We couldn't verify this bank account. Select different payment method e88183-1211439x - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > UK Managed Payments

UK Managed Payments Discussions related to UK eBay Managed Payments

Old 01-19-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 13%
Default We couldn't verify this bank account. Select different payment method e88183-1211439x

Hello guys.
Quick story... As many of you I have faced MP. Was using WISE before and been forced to change over to one of so called 'High street' Banks.
Re-opened [not being active for a while] Lloyds account- all details legit, my eBay account- 1 person / 1 account since 17 years.
Trying to link it to the payment details it keeps failing since 3 months!
Many reasons made up by eBay reps.
Starting from opened cases, through wrong personal details ended up today on story that this account is recognized by the system that was already used on eBay but in fact wasn't of course...
Few questions that I want to get answered by experienced people and not only:
1) if I make turnover in £XXXX as a private may they try to force me somehow to register as a business seller? [nothing was said straight of course]
2) If the items are being sent from 3rd country [EU], might it be the reason as drop-shipping is not welcome on eBay anymore?
3) do you think it might be common known glitch while uploading bank accounts? [all details double checked against mismatch].
BTW: they keep my £XXXX on hold since 3 months saying I need to upload new bank account. Some part has been released after 60 days to my WISE account but 1/3 it still being hold by Adyen. Account is dying due to restriction and 'power sellers' are getting sold out day by day...
Any serious ideas how to overcome that problem?
Cheers!

Last edited by 1 United Power; 01-19-2022 at 03:55 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-20-2022
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 73%
Default Re: We couldn't verify this bank account. Select different payment method e88183-1211

Has your account been suspended recently? Had this issue on a few accounts and it was determined that the suspension was not lifted properly which impacted the ability to add/change bank accounts.
Old 01-20-2022

Activity: 86%
Longevity: 46%
Default Re: We couldn't verify this bank account. Select different payment method e88183-1211

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 United Power View Post
Hello guys.
Quick story... As many of you I have faced MP. Was using WISE before and been forced to change over to one of so called 'High street' Banks.
Re-opened [not being active for a while] Lloyds account- all details legit, my eBay account- 1 person / 1 account since 17 years.
Trying to link it to the payment details it keeps failing since 3 months!
Many reasons made up by eBay reps.
Starting from opened cases, through wrong personal details ended up today on story that this account is recognized by the system that was already used on eBay but in fact wasn't of course...
Few questions that I want to get answered by experienced people and not only:
1) if I make turnover in £XXXX as a private may they try to force me somehow to register as a business seller? [nothing was said straight of course]
2) If the items are being sent from 3rd country [EU], might it be the reason as drop-shipping is not welcome on eBay anymore?
3) do you think it might be common known glitch while uploading bank accounts? [all details double checked against mismatch].
BTW: they keep my £XXXX on hold since 3 months saying I need to upload new bank account. Some part has been released after 60 days to my WISE account but 1/3 it still being hold by Adyen. Account is dying due to restriction and 'power sellers' are getting sold out day by day...
Any serious ideas how to overcome that problem?
Cheers!
ebay block bank accounts in the UK by sort codes , if your account is rejected this means the sort code is not supported and you need to get a new one
Old 01-25-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
ebay block bank accounts in the UK by sort codes , if your account is rejected this means the sort code is not supported and you need to get a new one
What might be the reason to block Lloyds sort-code? Account hasn't been used ever for any eBay activity. Of course it's more then 10 years old personal account.
It wasn't suspended before. They just triggered restriction due to MP process when I wasn't able to upload new account due to error (?)
Does it really look like you need to open as many accounts as you finally find the right one that will go through? Crazy...
I'll give it few more months until most items will be sold out an have no choice at the moment...
I could consider also to use stealth account but i doesn't seem to be any 100% long-term working option. Any suggestions guys. Any experience with the stealth accounts from the past?
Old 01-25-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsaw View Post
Has your account been suspended recently? Had this issue on a few accounts and it was determined that the suspension was not lifted properly which impacted the ability to add/change bank accounts.
Wasn't suspended. Just few items got cancelled more than a year ago due to VERO policy because I used logotype of company in some listing's thumbnails but that was all consequences then.
Was reading some threads from US and some people told that glitch just got fixed and finally been able to complete MP but who knows when it will happen if at all...
Old 01-25-2022
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Wasn't suspended. Just few items got cancelled more than a year ago due to VERO policy because I used logotype of company in some listing's thumbnails but that was all consequences then.
Was reading some threads from US and some people told that glitch just got fixed and finally been able to complete MP but who knows when it will happen if at all...
Yes there was that glitch. I take it you already tried on different devices like mobile device?

However eBay have now been restricting ability to add/change banks if restricted/suspended.

