uk mp question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > UK Managed Payments

UK Managed Payments Discussions related to UK eBay Managed Payments

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-24-2021
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 195
Thanks: 30
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
iTrader: (0)
Default uk mp question

so if you use real details but an address that is not on your credit file and you fail the checks.

I am I right in thinking in the uk they only ask for passport?

and not bank statments?
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 08-24-2021
delboy's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 111
Thanks: 33
Thanked 18 Times in 14 Posts
Activity: 13%
Longevity: 86%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: uk mp question

They can ask for both
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-24-2021
13obby's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 607
Thanks: 37
Thanked 153 Times in 129 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 35%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: uk mp question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonedaddy101 View Post
so if you use real details but an address that is not on your credit file and you fail the checks.

I am I right in thinking in the uk they only ask for passport?

and not bank statments?
Yep they ask for both mate
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-24-2021
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 195
Thanks: 30
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: uk mp question

thanks for the quick response but just to confirm if i use the trusty or whatever its called to log in to my bank and verify details.

wouldn't they then only ask for passport?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-24-2021
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 195
Thanks: 30
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: uk mp question

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureness View Post
ebay and the bank details matched?
yes matching apart from adress but im thinking can log in to bank change for a few days and then change back
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-24-2021
13obby's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 607
Thanks: 37
Thanked 153 Times in 129 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 35%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: uk mp question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonedaddy101 View Post
thanks for the quick response but just to confirm if i use the trusty or whatever its called to log in to my bank and verify details.

wouldn't they then only ask for passport?
Either way eBay do compliance checks and the bank name and address does not match exactly your payouts will be put on hold until they match, there’s no way around it everything has to match exactly.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 13obby For This Useful Post:
bonedaddy101 (08-24-2021)
  #7  
Old 08-24-2021
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 195
Thanks: 30
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: uk mp question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13obby View Post
Either way eBay do compliance checks and the bank name and address does not match exactly your payouts will be put on hold until they match, there’s no way around it everything has to match exactly.
Okay So if I change the adress to a old adress that is on my credit file would that work to avoid the check in the first place?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-24-2021
13obby's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 607
Thanks: 37
Thanked 153 Times in 129 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 35%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: uk mp question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonedaddy101 View Post
Okay So if I change the adress to a old adress that is on my credit file would that work to avoid the check in the first place?
As long as you have documents to prove that address with the same eBay account name.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 13obby For This Useful Post:
bonedaddy101 (08-24-2021)
  #9  
Old 08-24-2021
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 195
Thanks: 30
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: uk mp question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13obby View Post
As long as you have documents to prove that address with the same eBay account name.
Yes I could change address details to make documents.

I have an account with my actual address details and real details

If I give an old address that will be on credit file

will they be able to link the 2 account by seeing old and new address on same credit fileor am i right in thinking they dont have the facility to do that and both will get accepted?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-24-2021
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 195
Thanks: 30
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: uk mp question

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureness View Post
NO, those are two different things already.
They will not do both at the same time. There's someone who will just verify the docs and let it pass. And there's someone who will find a way to link your accounts.
On the account with my real details ( the name had one letter different)

I simply verified details by logging into bank and they did not request documents ( I was assuming this was because this address was on credit file)

so my logic was if I used an old a adress that was on the credit file the same would happen and it would get accepted with out requesting documents just like the first.

if you see what I mean?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-24-2021
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,559
Thanks: 0
Thanked 340 Times in 265 Posts
Activity: 60%
Longevity: 41%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: uk mp question

just add your actual details held with your bank

all these manipulations with names having wrong letters , stealth addresses etc. just lead to problems , could be that some people are accepted with this but in general you run risk being flagged

and such flagging is vicious because you send in your ID and it is accepted. Later on it turns out it was not accepted and you will be suspended. This has already happened with many people here who were bragging about having passed with stealth accounts and later on they got suspended , this is because ebay won't tell you whether your ID was actually accepted
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to murdered_by_ebay For This Useful Post:
bonedaddy101 (08-24-2021)
  #12  
Old 08-24-2021
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 195
Thanks: 30
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: uk mp question

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
just add your actual details held with your bank

all these manipulations with names having wrong letters , stealth addresses etc. just lead to problems , could be that some people are accepted with this but in general you run risk being flagged

and such flagging is vicious because you send in your ID and it is accepted. Later on it turns out it was not accepted and you will be suspended. This has already happened with many people here who were bragging about having passed with stealth accounts and later on they got suspended , this is because ebay won't tell you whether your ID was actually accepted
I have an account with my actual details used with the bank so I dont want to use the same adress again and link these 2 accounts if that makes sense

but I have access to 2 address
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-24-2021
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,559
Thanks: 0
Thanked 340 Times in 265 Posts
Activity: 60%
Longevity: 41%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: uk mp question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonedaddy101 View Post
I have an account with my actual details used with the bank so I dont want to use the same adress again and link these 2 accounts if that makes sense

but I have access to 2 address
you will link it by full name and DOB anyway so if they want to find you address is not needed
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-24-2021
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 195
Thanks: 30
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: uk mp question

