eBay UK - Managed Payments ? How will we stealth ? - Page 16 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > UK Managed Payments

UK Managed Payments Discussions related to UK eBay Managed Payments

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #331  
Old 07-19-2020
13obby's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 607
Thanks: 37
Thanked 153 Times in 129 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 35%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: eBay UK - Managed Payments ? How will we stealth ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimera View Post
I have seen comments on an ebay seller facebook page stating some people who have signed up have now noticed that ebay have set up a direct debit on their bank account.

For those who have signed up with miss-matched names that will be interesting.

I donít see that being a much of an issue Iíve mismatched names on direct debits in the past and had no issues the bank account was debited without any concerns.
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #332  
Old 07-20-2020
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 87
Thanks: 1
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: eBay UK - Managed Payments ? How will we stealth ?

I submitted ID on one of my MP accounts on the 15th, but have had no response as yet. Has anyone else experienced a similar delay?

My previous account got the ID approved in 2 days but I am putting the delay here Down to a backlog / rush of people submitting ID on the 15th.
Reply With Quote
  #333  
Old 07-20-2020
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 478
Thanks: 9
Thanked 28 Times in 24 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: eBay UK - Managed Payments ? How will we stealth ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frustr8ed View Post
I submitted ID on one of my MP accounts on the 15th, but have had no response as yet. Has anyone else experienced a similar delay?

My previous account got the ID approved in 2 days but I am putting the delay here Down to a backlog / rush of people submitting ID on the 15th.
wouldnt worry about it, both mine are the same but it says you will be told about commencing mp by end of july
Reply With Quote
  #334  
Old 07-20-2020
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 365
Thanks: 285
Thanked 67 Times in 54 Posts
Activity: 3%
Longevity: 34%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: eBay UK - Managed Payments ? How will we stealth ?

You lot are brave for even going ahead with it

I’ve got a personal eBay account £17k / month limit gonna hook it up to the (MP hit ebays) PayPal (docs passed) and rock and roll this year hopefully

Hopefully sh*t doesn’t hit the fan with MP, best of luck to everyone
Reply With Quote
  #335  
Old 07-21-2020
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 9
Thanks: 3
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 17%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: eBay UK - Managed Payments ? How will we stealth ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frustr8ed View Post
I submitted ID on one of my MP accounts on the 15th, but have had no response as yet. Has anyone else experienced a similar delay?

My previous account got the ID approved in 2 days but I am putting the delay here Down to a backlog / rush of people submitting ID on the 15th.
I uploaded ID on the 13th had have had no response yet either.
Reply With Quote
  #336  
Old 07-22-2020
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 87
Thanks: 1
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: eBay UK - Managed Payments ? How will we stealth ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydB View Post
I uploaded ID on the 13th had have had no response yet either.
Do you still get a red message in the ĎPaymentsí tab asking you to upload documents?
Reply With Quote
  #337  
Old 07-22-2020
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 9
Thanks: 3
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 17%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: eBay UK - Managed Payments ? How will we stealth ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frustr8ed View Post
Do you still get a red message in the ĎPaymentsí tab asking you to upload documents?
No I don't - Says "you recently updated your ID, we will notify you by email" (Not exact wording......)

I still havn't heard anything, but I have noticed Ebay had set a direct debit up on my bank account and instead of saying the switch will be late July its now saying "We will notify you 2 weeks and 2 business days before you are switched over to managed payments"

Reply With Quote
  #338  
Old 07-26-2020
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 87
Thanks: 1
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: eBay UK - Managed Payments ? How will we stealth ?

Iím seeing the same now. Looks like itíll be at least mid August before people are actually switched over.
Reply With Quote
  #339  
Old 07-27-2020
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 102
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: eBay UK - Managed Payments ? How will we stealth ?