While logged in, If you go to contact page, search restricted and select 'Account holds, restrictions, and suspensions' page, you should see contact us at the bottom? Does that option appear for you when logged in?
Old 02-03-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Yes there was that glitch. I take it you already tried on different devices like mobile device?

However eBay have now been restricting ability to add/change banks if restricted/suspended.

While logged in, If you go to contact page, search restricted and select 'Account holds, restrictions, and suspensions' page, you should see contact us at the bottom? Does that option appear for you when logged in?
I tried from 3 different PC, 2 different browsers, 3 mobile phones. Entering bank account details manually and by automatic connection linking two Apps between. Always at the end of verification process was the same error number.

Account is active, but restricted. I can't change prices, upload pictures, list any new items and relist those being sold out.

Money is on hold currently for 62 days. I got last payment from Adyen about 5 weeks ago that gave me 2/3 of all amount. Since then its growing still, so £X XXX is on hold back again without deadline for payout.

I finally came to the point that it's better for me to set up my own website and spend all money that I was paying for eBay to run it independently. Not for such a scale that was until now but without wasting time for pointless customer service chats.

Last edited by 1 United Power; 02-03-2022 at 12:24 PM.
Old 02-07-2022
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I tried from 3 different PC, 2 different browsers, 3 mobile phones. Entering bank account details manually and by automatic connection linking two Apps between. Always at the end of verification process was the same error number.

Account is active, but restricted. I can't change prices, upload pictures, list any new items and relist those being sold out.

Money is on hold currently for 62 days. I got last payment from Adyen about 5 weeks ago that gave me 2/3 of all amount. Since then its growing still, so £X XXX is on hold back again without deadline for payout.

I finally came to the point that it's better for me to set up my own website and spend all money that I was paying for eBay to run it independently. Not for such a scale that was until now but without wasting time for pointless customer service chats.
As your account is restricted, it means your ability to add new bank is restricted also which is something they recently implemented!

From your original post it looks like they froze your payouts asking ID and Bank Statement? Obviously they would of not accepted your Transferwise one and after awhile restricted your account from listing items.

If replacing your current bank with an accepted provider + providing bank statement for it is what you need to resolve the restriction, you will need go to live chat and speak to someone from the verification team (Trust & Safety). They have the ability to renable your ability to add and replace bank accounts.

If you have issues getting through on live chat, you can try phoning them up.
Old 02-09-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
As your account is restricted, it means your ability to add new bank is restricted also which is something they recently implemented!

From your original post it looks like they froze your payouts asking ID and Bank Statement? Obviously they would of not accepted your Transferwise one and after awhile restricted your account from listing items.

If replacing your current bank with an accepted provider + providing bank statement for it is what you need to resolve the restriction, you will need go to live chat and speak to someone from the verification team (Trust & Safety). They have the ability to renable your ability to add and replace bank accounts.

If you have issues getting through on live chat, you can try phoning them up.
Thanks for your reply mate. I got MC011 because they said at the very early stage of restriction that this is because I didn't upload other than WISE bank account what I was going to do but account was rejected. Well established Lloyds 10YO+. Money on hold...

Few weeks after that they said that payouts are on hold because I got some opened requests that actually popped up on during MP process and now this is official reason they won't pay me out any money.
Vicious circle...

All B. Account details are 100% matching, but account is being rejected still.
Someone said I won't upload new bank account when MC011 is triggered while the others said It shouldn't be a problem...
I sent to them ID and Bank account statement more than 5 times guys.
Right after that I had irresistible feeling that they just made up another details request. Pictures of my ID whit the stuff I'm selling[!].
Going through all these email I got the feeling that it's just being sent as automatic e-mail system keep repeating over and over again same sh**.

Got some part of money 2/3 to my WISE account a month ago, but nothing more since then. Few items are hanging as opened requests while tracking on the website clearly says 'item status delivered'
Crazy... And they keep telling me to deal with all requests first!

I'll ask the other way:
Do you know someone who was able to close MC011 or it's just the first step to account termination?

Last edited by 1 United Power; 02-09-2022 at 02:40 PM.
Old 02-09-2022
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Thanks for your reply mate. I got MC011 because they said at the very early stage of restriction that this is because I didn't upload other than WISE bank account what I was going to do but account was rejected. Well established Lloyds 10YO+. Money on hold...

Few weeks after that they said that payouts are on hold because I got some opened requests that actually popped up on during MP process and now this is official reason they won't pay me out any money.
Vicious circle...

All B. Account details are 100% matching, but account is being rejected still.
Someone said I won't upload new bank account when MC011 is triggered while the others said It shouldn't be a problem...
I sent to them ID and Bank account statement more than 5 times guys.
Right after that I had irresistible feeling that they just made up another details request. Pictures of my ID whit the stuff I'm selling[!].
Going through all these email I got the feeling that it's just being sent as automatic e-mail system keep repeating over and over again same sh**.

