Managing Payments Requesting ID - Page 7 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > UK Managed Payments

UK Managed Payments Discussions related to UK eBay Managed Payments

Old 06-28-2020
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 27%
Default Re: Managing Payments Requesting ID

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
Doc talk isn’t allowed in the forum so it won’t get discussed in this section.

If you try reading a few posts without your tinted glasses and pre-assumptions though you may find a few answers to that questions

Only one question remains about MP. Where will the refunds come from. That is the only sticking point left for UK eBay MP
Lol, have you been deleting the posts that say if something will or will not work?

There has been no current answers to that question yet, however from the information provided, imo, it wont work whatsoever. So that sucks for your account sales, I can see why you want to keep the info sheilded.

The refunds have a couple of options, direct bank pull, reduction on the days 'payout' (either of these are likely) or a credit/debit/paypal etc. That will show in due course.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-28-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by brassmonkey View Post
I've registered with real name (real ID) but ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address
Did you get a Bank statement request, or a Bank Statement and ID request? the latter may come later from what I have seen.
Old 06-28-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathos View Post
There has been no current answers to that question yet, however from the information provided, imo, it wont work whatsoever. So that sucks for your account sales, I can see why you want to keep the info sheilded.
This is exactly why I don’t ever bother trying to help you

Meh. You can either start reading things without all your know it all attitude and actually learn something because there are things to be learned, or you can just continue down the road you’re going. It really doesn’t affect me a great deal either way
Old 06-28-2020

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 39%

I hope James is north - he probably is

Because If things go south then there’s trouble for majority of us
Old 06-28-2020

Quote:
Did you get a Bank statement request, or a Bank Statement and ID request? the latter may come later from what I have seen.
Your making a point

Where’s the proof that ID’s won’t work

And where’s the proof mismatched names won’t work

Kindly show us if you’ve attempted and it’s failed
The Following User Says Thank You to StealthHarry For This Useful Post:
JamesNorth101 (06-28-2020)
Old 06-28-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthHarry View Post
Your making a point

Where’s the proof that ID’s won’t work

And where’s the proof mismatched names won’t work

Kindly show us if you’ve attempted and it’s failed
You're missing the point of the comment. It's not a 'point', it's an opinion based on anecdotal evidence.

If you haven't read through all these threads, and analysed all the commentary from the various users on the subjects, then I am not going to lay it out on a plate for you. As has been said, we 'cant talk about it'.
Old 06-28-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
This is exactly why I don’t ever bother trying to help you

Meh. You can either start reading things without all your know it all attitude and actually learn something because there are things to be learned, or you can just continue down the road you’re going. It really doesn’t affect me a great deal either way
There are always things to be learned, from birth to death, however you havent actually contributed anything so far really, other than mention you like to keep it in 'secret' through PM's. The last time I paid for help from you took 3-4 weeks of a royal PITA debarcle without even an apologu, so I'm perfectly cool just chatting through the subject with everyone and pooling whatever info we have sourced.

Everyone has a right to accept, or not, whatever comments are made.

It's clear you have a personal vendetta, so I accept I have fallen to your level, and voiced my annoyances in a personally directed manner. I am happy just to leave it there at this point.

Last edited by Pathos; 06-28-2020 at 11:51 AM.
Old 06-28-2020

Quote:
You're missing the point of the comment. It's not a 'point', it's an opinion based on anecdotal evidence.

If you haven't read through all these threads, and analysed all the commentary from the various users on the subjects, then I am not going to lay it out on a plate for you. As has been said, we 'cant talk about it'.
Fair enough chap

But the anecdotal evidence I’ve read some of it also, these same guys giving this stories are the ones who enter the PayPal confirmation code wrong when adding banks or something silly like that

So I’d take there MP stories with a grain of salt also
Old 06-28-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthHarry View Post
Fair enough chap

But the anecdotal evidence I’ve read some of it also, these same guys giving this stories are the ones who enter the PayPal confirmation code wrong when adding banks or something silly like that

So I’d take there MP stories with a grain of salt also
Always take everything with a grain of salt, especially on a forum like this! But essentially, those of us with the deadline have been forced into making a call on it, so we have to analyse what info is currently available and make a play.

What JN is saying is that without knowing how refunds are processed, even if a Stealth MP manages to make it, the refund being pulled from a mismatched name on the bank could kill it.

But we dont know this info till its all up and running. eBays Trust and Safety team along with Ayden have been vague with info for reasons..
Old 06-28-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
What JN is saying is that without knowing how refunds are processed, even if a Stealth MP manages to make it, the refund being pulled from a mismatched name on the bank could kill it.
Yep that sums it up. That is the only thing that we are not sure about right now.

Even the eBay reps are not sure. Nothing new there though
Old 06-28-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
Refunds will be made from your balance and failing that your bank account or credit card. It does not specify if we have a preference choice on the latter.
Yep - the really important bit here will be what happens when the MP balance is 0. Will eBay issue the refund themselves and then take it from your next pay out or will they try to take it from the bank account right away, or can the prefer refund method be a CC (or VCC)?

Best case is eBay issue the refund and then just take it from the next disbursement. Second best is if users can have a CC or VCC as the prefered refund method and eBay takes it from that directly if there is not enough MP balance to cover it.