Did this roll go ahead on how many got to sign up
Reply With Quote
  #340  
Old 07-27-2020
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 37
Thanks: 8
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: eBay UK - Managed Payments ? How will we stealth ?

hi all,
so i have now got been restricted listing new items and amending current listings until i sign up to MP.
my acc is registered at a business address which is legit, but when signing up for this acc i used stealth details as it started as a personal acc.
i have read many threads and have seen members saying they switched details to there own but have not really posted how it turned out for them.
if i change details to my own it would be linked to a banned acc.
not sure what i can do going forward
any help is appreciated
Reply With Quote
  #341  
Old 07-27-2020
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 9
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 14%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: eBay UK - Managed Payments ? How will we stealth ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldier View Post
hi all,
so i have now got been restricted listing new items and amending current listings until i sign up to MP.
my acc is registered at a business address which is legit, but when signing up for this acc i used stealth details as it started as a personal acc.
i have read many threads and have seen members saying they switched details to there own but have not really posted how it turned out for them.
if i change details to my own it would be linked to a banned acc.
not sure what i can do going forward
any help is appreciated
I haven't signed up to MP and am still able to create and amend listings. I'd have thought that any restrictions would be applied across the board rather than to some and not others.
Reply With Quote
  #342  
Old 07-27-2020
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 16%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: eBay UK - Managed Payments ? How will we stealth ?

hi guys I'm new hereÖ
Any news for MP. your updates would be really appreciated
Reply With Quote
  #343  
Old 07-29-2020
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 47
Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: eBay UK - Managed Payments ? How will we stealth ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgreaky View Post
hi guys I'm new hereÖ
Any news for MP. your updates would be really appreciated
Kindly read threads in all 3 MP sections in this forum and you will know more.
Reply With Quote
  #344  
Old 07-29-2020
james_112233's Avatar
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 2,299
Thanks: 578
Thanked 541 Times in 408 Posts
Activity: 18%
Longevity: 35%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: eBay UK - Managed Payments ? How will we stealth ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldier View Post
hi all,
so i have now got been restricted listing new items and amending current listings until i sign up to MP.
my acc is registered at a business address which is legit, but when signing up for this acc i used stealth details as it started as a personal acc.
i have read many threads and have seen members saying they switched details to there own but have not really posted how it turned out for them.
if i change details to my own it would be linked to a banned acc.
not sure what i can do going forward
any help is appreciated
Nobody knows. It's still early days.

I was one of the people that did that and my account is still active. Still waiting for MP to become enabled and haven't been given an exact date, just "end of july" like everyone else in the Uk.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to james_112233 For This Useful Post:
soldier (07-29-2020)
  #345  
Old 07-29-2020
brassmonkey's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 101
Thanks: 6
Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 59%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: eBay UK - Managed Payments ? How will we stealth ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
Nobody knows. It's still early days.

I was one of the people that did that and my account is still active. Still waiting for MP to become enabled and haven't been given an exact date, just "end of july" like everyone else in the Uk.
I switched my account to my previously banned real details and MP went live on my account on 27th July with no issue.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brassmonkey For This Useful Post:
james_112233 (07-29-2020), xxelvijsxx (08-09-2020)
  #346  
Old 07-29-2020
james_112233's Avatar
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 2,299
Thanks: 578
Thanked 541 Times in 408 Posts
Activity: 18%
Longevity: 35%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: eBay UK - Managed Payments ? How will we stealth ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brassmonkey View Post
I switched my account to my previously banned real details and MP went live on my account on 27th July with no issue.
Thanks for letting us know. What's it like ? can I have a screenshot of the payments tab ? just mask out any sensitive info.
Reply With Quote
  #347  
Old 07-29-2020
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 205
Thanks: 2
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: eBay UK - Managed Payments ? How will we stealth ?

My stealth accounts changed to name match bank account have been accepted.

Didnt try any with mismatch name yet
Reply With Quote
  #348  
Old 07-30-2020
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 18
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: eBay UK - Managed Payments ? How will we stealth ?

Hi All,

Another consideration (amongst many others) for me is how you will be able to report on Managed Payments.

I currently have 4 Stealth Ebay accounts (although you can have up to 8) going to my 1 Business Paypal account (with all my own details on Paypal). Money is then withdrawn to my Barclays Business Account.

Despite me having 4 separate eBay Stealth accounts, I only need to prepare 1 monthly Paypal report to capture all monthly activity for my records and for annual tax return.

If Paypal is removed from the equation, I would need to prepare 4 separate reports (1 from each Ebay account) for my records.

I just wonder how user-friendly and efficient the reporting aspect of Managed Payments will be (for those that pay taxes lol).

As I said, just one of many considerations and food for thought.

