What approach have you guys taken with MP? - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > UK Managed Payments

UK Managed Payments Discussions related to UK eBay Managed Payments

Old 07-02-2020

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 39%
Default Re: What approach have you guys taken with MP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
The first, and possibly only, correct fact you've offered up to this forum.
Haha

https://youtu.be/Vao5rn7OHPo

Everyone comes on Aspkin forums in peace - you're like this h*ndjob demon

You can’t help yourself can you mate

And in all honesty, your only advantage is the anonymity of the Internet, in real life I bet you open / close doors and give it the yes sir no sir
The Following User Says Thank You to StealthHarry For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (07-02-2020)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-02-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthHarry View Post
Haha

https://youtu.be/Vao5rn7OHPo

Everyone comes on Aspkin forums in peace - you're like this h*ndjob demon

You can’t help yourself can you mate

And in all honesty, your only advantage is the anonymity of the Internet, in real life I bet you open / close doors and give it the yes sir no sir
How do I un-see what I just saw. Please. Anyone?
Old 07-02-2020

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
How do I un-see what I just saw. Please. Anyone?
James I recommend there to be a new section in this forum called “ROAST”

Because the likes of tinsoldier (h*ndjob demon) come only for such fun stuff

And just a disclaimer to anyone reading

Tinsoldier enjoys getting humiliated, it’s a weird BDSM fantasy - it helps him out in life

I’m just glad I helped tinsoldier get that buzz he so desperately seeks
The Following User Says Thank You to StealthHarry For This Useful Post:
JamesNorth101 (07-02-2020)
Old 07-02-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Longevity: 63%

Its honestly not the worst idea I have heard, but also not really sure that its what the forum is about

You guy can always write your love letters to each other in PMs
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
StealthHarry (07-02-2020)
Old 03-06-2021

Activity: 6%
Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakzilla View Post
I have, and that's why I have multiple stealth accounts confirmed for MP.
That's funny, because in another post you state: "I had the same for all the accounts which were suspended when they were due to go live with Managed Payments. All the accounts are still suspended. It must be a mistake."

https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-man...ml#post1138709

So which one is it? Did you pass or were you suspended, cause both statements can't be true...
Old 03-16-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 17%

Well I see this thread went a bit wonky, it was a very fair question by the OP that EVERYONE on this forum is/should be interested in because we ARE or WILL BE affected by this. People are scared of losing their income!
TBH I don't see why the knowledge gained so far about MP cannot be shared openly unless there are certain people set to gain from it by selling MP accounts. If this is the case then what is the point of this open forum other than a money grab for the account sellers. The other reason could be that eBay themselves are here and looking!

I'm a newish member but I think MP is probably the biggest hurdle from eBay since aspkin .com was born so would imagine that it is important that we can ALL get through this together without fighting over who has been here the longest. Please don't come at me with "spoonfeed" or "it's been covered already, go look for it yourself" because I have and cannot find the answers we all need "you have not looked hard enough" will probably be the answer lol in that case why is it buried in some dark area of the forum if EVERYONE needs to know.
No need for "who are you? I've been here longer" crap, that proves nothing more than trying to compare dxxk size.

Rodgerthedodger
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rogerdodger For This Useful Post:
JamesNorth101 (04-03-2021), james_112233 (03-17-2021), Reh11 (05-01-2021), ross88 (03-16-2021), StealthHarry (03-17-2021), Ukseller1 (04-22-2021)
Old 03-17-2021

My personal experience with MP so far.

I've been successfully running 10-15 stealth accounts since 2010, all top performers and top rated sellers so clearly not considered high risk in any way.
As they were all well established I got caught in the 1st MP wave back in July last year, remember the shock-horror of this one?!

Not knowing any better, and left with no choice, I submitted all my stealth info as usual, just like we used to do with PayPal. ID's were requested by eBay and duly uploaded by me!

End result, I had 50% success meaning half got banned with no explanation or even a courtesy email just before they were supposed to be activated for MP.

This lead to the conclusion that roughly half of the applications go through the Adyen soft credit check and this is where stealth obviously fails. And the other half slips through the cracks, I presume due to the enormous volume of accounts and the system inability to check every single one.