Worst case - they take it directly from the bank account via DD - This is the only one that presents an issue as to how easy MP stealth will be. The rest of MP at the moment is not an issue
Old 06-28-2020

Activity: 21%
Longevity: 40%

On Etsy the refund comes off my Amex ...

I presume you can choose credit card and it doesn't have to come out of your bank.
The Following User Says Thank You to james_112233 For This Useful Post:
JamesNorth101 (06-28-2020)
Old 06-28-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
The rest of MP at the moment is not an issue
Proof of fact?
Old 06-28-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
On Etsy the refund comes off my Amex ...

I presume you can choose credit card and it doesn't have to come out of your bank.
Yep and I would assume EB will use the same system. Just looking forward to knowing that for sure though when its up and running fully.
Old 06-28-2020

I'm seriously considering going kamikaze for the cause with one of my accounts. But feel like I would be an idiot to waste it at this point should it fail.

- Going to turn it from private to business account by asking ebay chat.
- I should then hopefully be asked to enrol to MP with it
- Use real name so it matches my bank account
- Phantom address
- Submit creative docs every step of the way when asked and see what happens

Worst case they tell me to jog on. Best case it works. Then I can also report back on the refund aspect.

Again ... as it stands I feel like I would be wasting the account as it has a lot of feedback on it as private accs are not being asked to enrol yet.
Old 06-28-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
I'm seriously considering going kamikaze for the cause with one of my accounts. But feel like I would be an idiot to waste it at this point should it fail.

- Going to turn it from private to business account by asking ebay chat.
- I should then hopefully be asked to enrol to MP with it
- Use real name so it matches my bank account
- Phantom address
- Submit creative docs every step of the way when asked and see what happens

Worst case they tell me to jog on. Best case it works. Then I can also report back on the refund aspect.

Again ... as it stands I feel like I would be wasting the account as it has a lot of feedback on it as private accs are not being asked to enrol yet.
Its worth a punt, but I did do similar a couple of months back with the same intention, and even though Ive requested MP, and asked them on CHAT and the phone, its still yet to happen. Your mileage may vary though.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pathos For This Useful Post:
james_112233 (06-29-2020)
Old 06-28-2020

In my opinion, it’ll probably be a pot like PayPal to get refund or option of card possibly bank

But eBay would need to pay a processing fee for refunding the transaction from bank

I don’t think the refund side will be much of issue - well that’s just my opinion will have to wait and see 15th July

If everyday savers will work then it wouldn’t be much of a issue - just the docs then and if they flop the whole account will go down
The Following User Says Thank You to StealthHarry For This Useful Post:
JamesNorth101 (06-29-2020)
Old 06-29-2020

Quote:
Refunds will be made from your balance and failing that your bank account or credit card. It does not specify if we have a preference choice on the latter.
I was agreeing with your speculation then lol

It feels sometimes your just after a argument mate
Old 06-29-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Don't confuse argument with discussion, or clarification, or even correction, particularly when one party has applied and been approved for MP and duly starting 'late July' so has had all the details presented to them and the other party is making wild guesses.

The mechanics of MP is nothing to worry about, for anyone who passes it and is such a poor seller that they expect multiple refunds then there is the option of weekly disbursements which would alleviate the problem to an extent or even better, simply get your $hit together.

Lets be honest, anyone who is accepted for MP on their stealth account and then proceeds to mess it up ain't going to get much sympathy.

Times they are a changin' and folk better get with the programme.
Didn't you chose to go to the 'legit' conversation route with that, so you don't have 'all' the info, as it seems there are different requests from MP depending depending which way you go.

I agree though, we will see big changes, as we have already, with all E-Commerce and paymnts processing, banks etc...I can see the HMRC also getting involved in the next couple of years with the likes of Amazon and eBay so they can send out letters to all the folk not declaring their earnings.
Old 06-29-2020

Quote:
Didn't you chose to go to the 'legit' conversation route with that, so you don't have 'all' the info, as it seems there are different requests from MP depending depending which way you go.

I agree though, we will see big changes, as we have already, with all E-Commerce and paymnts processing, banks etc...I can see the HMRC also getting involved in the next couple of years with the likes of Amazon and eBay so they can send out letters to all the folk not declaring their earnings.
I agree. Which is why this new managed payment system will easily integrate in to all the popular accounting packages on the market. They specifically made that point to sellers.
Old 06-29-2020

All true and good, but for me personally it’s long overdue now I need to invest elsewhere - in this volatile day and age you cannot have a single income from eBay alone

Best of luck to all, and it’s truly pandemics like this MP scenario that brings us together and gets the best out of us

Hope this works out for all of us
Old 06-29-2020

Longevity: 50%

I sell very low value items but in bulk. My average selling price is £2.2 and I am making around 20p per order. I am on micropayment plan with paypal. Under MP ebay is not offering alternative of micropayment plan and therefore my payment handling cost per order will rise up by at least 20p per order. Thats end of my business for sure.

Sellers selling items around £50+ are ultimate beneficiary of MP because previously they were paying around 30p plus 2-3% paypal handling charge (depending upon their volume) and now under new MP they are paying just 30p. High volume sellers doing turnover of 200k will be saving 2% as compared to paypal.

MP is a killer for stealthers and people like me selling low value items. And a welcome thing for legal sellers.

I have a question: WILL EBAY CHARGE VAT ON 30P? If they do then its 36p effectively.

Last edited by casper555; 06-29-2020 at 01:58 PM.