Best wishes,
Tuffguy

Last edited by tuffguy; 07-30-2020 at 10:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #349  
Old 07-30-2020
james_112233's Avatar
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 2,299
Thanks: 578
Thanked 541 Times in 408 Posts
Activity: 18%
Longevity: 35%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: eBay UK - Managed Payments ? How will we stealth ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffguy View Post
Hi All,

Another consideration (amongst many others) for me is how you will be able to report on Managed Payments.

I currently have 4 Stealth Ebay accounts (although you can have up to 8) going to my 1 Business Paypal account (with all my own details on Paypal). Money is then withdrawn to my Barclays Business Account.

Despite me having 4 separate eBay Stealth accounts, I only need to prepare 1 monthly Paypal report to capture all monthly activity for my records and for annual tax return.

If Paypal is removed from the equation, I would need to prepare 4 separate reports (1 from each Ebay account) for my records.

I just wonder how user-friendly and efficient the reporting aspect of Managed Payments will be (for those that pay taxes lol).

As I said, just one of many considerations and food for thought.

Best wishes,
Tuffguy
Ask your accountant if you can transfer from 4 different bank accounts to your business account. They will probably charge a little bit more for this but it will be possible as long as those other 4 accounts are clean from any other transactions so it makes their life easier.
Reply With Quote
  #350  
Old 07-30-2020
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 18
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: eBay UK - Managed Payments ? How will we stealth ?

Thanks for your suggestion, james_112233

If I had 4 separate Stealth Ebay accounts going to 4 different bank accounts, I guess that would cause a headache applying for Managed Payments, in that the 4 Stealth Ebay accounts would carry completely different name and address details to my 4 personal bank accounts, so surely would not be successfully verified for MP?

Would you suggest changing the names and addresses on the 4 Ebay accounts to my own, so they match my bank accounts?
The only concern there is that revealing my real name and address on the 4 Ebay accounts may link them to an Ebay account that was banned a few years ago, hence the original foray into Stealth accounts!
Reply With Quote
  #351  
Old 07-30-2020
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 1
Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 27%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: eBay UK - Managed Payments ? How will we stealth ?

Just want to give a big thumbs up for Ebayorbust. I have read all the threads on managed payments with trepidation to be honest and there have been some who have talked the talk...but talked ****e.
There have been some who thought knew it all and knew f...nothing.
Then you have the likes of Ebayorbust who have been on here for years and do not say a lot because there is always some big shot wants to shoot them down. As usual those that say the least know the most.
All sorted without even one tiny hitch. Cheers Ebayorbust top marks for you mate I know where to come in future for help and advice.
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to baldy For This Useful Post:
Bigblackdog (08-13-2020), Bunneh (10-23-2020), JamesNorth101 (07-31-2020), StealthHarry (07-31-2020), WestHammer (09-04-2020)
  #352  
Old 07-31-2020
arshavin's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 853
Thanks: 3
Thanked 39 Times in 30 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: eBay UK - Managed Payments ? How will we stealth ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Just want to give a big thumbs up for Ebayorbust. I have read all the threads on managed payments with trepidation to be honest and there have been some who have talked the talk...but talked ****e.
There have been some who thought knew it all and knew f...nothing.
Then you have the likes of Ebayorbust who have been on here for years and do not say a lot because there is always some big shot wants to shoot them down. As usual those that say the least know the most.
All sorted without even one tiny hitch. Cheers Ebayorbust top marks for you mate I know where to come in future for help and advice.
He's not gonna shag you mate.
















Sorry about that, it just tickles me every time I see this written somewhere so I couldn't help myself.

Im glad you are all sorted and I wish you all the best with your business.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arshavin For This Useful Post:
Pathos (07-31-2020), StealthHarry (07-31-2020)
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Managed Payments on eBay Linked with Transferwise? Stanislav.p.ivanov eBay Managed Payments 34 11-22-2021 07:48 AM
eBay managed payments adyen (⊗⊗⊗⊗ ID)? data2318 eBay Discussion! 47 01-21-2021 12:13 PM
EBay Managed Payments? Bulldog UK eBay Suspensions 23 07-25-2020 02:24 PM
Managed payments, eBay and invoices leighanns520 eBay Managed Payments 10 08-22-2019 07:49 AM
Just got this email.... Ebay Managed payments HurricaneHuntr eBay Discussion! 64 08-18-2019 10:02 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:12 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58