Got some part of money 2/3 to my WISE account a month ago, but nothing more since then. Few items are hanging as opened requests while tracking on the website clearly says 'item status delivered'
Crazy... And they keep telling me to deal with all requests first!

I'll ask the other way:
Do you know someone who was able to close MC011 or it's just the first step to account termination?
So MC011 because you using WISE bank correct?

I also sent a PM with instructions on what you should do further.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jigsaw For This Useful Post:
1 United Power (02-22-2022)
Old 02-10-2022

Longevity: 23%

i was using the wise, then used the Lloyds account as new account. one of the ebay accounts is also suspended as soon as upload the document as well.
Old 02-22-2022
Threadstarter  

Since MP came I had to upload new account as WISE wasn't accepted by eBay anymore and they put my money on hold. Currently I got nearly £5k somewhere in the air again as I'm not able to update my bank account.

The account was restricted actually by MC011 because of 'poor performance' as I'm selling worldwide [slow deliveries]. Hard to deliver item do Australia within 5 days using ECO postage service.

Sent 2 emails to the persons you mentioned in PM [thanks a lot!]

And we'll see what happens...

If they won't release my money I decided to stop selling at the end of March.

This is ridicules that I'm spending my time hanging on the customer service chats for few hours a week! Where 9 of 10 people do not know what's going on. No specialized support out there, just copy/paste messages all the time from most of them...
You can send your details 10 times and won't move any step forward in your verification. Looks like there's no human beings to check it all.
Old 02-26-2022
dbhana121

Longevity: 0%

Does wise not work with MP? What's the reason for that? I was able to link the bank and verify the bank with Wise without any issues.
Old 02-26-2022
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 27%
Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbhana121 View Post
Does wise not work with MP? What's the reason for that? I was able to link the bank and verify the bank with Wise without any issues.
It will be suspended soon 100%
Old 02-26-2022

Activity: 86%
Longevity: 46%

Quote:
use a standard bank account , it must be a bank with a full banking licence in the uk

presumably ebay force people to use "real" banks as those banks are very strict on who they accept as customers
Old 02-27-2022
dbhana121

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2free View Post
It will be suspended soon 100%
Other people have had no issues. This isn't a personal account, I set up a wise account for Ltd company, all legit. There shouldn't be an issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Laflame (02-27-2022)
Old 02-27-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Reading through the forums, there are ppl who have success with Wise but not 100%
Old 02-27-2022
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Other people have had no issues. This isn't a personal account, I set up a wise account for Ltd company, all legit. There shouldn't be an issue.
Well its upto you, if you using uk address then 100% wise or any Virtual bank will lead you to ban your account,if your addeess is outside UK then you can use without any issue

Sooner or later your account will be banned permanently
Old 02-27-2022
dbhana121

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2free View Post
Well its upto you, if you using uk address then 100% wise or any Virtual bank will lead you to ban your account,if your addeess is outside UK then you can use without any issue

Sooner or later your account will be banned permanently
Ok, will probably open another bank. Any suggestions for alternatives that have free/low charges for eBay?
Old 02-27-2022
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Ok, will probably open another bank. Any suggestions for alternatives that have free/low charges for eBay?
Monzo works fine
Old 03-01-2022
Threadstarter  

Hello guys. This is happy end of my story as OP.
Thanks to user @Jigsaw I got the e-mail to contact 2 knowledgeable and qualified people from eBay.
[Not sure whether I can paste these details here- Don't want to get ban].

The story started after I sent message to each one and within 48hrs got an answer which didn't contain any news for me so just replied without any hope for step forward... It was request of some story-board of screen shots to show them what's whole procedure of uploading bank account details goes like step by step.

After 24hrs I got a phone call from eBay to try enter all details manually [same way I did 20+ times without success] hanging on the phone. And surprisingly it just worked out.
All details have been changed from click and after 3 days I got micro-deposit amounts on my uploaded Lloyds account. Now looks like all is confirmed, so green light for further co-operation. All case took more then 4 months to get solved...

If any contact to these 2 eBay stuff members needed you can drop me PM.
Wishing you good luck with your accounts and problems to be solved soon!

Last edited by 1 United Power; 03-01-2022 at 12:33 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1 United Power For This Useful Post:
flyingmac (08-31-2022), Jigsaw (03-02-2022)
Old 03-15-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bougmam View Post
Thank you for sharing you experience, and I have same issue so can you provide me contact email of people from eBay. I waiting your message.
Can you PM me? As I can't send anything to you as I'm not long time member.
Or just pass me your email here