Managed Payments Problem! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > UK Managed Payments

UK Managed Payments Discussions related to UK eBay Managed Payments

Old 05-19-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 25%
Default Managed Payments Problem!

Ok so I managed to get onto Managed Payments about 2 months ago using half stealth details (Real name, phake addy, phake DOB). When I was asked to register for MP I simply entered my details along with a Monese bank account with matching name and was somehow accepted and placed onto the Managed Payments system. I have received payments every day for almost 2 months with no issues.

Today I have logged in to find my payments are suspended and they are asking for details. Can they actually check that the ID is real? Or do you think I can submit it and get away with it because the name on the bank is matching?
Or any other way I can get around this? Everything was going smoothly, no negatives and daily sales of legitimate products (I literally own the copyright to them, registered in the same name as the Ebay Acc)

Any help would be advised, as I don't know what to do apart from maybe contacting an account seller and trying to find an account for a country that doesn't have MP. I never thought I'd say this but I miss Paypal
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-19-2021

Longevity: 52%
Default Re: Managed Payments Problem!

Did you submit any form of Id, Passport or Driving licence?

Have you had a return/refund that caused ebay to dip into that bank account, maybe that is when it got flagged and hence the delay
Old 05-19-2021
Threadstarter  

No, I wasn't asked to when I registered. I haven't had any returns or refunds recently. I did refund an item a few weeks ago but it went smoothly. The bank account name matches the Ebay name so it shouldn't flag up should it?
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainComedown For This Useful Post:
Aguero (05-19-2021)
Old 05-19-2021

Longevity: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainComedown View Post
The bank account name matches the Ebay name so it shouldn't flag up should it?
Thank you.

It shouldn't be an issue.

Ebay account suspended, do you have an option to add different bank account ?
Old 05-19-2021

Activity: 80%
Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Ok so I managed to get onto Managed Payments about 2 months ago using half stealth details (Real name, phake addy, phake DOB). When I was asked to register for MP I simply entered my details along with a Monese bank account with matching name and was somehow accepted and placed onto the Managed Payments system. I have received payments every day for almost 2 months with no issues.

Today I have logged in to find my payments are suspended and they are asking for details. Can they actually check that the ID is real? Or do you think I can submit it and get away with it because the name on the bank is matching?
Or any other way I can get around this? Everything was going smoothly, no negatives and daily sales of legitimate products (I literally own the copyright to them, registered in the same name as the Ebay Acc)

Any help would be advised, as I don't know what to do apart from maybe contacting an account seller and trying to find an account for a country that doesn't have MP. I never thought I'd say this but I miss Paypal
is this a personal or a business ebay account?
Old 05-19-2021
Threadstarter  

I don't need to add a different bank account, it is asking me to confirm my name, address and date of birth, or send in a photo ID
Old 05-19-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
is this a personal or a business ebay account?
It is a business ebay account
Old 05-19-2021

Quote:
It is a business ebay account
do I understand correctly that you switched to MP with an ebay UK business account , provided bank statement or logged in through Trustly during the process and they let you in without asking for any more details?
Old 05-19-2021

my guess is that you did not provide a bank statement but logged in through trustly during MP registration?
Old 05-19-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 17%
Longevity: 40%

Quote:
my guess is that you did not provide a bank statement but logged in through trustly during MP registration?
If you authenticate via Trustly then a bank statement or I'd is not required as they can verify all the information via trustly
Old 05-19-2021
Threadstarter  

I didn't log into the bank through trustly. I was actually just trying to get my account to last a few more weeks, I was very surprised when it passed for MP.

I literally just had to confirm the name and address on my ebay account, and then type in an account number and sort code. I wasn't asked to verify anything during the enrollment and I haven't sent them any kind of document yet. I was almost shocked when I logged in to find it had been accepted, and even more shocked when the payouts went smoothly! I was hoping to keep this account permanently
Old 05-19-2021

Quote:
I didn't log into the bank through trustly. I was actually just trying to get my account to last a few more weeks, I was very surprised when it passed for MP.

