How many VERO strikes before I get suspended for good? Do VERO strikes expire? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk > VeRO

VeRO Verified Rights Owner discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
Default How many VERO strikes before I get suspended for good? Do VERO strikes expire?

Throughout this forum I have found contradicting answers to these questions, which is why I would appreciate it if the responders are only people who have experience in these areas and can answer with confidence.

1) How many VERO strikes before you're suspended?

I am on my third strike and undergoing a 30-day no-listing suspension. It is unclear to me what happens after this. Does anyone have experience? I've read that after the 30-day suspension you're toast, but I've also read that if you don't have a suspension for a certain amount of time, it's like starting from scratch. This leads me to my next question.

2) Do VERO trademark violations expire? If so, how long until I can afford another hit by VERO?

3) Are VERO violations considered violations by the account or by the seller?

I actually received three hits on three different accounts at the same time by the owner of the same trademark. On my main account this is strike 3, and I'm under a 30-day suspension, while on the other two, it is strike 1, so the only penalty was a removing of the listing. It is worth noting that other sellers' (not all sellers') items who were violating the same trademark were also removed.

I am aware that what I'm doing may seem ludicrous, but I was aware of the risk from the get-go. I have not been cross-listing items, I just listed different items on different accounts so that I do not attract too much attention.

4) While I'm undergoing a no-listing suspension, should I be worried about listing VERO-proof items on my other accounts?
I tried listing on another acct just to see if I can; I delisted the item immediately.

Thanks everyone!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-24-2018

Longevity: 43%
Default Re: How many VERO strikes before I get suspended for good? Do VERO strikes expire?

I want to know this too, I recently got a vero strike.
Does it wear off?

I have gotten around 5-6 over the past 4 years or so, but im not sure when they expired

This is the warning i received - Your listing has been removed: Trademark Violation - Unauthorized Listing Content
Also if anyone can shed light on how to avoid such things as i see people who're selling exact same items for 1 year+

Last edited by juke123321; 04-24-2018 at 06:49 PM. Reason: .
Old 04-25-2018

Longevity: 72%
Default Re: How many VERO strikes before I get suspended for good? Do VERO strikes expire?

I am on my third strike and undergoing a 30-day no-listing suspension. It is unclear to me what happens after this.

What's unclear? Next time they suspend you. Forever.

Also if anyone can shed light on how to avoid such things

Easy. If you don't want to get in trouble for selling VERO, don't sell VERO.

i see people who're selling exact same items for 1 year+

But, officer, everybody was stealing stuff, it's NOT FAIR I'm the one being arrested and have to do jail time!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dallis For This Useful Post:
dachilla (05-02-2018), ninja123 (07-03-2018), SavvyTurtle (06-08-2020)
Old 05-02-2018

Longevity: 52%

Have got the same question?!
Old 05-02-2018
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 38%

im not sure if ebay will ever publish that guideline if they even have one each time though the account goes under review and is at risk of suspension
Old 05-02-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by moibrahim View Post
Have got the same question?!
If you're asking this question, perhaps not best to be in that business.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
SavvyTurtle (06-08-2020)
Old 06-08-2020

Longevity: 22%

All of you that continue to choose to roll the dice on ebay, amazon, and server bouncing around the globe with repeated server removals never stop amazing me. a quick buck for as long as you can is worth it to you until you are shut down and as long as no physical legal action is at your door you are okay with it but now upset because your illegal flow of cash is interrupted., also watch out as it all eventually catches up to you with loosing everything when brands go after repeat offenders in court.
Old 06-08-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

Old thread, but posting for posterity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyusa View Post
Throughout this forum I have found contradicting answers to these questions, which is why I would appreciate it if the responders are only people who have experience in these areas and can answer with confidence.

1) How many VERO strikes before you're suspended?

There does not seem to be a fixed number.
I've seen it go for 3, 7, 30, 180 and 365 days, yet no suspension. Others have been suspended somewhere in between.

It would seem to me that their action will corelate with how much of an offence eBay perceives it to be.

Quote:
I am on my third strike and undergoing a 30-day no-listing suspension. It is unclear to me what happens after this. Does anyone have experience? I've read that after the 30-day suspension you're toast, but I've also read that if you don't have a suspension for a certain amount of time, it's like starting from scratch. This leads me to my next question.

If there's one thing it's not going to be like, that would be starting afresh. You're either going to get suspended for good or go 180 days. The latter is most likely.

Quote:
2) Do VERO trademark violations expire? If so, how long until I can afford another hit by VERO?
I know they expire for sure. What i'm not sure of is how long until they expire. I suspect it takes 6 or 12 months after the last takedown.
A friend from london got several warnings on an account. He let the account sit for ages. When he started to use the account selling the same product, his next warning was a three-day suspension. Although this was many years ago.

Quote:
3) Are VERO violations considered violations by the account or by the seller?

I have no clue, but if you have two legit accounts and you're 'below standard' on one, the other account will be affected if you do not improve in time. I'd imagine it would follow that any violations will be appended to both account and seller if severe enough.
To dissociate a seller from their other accounts when a violation is involved is to create a loophole for abuse.

Quote:
I actually received three hits on three different accounts at the same time by the owner of the same trademark. On my main account this is strike 3, and I'm under a 30-day suspension, while on the other two, it is strike 1, so the only penalty was a removing of the listing. It is worth noting that other sellers' (not all sellers') items who were violating the same trademark were also removed.

I am aware that what I'm doing may seem ludicrous, but I was aware of the risk from the get-go. I have not been cross-listing items, I just listed different items on different accounts so that I do not attract too much attention.

4) While I'm undergoing a no-listing suspension, should I be worried about listing VERO-proof items on my other accounts?
I tried listing on another acct just to see if I can; I delisted the item immediately.

Thanks everyone!

There would be no problem unless your accounts are linked.

I should like to add that if these are your legit accounts, you should consider moving youre operation to stealth accounts.

There are many legit items you can sell on your main accounts and still take five figures home monthly.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pandoras_box For This Useful Post:
rsot (06-13-2020)
Old 10-29-2020

Longevity: 48%

I am not sure why mods and admins of the forum go all "stop selling Vero"... Why not get off your mighty horses and admit - this forum exists because of eBay Vero, we're all here because of it.

Stop selling Vero? Everything is VeRo! What am I to sell? Unbranded Kleenex?... I mean, facial tissue. See, everything is branded!
Old 10-29-2020
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,546 Times in 2,199 Posts
Activity: 58%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by byMaX View Post
I am not sure why mods and admins of the forum go all "stop selling Vero"... Why not get off your mighty horses and admit - this forum exists because of eBay Vero, we're all here because of it.

Stop selling Vero? Everything is VeRo! What am I to sell? Unbranded Kleenex?... I mean, facial tissue. See, everything is branded!

Because selling Vero or counterfeits will get you in trouble.

This forum exists many many years ago because A LOT of people were banned unfairly and Aspkin found a way to get back to selling.

It's not a mighty horse that we are on, it's logic and proven facts.

PS: Old thread, start a new one.
Closed Thread