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
you will link it by full name and DOB anyway so if they want to find you address is not needed
but if that was the case would they not already be linked?

or is signing up to mp is where they can trace?

please note these accounts are both aredy registered up and running theses are not new accounts
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-24-2021
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,559
Thanks: 0
Thanked 340 Times in 265 Posts
Activity: 60%
Longevity: 41%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: uk mp question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonedaddy101 View Post
but if that was the case would they not already be linked?

or is signing up to mp is where they can trace?

please note these accounts are both aredy registered up and running theses are not new accounts
linked or not is not that important as you are allowed to have several accounts in your name
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to murdered_by_ebay For This Useful Post:
bonedaddy101 (08-24-2021)
  #16  
Old 08-24-2021
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 195
Thanks: 30
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: uk mp question

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
linked or not is not that important as you are allowed to have several accounts in your name
once again thanks for your quick reply it is much appricated

yes the trouble is the account I sent my real id to was restricted they unrestricted it but limted the amount of items I could sell and one of the condition was not to make any more accounts while I have 2 months to improve i can also not request higher limits till the 2 months are up.

but I am hoping this would not flag as started both accounts alredy created and if they did link in future it would not matter as I would of corrected orginal account and have it back to normal by then.

any thoughts on that?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-24-2021
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,559
Thanks: 0
Thanked 340 Times in 265 Posts
Activity: 60%
Longevity: 41%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: uk mp question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonedaddy101 View Post
once again thanks for your quick reply it is much appricated

yes the trouble is the account I sent my real id to was restricted they unrestricted it but limted the amount of items I could sell and one of the condition was not to make any more accounts while I have 2 months to improve i can also not request higher limits till the 2 months are up.

but I am hoping this would not flag as started both accounts alredy created and if they did link in future it would not matter as I would of corrected orginal account and have it back to normal by then.

any thoughts on that?
you can just wait , I would not put false info on ebay , this can easily get you suspended
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to murdered_by_ebay For This Useful Post:
bonedaddy101 (08-24-2021)
  #18  
Old 08-24-2021
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 195
Thanks: 30
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: uk mp question

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
you can just wait , I would not put false info on ebay , this can easily get you suspended
I was thinking that only think was they asked for improvement but i guess even if it was no sales but everything remained okay it would still count as improvment..
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-24-2021
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,559
Thanks: 0
Thanked 340 Times in 265 Posts
Activity: 60%
Longevity: 41%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: uk mp question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonedaddy101 View Post
I was thinking that only think was they asked for improvement but i guess even if it was no sales but everything remained okay it would still count as improvment..
improve the account that was reinstated , sell some items etc.

with any new accounts just wait and use your real details

this is the safest way
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-24-2021
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 195
Thanks: 30
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: uk mp question

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
improve the account that was reinstated , sell some items etc.

with any new accounts just wait and use your real details

this is the safest way
Thats my issue.

I had an account that was restricted 6 months ago or so real details but stealth address

In the mean time i was able to make a new account with real details ( one letter change in the name) and I verified by logging into bank. Mp all accepted I even got a few increases they have not asked for any documents.

I then gave real id to restricted account to which then removed restriction but put limits in place for 2 months but that account is not registered to mp,
so I am worried if I sign up to mp this will link the other account

if you see my delimea...
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-24-2021
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,559
Thanks: 0
Thanked 340 Times in 265 Posts
Activity: 60%
Longevity: 41%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: uk mp question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonedaddy101 View Post
Thats my issue.

I had an account that was restricted 6 months ago or so real details but stealth address

In the mean time i was able to make a new account with real details ( one letter change in the name) and I verified by logging into bank. Mp all accepted I even got a few increases they have not asked for any documents.

I then gave real id to restricted account to which then removed restriction but put limits in place for 2 months but that account is not registered to mp,
so I am worried if I sign up to mp this will link the other account

if you see my delimea...
you can delay the MP signup
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-25-2021
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 299
Thanks: 92
Thanked 77 Times in 56 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 18%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: uk mp question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13obby View Post
Either way eBay do compliance checks and the bank name and address does not match exactly your payouts will be put on hold until they match, there’s no way around it everything has to match exactly.
Thats just not true at all. The bank name and address does NOT need to match the Ebay account. I have two accounts running with other people's real details combined with bank accounts in my name and address and they are running perfectly for months now with plenty of sales.
The important thing is that the bank account is real, and the details you give to Ebay are real. Don't send photoshopped docs because they don't really work any more
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question about messaging here on this forum. (Newbie Question) JLG Everything Else 2 01-09-2019 07:55 PM
Social Security # Question plus EIN Question survivorfan1985 Subscriber Discussions 8 08-06-2015 11:05 PM
New Paypal Account Question & eBay Personal Information Question ed209 UK eBay & Paypal 22 12-06-2012 02:36 PM
No question is a silly question ddda88 Multiple eBay & PayPal Accounts 3 02-19-2010 02:54 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:07 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58