I literally just had to confirm the name and address on my ebay account, and then type in an account number and sort code. I wasn't asked to verify anything during the enrollment and I haven't sent them any kind of document yet. I was almost shocked when I logged in to find it had been accepted, and even more shocked when the payouts went smoothly! I was hoping to keep this account permanently
are you sure it is a business account? if this is really a business account there is no way you could add bank details without either confirming through trustly or sending a bank statement
Old 05-19-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13obby View Post
If you authenticate via Trustly then a bank statement or I'd is not required as they can verify all the information via trustly
I believe trustly only verifies the bank details and name on ebay , not the rest of personal details. basically I believe it is providing to ebay only information that would be visible on a bank statement and no more
Old 05-19-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
are you sure it is a business account? if this is really a business account there is no way you could add bank details without either confirming through trustly or sending a bank statement
Really? I must have been lucky then, it is definitely a business account. I was expecting to be asked for documents but I thought maybe because the name matched the bank account then maybe it was ok.

I tried to get previous accounts onto MP with no luck. Usually I just confirm the details and apply to MP so that I can get another few weeks of selling before I have to abandon the account. Usually after a few weeks they ask me for documents but for this account they just accepted it for some reason. Although it is a problem now!
Old 05-19-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I believe trustly only verifies the bank details and name on ebay , not the rest of personal details. basically I believe it is providing to ebay only information that would be visible on a bank statement and no more
Is it better to log in via Trustly in future? Providing the names match? Or will the address also need to be matching?
Old 05-19-2021

Quote:
Really? I must have been lucky then, it is definitely a business account. I was expecting to be asked for documents but I thought maybe because the name matched the bank account then maybe it was ok.

I tried to get previous accounts onto MP with no luck. Usually I just confirm the details and apply to MP so that I can get another few weeks of selling before I have to abandon the account. Usually after a few weeks they ask me for documents but for this account they just accepted it for some reason. Although it is a problem now!
anyway , in my experience if you log in through trustly they will automatically accept you into MP regardless of whether the personal details are stealth. however , the check will still take place later on so that you will still have the same issue but delayed
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to murdered_by_ebay For This Useful Post:
CaptainComedown (05-19-2021), rafoman (05-20-2021)
Old 05-19-2021

Quote:
Is it better to log in via Trustly in future? Providing the names match? Or will the address also need to be matching?
I had a similar issue at the start of MP when I though that stealth MP was actually possible. So I put in stealth details and later on was asked for ID.

eventually I figured out that stealth does not work anymore so I changed the details to my real ones and sent my real id which passed the verification.

in your case I think the only option you have left , apart from losing the account , is to change the details to real details and send the matching ID
The Following User Says Thank You to murdered_by_ebay For This Useful Post:
RipeBanana (05-24-2021)
Old 05-19-2021

Quote:

and with the other accounts you put in stealth details , they told they could not verify the details asking you to send in ID and you abandoned the account after this request?
Old 05-19-2021

Longevity: 51%

What about if your Ebay account got linked to your Paypal with your old stealth details on it? ��
Old 05-19-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
and with the other accounts you put in stealth details , they told they could not verify the details asking you to send in ID and you abandoned the account after this request?
Yeah because with the other ones I was just playing along to get some more time to sell before they restricted me.
Old 05-19-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I had a similar issue at the start of MP when I though that stealth MP was actually possible. So I put in stealth details and later on was asked for ID.

eventually I figured out that stealth does not work anymore so I changed the details to my real ones and sent my real id which passed the verification.

in your case I think the only option you have left , apart from losing the account , is to change the details to real details and send the matching ID
Hmm I'm not sure what to do. I have recently moved house so I have a "clean" address now. I don't know whether to switch everything over to my real details and hope they accept it, or if I should try and make a brand new completely legitimate Ebay account and just start fresh with no stealth.

I'm worried in case I put my real details and they reject it, and then I won't be able to make a legit account afterwards.

What do you think the best play is? I'd be interested to know your opinion, and you seem to have more experience with MP than I do!
Old 05-19-2021

Longevity: 51%

I think it would be best to make a fresh legit account if I were you

And here on this one, just confirm your stealth name, dob, address and see what happens