Tried to enroll on Ebay manage payments - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > UK Managed Payments

UK Managed Payments Discussions related to UK eBay Managed Payments

Old 05-20-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 46%
Default Re: Tried to enroll on Ebay manage payments

It sounds as if business sellers who have already completed registration will be activated onto managed payments in July 2020 - according to ebay message they emailed to one of my business accounts today. Can't see any mention of July 15th in this email though.

'Sellers will need to verify their business information with Photo ID and Bank Statement, and provide a Bank Account". It's pretty obvious they will be doing basic checks to make sure the ID is genuine. So I doubt creativity will help save our stealth accounts. There are plenty of services ebay can use to verify the ID sellers send in so this could well be the end of stealth as we know it.

Ebay's greed will backfire on them, sure they will grab the payment fees that would have gone to paypal, but the loss of thousands of stealth accounts will decimate ebay's profits as sellers are forced leave the site.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-20-2020

Longevity: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Brown View Post
It sounds as if business sellers who have already completed registration will be activated onto managed payments in July 2020 - according to ebay message they emailed to one of my business accounts today. Can't see any mention of July 15th in this email though.

'Sellers will need to verify their business information with Photo ID and Bank Statement, and provide a Bank Account". It's pretty obvious they will be doing basic checks to make sure the ID is genuine. So I doubt creativity will help save our stealth accounts. There are plenty of services ebay can use to verify the ID sellers send in so this could well be the end of stealth as we know it.

Ebay's greed will backfire on them, sure they will grab the payment fees that would have gone to paypal, but the loss of thousands of stealth accounts will decimate ebay's profits as sellers are forced leave the site.
I think its essentially any business seller who has had the little managed payments tab turn up on their seller hub. I havent seen any dates on the UK ones, and I've emailed eBay multiple times about it, which they reply with clueless rubbish that has no relevance (hey hey typical eBay!)

They are going to lose dollar, most definitely. But what they will be gaining with MP, it will always be more in their favour.
Old 05-21-2020

Longevity: 57%

Is it possible to set business accounts to private seller ? If so then delay the process for as long as possible
Old 05-21-2020

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetrig View Post
Is it possible to set business accounts to private seller ? If so then delay the process for as long as possible

That's what I was thinking too. Obviously selling limits would be much lower on a personal account.

But can one actually downgrade from business seller to private seller?

Does anyone know if that is doable?

Thanks!
Old 05-21-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardgrafter View Post
That's what I was thinking too. Obviously selling limits would be much lower on a personal account.

Thanks!
No its not possible.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pathos For This Useful Post:
Hardgrafter (05-22-2020)
Old 05-22-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

Has anyone tried to sell adult toys? Maybe that will delay.
Old 05-22-2020

Activity: 15%
Longevity: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardgrafter View Post

Thanks!
If you go business you can't revert the account back to personal. Ebay simply expect you to make another account with the same details.
The Following User Says Thank You to james_112233 For This Useful Post:
Hardgrafter (05-22-2020)
Old 05-23-2020
Threadstarter  

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Brown View Post

How do you know if they will ask photo id and other details , i have already enrolled for one of my account and they did not ask anything just the normal details , bank details and bank address and that was it now it says on the dashboard that “ you have been succesfully enroled and we would let you know one we have actuvated your account and that you are ready now “

Did they ask you about the Id and bank statement ?
Old 05-23-2020

Longevity: 23%

So did you just put in your stealth bank details and stealth address and all was fine?
Old 05-23-2020

Longevity: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqas734 View Post
How do you know if they will ask photo id and other details , i have already enrolled for one of my account and they did not ask anything just the normal details , bank details and bank address and that was it now it says on the dashboard that “ you have been succesfully enroled and we would let you know one we have actuvated your account and that you are ready now “

They sent me a reminder on one of my newer accounts and it says you still haven't enrolled ..Its easy to do all you need is to confirm your business ,a bank statement,, and photo id
Old 05-23-2020
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 24%
Longevity: 54%

Also registered one old account and they said its registered and they will notify in July dont know if they ask if or other documents but seems quite easy to pass these days
Old 05-23-2020
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 18%
Longevity: 40%

I don’t think it’s as easy as that I suspect they will be verifying the name with bank as this can now easily be done, I’ve also registered on one account I expect there going to ask for more information come July if the name doesn’t match.
Old 05-23-2020
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 24%
Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13obby View Post
I don’t think it’s as easy as that I suspect they will be verifying the name with bank as this can now easily be done, I’ve also registered on one account I expect there going to ask for more information come July if the name doesn’t match.
Did they approved yours?
Old 05-23-2020
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 18%
Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2free View Post
Did they approved yours?
It was only accepted I think I’ll find out in July if it’s approved.
Old 05-24-2020

I've done the same on one and used all Stealth details. Learning curve..the account was dead anyway, I think it just got in the MP mix before PayPal canned it.
Old 05-24-2020

Longevity: 24%

Did it get flagged in the end by MP?
Old 06-01-2020

Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqas734 View Post

Sorry for delayed reply to your question. The ebay email I received regarding pre-registering on the managed payments said sellers would be required to verify business information with Photo Id, Bank Statement and bank account details.

Just because they may not request a full raft of ID when you apply, be in no doubt they will probably ask for it later. I suspect they are legally obligated to request full ID from sellers now as they are going to be managing customers money. All part of anti money laundering laws I imagine.

I haven't attempted pre-registering as taking a break from ebay during the covid fiasco.
Old 06-25-2020

Longevity: 48%

Any update on this

Managed to change name on the eBay account but If I give my photo I’d it may create a link
Old 06-28-2020

Longevity: 39%

Did any of you get approved in the end then or any update
Old 06-28-2020

Longevity: 22%

it's very much depends when your old account was banned .It it's more than 5-7 years ago I doubt it will get linked

UOTE=Sanreeko;1091628]13obby how did you get on? So has anyone actually gone through the whole process? If the name on the bank account Has to be the same, then the only chance I have is to change the name on my account as I refuse to make an actual bank account in a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name. However if I just change the name on my eBay to mine and attach a legit bank account 1. Addresses will be different 2. Surely they'll match the address to old banned account?[/QUOTE]
Old 06-28-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilianpinpin View Post
it's very much depends when your old account was banned .It it's more than 5-7 years ago I doubt it will get linked
Consider that all info is kept forever on PP so link could be caused
Old 06-28-2020

Longevity: 64%

I cant see how this would be that different from the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ PayPal account.

Each stealth PayPal account has its own real bank account with a mismatched name. They deposit money into that to verify it as well as your withdrawals. They set up a direct debit on it. However if they try and submit a direct debit the bank rejects it because the name doesn't match. So always make sure your PayPal balance has enough funds to cover your eBay fees.

How will the MP be any different? If they want any docs just get some ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ones like we do for paypal. Of course they could also want to run a credit check.

The only flaw I can see here is will they deposit every transaction to your bank and then want to direct debit your fees?

Also faster payment has recently introduced name validation. Ebay could use this against us when the name doesn't match.