One would think that 50% success is a good result as you can still reshuffle your items and quickly recover your regular income.
However, from what I've read here, the general sentiment seems to be the checks have become more stringent lately compared to the first wave last year.
eBay is learning as they go, just like the rest of us...the ongoing cat & mouse game and the reason why we all scan through this forum.

This is why I felt reluctant to use stealth for MP with my remaining 4-5 accounts.
So I took a different approach, I've used all real info for identity verification (real people, address & DOB) and my own bank accounts with online verification.
Bank details are the easy part as one can easily do the online verification or if bank not on the list upload a 'creative' statement.

The hard part is the soft credit check that may (or may not) be carried out on id...
Please note, this doesn't have to be anyone related to you or living at your address.
The tricky part is that if you don't want to leave your immediate family, relatives or friends 'holding the baby' you need to come up with creative ways to obtain real people's name, address & DOB...and they never need to know. There are ways...you'll need to find them yourself, get creative!
If you've done stealth for the last however-many-years then you are obviously comfortable with name & address that isn't yours...the only difference with MP will be that they are still not yours but have to be REAL...

A few minutes after submitting the new info, if it isn't accepted (soft checks couldn't find a match)...you will get the dreaded 'Action required: update your identity information' email asking to update the details or upload id.
If you have provided your 'stealth' info you will ALWAYS receive the above email, if you then upload your 'stealth' id it may or may not pass, no guarantees...you may or may not be blocked, how's you luck?!

However, if you don't get the 'Action required: update your identity information' email then the details have been accepted and this will ONLY happen with REAL info...

Once MP is completed, Your registration address and account name will update but this is irrelevant as your post from & return addresses remain unchanged so no issues with returns from buyers.
These can be updated anytime anyway.

I will provide further updates on how my accounts are fairing when the activation date arrives!
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to resilient For This Useful Post:
16vredline (04-01-2021), 99p (03-26-2021), glacier922 (03-17-2021), JamesNorth101 (04-03-2021), james_112233 (03-17-2021), Jobags (03-17-2021), Katrina (05-25-2021), Pedroalva (03-25-2021), Reh11 (05-01-2021), rogerdodger (03-20-2021), rsot (03-17-2021), Vitamin D (04-18-2021), WestHammer (03-21-2021), zamzam (04-03-2021)
Old 03-17-2021
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by resilient View Post

I've been successfully running 10-15 stealth accounts since 2010, all top performers and top rated sellers so clearly not considered high risk in any way.
As they were all well established I got caught in the 1st MP wave back in July last year, remember the shock-horror of this one?!

Not knowing any better, and left with no choice, I submitted all my stealth info as usual, just like we used to do with PayPal. ID's were requested by eBay and duly uploaded by me!

End result, I had 50% success meaning half got banned with no explanation or even a courtesy email just before they were supposed to be activated for MP.

This lead to the conclusion that roughly half of the applications go through the Adyen soft credit check and this is where stealth obviously fails. And the other half slips through the cracks, I presume due to the enormous volume of accounts and the system inability to check every single one.

One would think that 50% success is a good result as you can still reshuffle your items and quickly recover your regular income.
However, from what I've read here, the general sentiment seems to be the checks have become more stringent lately compared to the first wave last year.
eBay is learning as they go, just like the rest of us...the ongoing cat & mouse game and the reason why we all scan through this forum.

This is why I felt reluctant to use stealth for MP with my remaining 4-5 accounts.
So I took a different approach, I've used all real info for identity verification (real people, address & DOB) and my own bank accounts with online verification.
Bank details are the easy part as one can easily do the online verification or if bank not on the list upload a 'creative' statement.

The hard part is the soft credit check that may (or may not) be carried out on id...
Please note, this doesn't have to be anyone related to you or living at your address.
The tricky part is that if you don't want to leave your immediate family, relatives or friends 'holding the baby' you need to come up with creative ways to obtain real people's name, address & DOB...and they never need to know. There are ways...you'll need to find them yourself, get creative!
If you've done stealth for the last however-many-years then you are obviously comfortable with name & address that isn't yours...the only difference with MP will be that they are still not yours but have to be REAL...

