple £47 an hour in essence, if you know how to write and use a printer, and have a little substance to stand up for oneself. Nothing taken out of context at all really, you summarised by using an example of a person much less fortunate than yourself to conclude your opinion. You could say that about a person in max security prison, buts most likely they got there by their own doing, being homeless, not so much.

Good luck to you, I hope karma does not bite one day, but I know it probably will
Old 06-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Oh, you are adorable.
Old 06-20-2015

Quote:

Oh, you are adorable.
I know, thats why boys hate me and girls love me

Last edited by wired; 06-20-2015 at 08:16 AM.
Old 06-20-2015

Longevity: 52%

Quote:

Glad I'm not the only one to spot this
Old 06-20-2015

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
You seem to of getting quite personal now, thats always a very giving sign.
Isn't that precisely what you were trying to do with me a few days ago on multiple occasions.

Pot and kettle spring to mind
Old 06-20-2015

How many of these have you let pass with this none action?
Old 06-23-2015

Longevity: 64%

Wouldn't it make more sense to take the buyer to small claims directly? Just because he's not in UK doesn't mean the defendant changes to eBay. Technically they are victims of his lies too.

Also in what manner does the phone not work? Unless its completely dead, then of course the IMEI will register as being used if it has managed to power up and get a signal even if its all smashed up.

Last edited by aniseed; 06-23-2015 at 02:55 PM.
Old 06-24-2015

Who is the buyer?
Are they a real person?
Now think of where you are before answering those.
If by some chance it is a real person what chance is there that the seller could get the money if they actually have any? very little
And who took the money from the seller, eBay paid the buyer and then took the money from the seller and when the buyer has compalined and showed his proof that the phone has not just been powered up but has actually been switched to a different network in its busted state they just refused to even consider that they may be wrong and aiding a criminal taking the person that pays their wages for a ride.

maybe that is part of the reason but I suspect the other reason is ebay is run by ignorant accountants that have no idea about selling and the buyer that is scamming the seller is not going to change anything if he could so who is left to change the system they have created that is driving buyers and sellers away in droves.
Old 06-26-2015

Just noticed this should read and when the seller has compalined and showed his proof

Although we are buying the service off ebay so technichally