A few minutes after submitting the new info, if it isn't accepted (soft checks couldn't find a match)...you will get the dreaded 'Action required: update your identity information' email asking to update the details or upload id.
If you have provided your 'stealth' info you will ALWAYS receive the above email, if you then upload your 'stealth' id it may or may not pass, no guarantees...you may or may not be blocked, how's you luck?!

However, if you don't get the 'Action required: update your identity information' email then the details have been accepted and this will ONLY happen with REAL info...

Once MP is completed, Your registration address and account name will update but this is irrelevant as your post from & return addresses remain unchanged so no issues with returns from buyers.

I will provide further updates on how my accounts are fairing when the activation date arrives!
Good knowledgeable post without any histrionics

FWIW I concur with your conclusions

Old 03-17-2021

Activity: 21%
Longevity: 40%

Quote:

Thank you for sharing your experience.
Old 03-20-2021

Further to my last post, a quick update on my MP experiences for those who may be considering their options...

I now have 3 accounts pending activation on 29 Mar so I'll provide an update here shortly...
In every case, when I have entered real info of actual person (name, address & DOB) I have not been asked to upload ID.
Read somewhere that address doesn't need to match but am not convinced as noone knows how deep the 'rabbit hole goes', how hard the credit checks are.
IMO...the more it matches the better.

In December and on 20 Jan I had 2 accounts successfully activated for MP, with real people's info (again no ID was requested) and 'creative' bank statement (to match the ID info) uploaded. So far no issues and they both have been running smoothly for over 2 months now.

My last remaining account I decided to 'throw to the dogs' and did all stealth with 'creative' mint ID upload.
It was due for activation on 23 March but just got banned.

In July last year, I did 10 accounts, all 100% stealth and half got banned.
As of today, the 'survivors' are still working with MP despite being pure stealth.
I consider myself lucky as currently 100% of stealth is being banned it seems!

Obviously, I've had a few accounts to experiment with, so I have tried different things as you can see.
I can see how people with fewer precious accounts and ever-decreasing options may feel like a deer caught in the headlights and nervous to make their next move...hence I'm sharing the facts around my accounts.

I BELIEVE 'STEALTH' IS DEAD WITH MP!

BOTTOM LINE, ALL INFO NEEDS TO BE REAL AND MATCHING ACTUAL CREDIT RECORDS FOR MP TO WORK...IMO. MP IS KILLING ALL 'STEALTH'

DISCLAIMER
I've just given my MP experience as closely as possible, hopefully someone can take something from it..
Don't take anything I've said for face value please, everyone's situation is unique.

And now to lighten the mood...

A Letter to PayPal:

"Dear PayPal,

I apologise for all the ungrateful things I have said, done and written about you in the past.
I have called you greedy, inconsiderate, money-grabbing, etc...
I used to think you were eBay's whore, now I realise it was a love affair unmatched!

I take it all back, please come back and kick Adyen's arse into oblivion and take over eBay payments again!
Can't you see, You two belong together...please please please...

You accepted all my 'stealths', you were instrumental in running all my eBay accounts for over 10 years, you helped me buy my 1st house and earn my first serious dough...

I promise to be a good boy and never-ever again use you and abuse you like I've done in the past...

Yours faithfully,
a grateful 'stealth' customer!"

Last edited by resilient; 03-20-2021 at 09:18 AM.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to resilient For This Useful Post:
16vredline (04-01-2021), green.matt (04-01-2021), Katrina (05-25-2021), Pedroalva (03-25-2021), Reh11 (05-01-2021), rogerdodger (03-20-2021), Sausage (03-20-2021), StealthHarry (03-29-2021), sugarlaces (03-20-2021), WestHammer (03-21-2021), zamzam (04-03-2021)
Old 03-20-2021

Activity: 21%
Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Further to my last post, a quick update on my MP experiences for those who may be considering their options...

I now have 3 accounts pending activation on 29 Mar so I'll provide an update here shortly...
In every case, when I have entered real info of actual person (name, address & DOB) I have not been asked to upload ID.

In December and on 20 Jan I had 2 accounts successfully activated for MP, with real people's info (again no ID was requested) and 'creative' bank statement (to match the ID info) uploaded. So far no issues and they both have been running smoothly for over 2 months now.

My last remaining account I decided to 'throw to the dogs' and did all stealth with 'creative' mint ID upload.

As of today, the 'survivors' are still working with MP despite being pure stealth.
Obviously, I've had a few accounts to experiment with so I have tried different things as you can see.

BOTTOM LINE, ALL INFO NEEDS TO BE REAL AND MATCHING ACTUAL CREDIT RECORDS FOR MP TO WORK...IMO. MP IS KILLING ALL 'STEALTH'

DISCLAIMER
I've just given my MP experience as closely as possible, hopefully someone can take something from it..
Don't take anything I say for granted please, everyone's situation is unique.

A Letter to PayPal:

"Dear PayPal,

I apologise for all the ungrateful things I have said, done and written about you in the past.
I used to think you were eBay's whore, now I realise it was a love affair unmatched!

I take it all back, please come back and kick Adyen's arse into oblivion and take over eBay payments again! You belong together...please please please...

You accepted all my 'stealths', you helped me run all my eBay accounts for over 10 years, you helped me buy my 1st house and earn my first serious dough...

I promise to be a good boy and never-ever again use you and abuse you like I've done in the past...

Faithfuly yours,
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Aren't you worried about withdrawing to your bank account with the stealth name ? surely the bank can freeze the account.
Old 03-20-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Aren't you worried about withdrawing to your bank account with the stealth name ? surely the bank can freeze the account.
Weren't we all withdrawing to our bank accounts with stealth names from PayPal for the last gazillion years?
The Following User Says Thank You to resilient For This Useful Post:
WestHammer (03-21-2021)
Old 03-25-2021

Something else I noticed with my last few accounts put through MP that wasn't there before.

eBay will now ask if you will only be listing on the UK & European sites OR on ALL worldwide sites.
Select the 1st option, otherwise you will be asked for a driving license number that will be checked against the database...
I believe this has something to do with Adyen regulations for tax purposes...happy to stand corrected.

If you manage to go through MP verification (and you DON'T have a REAL id matching your REAL info), please make sure to NOT list on eBay.com, only on eBay UK (you can still sell internationally through eBay UK)
Otherwise they will block your account until you provide a driving license number which of course you may not have...

Just food for thought...

Last edited by resilient; 03-25-2021 at 12:44 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to resilient For This Useful Post:
green.matt (04-01-2021), james_112233 (04-01-2021), Katrina (05-25-2021), Pedroalva (03-26-2021), WestHammer (03-28-2021), zamzam (04-03-2021)
Old 03-26-2021

Longevity: 30%

Quote:
A Letter to PayPal:

"Dear PayPal,

I take it all back, please come back and kick Adyen's arse into oblivion and take over eBay payments again!

You accepted all my 'stealths', you were instrumental in running all my eBay accounts for over 10 years, you helped me buy my 1st house and earn my first serious dough...

Yours faithfully,

To be printed out and put in a frame

Last edited by Pedroalva; 03-26-2021 at 07:50 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pedroalva For This Useful Post:
StealthHarry (03-29-2021), zamzam (04-03-2021)
Old 03-26-2021

Longevity: 52%

This is just KYC which any financial organisation has to adhere to .

Quote:
Something else I noticed with my last few accounts put through MP that wasn't there before.

eBay will now ask if you will only be listing on the UK & European sites OR on ALL worldwide sites.
Select the 1st option, otherwise you will be asked for a driving license number that will be checked against the database...
I believe this has something to do with Adyen regulations for tax purposes...happy to stand corrected.

If you manage to go through MP verification (and you DON'T have a REAL id matching your REAL info), please make sure to NOT list on eBay.com, only on eBay UK (you can still sell internationally through eBay UK)
Otherwise they will block your account until you provide a driving license number which of course you may not have...

Just food for thought...
Old 04-01-2021

Accounts successfully activated on 29 Mar and have had their first payouts come through with no issues...2 more pending MP activation on 5 Apr.
All with REAL info, I haven't been able to pass any stealth ID since July last year...

IMO...STEALTH NO LONGER PASSES MP CHECKS...

Luckily eBay has given us one last chance to update personal info when applying for MP, don't miss this opportunity!
Once submitted with 'Stealth' info, you're past the point of no return and your account is as good as dead...
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to resilient For This Useful Post:
e2free (04-01-2021), james_112233 (04-01-2021), Jobags (04-01-2021), Katrina (05-25-2021), Sausage (04-01-2021), WestHammer (04-01-2021)
Old 04-01-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 23%
Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Accounts successfully activated on 29 Mar and have had their first payouts come through with no issues...2 more pending MP activation on 5 Apr.
All with REAL info, I haven't been able to pass any stealth ID since July last year...

IMO...STEALTH NO LONGER PASSES MP CHECKS...

Luckily eBay has given us one last chance to update personal info when applying for MP, don't miss this opportunity!
Once submitted with 'Stealth' info, you're past the point of no return and your account is as good as dead...
Thanks for sharing, I recently tested on uk account given them same detail as on account with international nationality and they only asked to upload bank statement and after 2 days they given the date for activation for 12th April I am sure the soft search came back -ve and they not even asked for ID, let's see but this account is quite old and solid account let wait and see
The Following User Says Thank You to e2free For This Useful Post:
glacier922 (04-09-2021)
Old 04-02-2021

Quote:

Read somewhere that address doesn't need to match but am not convinced as noone knows how deep the 'rabbit hole goes', how hard the credit checks are.
IMO...the more it matches the better.

Obviously, I've had a few accounts to experiment with, so I have tried different things as you can see.
I can see how people with fewer precious accounts and ever-decreasing options may feel like a deer caught in the headlights and nervous to make their next move...hence I'm sharing the facts around my accounts.

DISCLAIMER
Don't take anything I've said for face value please, everyone's situation is unique.

A Letter to PayPal:

"Dear PayPal,

Yours faithfully,

Thank you very much my friend for sharing.

So from what I see, you are correct. Stealth is effectively dead.. ish.

The only way to do it now is to create an account using a person's real accurate details, so that adyen can pass the soft credit check.

My question to you is, who's real details are you using for your new accounts now? And did they give consent? Would you say that using other people identities could potentially land them in Trouble, if for example you did something bad. So say if you sold f@xx goods, and the rights owner wants to sue, or if you are selling loads under there name, could they get done for tax evasion?
(Yes I know it's not good to sell F@ goods, just speculation)
Old 04-02-2021

I am just wondering, as before having to do this, you could just make stealth accounts in an Identity of a person that doesn't exist. So going back to the lawsuit for copyright issue example I gave, it's pretty hard for a company to sue you if they don't have your real name/address lol (except for court order subpoena on bank account perhaps?)

Or the tax evasion thing, pretty hard to track for someone that doesn't exist lol

Whereas now, from what you have said and what we have learnt, stealth accounts have to match a real person.

PS: Even if you could still create a stealth account under a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name using adyen, it's worth noting that adyen is a bank, so if you sent in f@xx docs to verify identify, that could land you in prison pretty sure! No way would do that
Old 04-03-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazman View Post
Thank you very much my friend for sharing.

So from what I see, you are correct. Stealth is effectively dead.. ish.

The only way to do it now is to create an account using a person's real accurate details, so that adyen can pass the soft credit check.

My question to you is, who's real details are you using for your new accounts now? And did they give consent? Would you say that using other people identities could potentially land them in Trouble, if for example you did something bad. So say if you sold f@xx goods, and the rights owner wants to sue, or if you are selling loads under there name, could they get done for tax evasion?
(Yes I know it's not good to sell F@ goods, just speculation)
You speak wisdom friend!
In an ideal world you will have the support of your ID donor, you won't be selling dodgy stuff, and you'll be paying all applicable income tax...
I'd like to see the stats of how many people on here adhere to the above...
The Following User Says Thank You to resilient For This Useful Post:
Bazman (04-03-2021)
Old 04-03-2021

Quote:
You speak wisdom friend!
In an ideal world you will have the support of your ID donor, you won't be selling dodgy stuff, and you'll be paying all applicable income tax...
I'd like to see the stats of how many people on here adhere to the above...
Haha! That would be interesting
Old 04-03-2021

Anyone else please feel free to comment on this topic that was just touched on. Be interesting to see