Prepaid VISA card now asking for ID - YIKES - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Credit Card Alternatives

Credit Card Alternatives Prepaid, Gift, Debit and Credit Cards. Credit Card Alternatives. Bank Account Verification and Alternatives.

Old 11-04-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%
Default Prepaid VISA card now asking for ID - YIKES

I purchased a $20 prepaid VISA card at my local 7/11. I used the number for both ebay and paypal. I used the name of the STEALTH account (purchased) as the name, and my real address so that the top up card could be sent to me. I changed the address with customer service after I registered to the address on the Stealth account so that ebay and paypal could "verify" the card (which they did). I was awaiting the top up card in the mail (to my address) and instead I got a letter asking for 2 forms of ID, one of them being a drivers lisc, passport or gov't issued ID and the other being another form of ID including an employment, voters registration etc.

I have a sinking feeling as this account was PURCHASED and I have none of what they want as identification.

They said it's about the "Patriot Act".

If I don't do this they said they will "limit" the account. I need a "credit card" on the paypal and ebay account to continue to have limits removed. How do I do this without purchasing card after card and changing the credit card on ebay and paypal all the time?

I've read some of the threads here and can't figure out if purchasing a "Simon" card is good or not, and, I've never seen one here where I live.

Anyone solved a similar problem?

Any suggestions?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-04-2009

When you say waiting for a top up card what does that mean and who was sending this exactly?

Did paypal send a letter to you or the card company send a letter? Im a little confused.

If it was PP sending the letter mentioning partriot act....they are not a bank so I don't know why they would be saying that but then again I have had ebay ask to take a picture of me and email it to them...so who knows
Old 11-04-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

yes prepaid visa are issued by a real bank and have to follow procedures too, just give them your real id, you need to sign up for a prepaid with correct info......
Old 11-04-2009
Threadstarter  

It was not paypal or Ebay that sent the letter, but the company that provides the prepaid credit card that sent the letter. The way the card works is that I went to 7/11 bought the prepaid card in the amount of $20 (just like a phone card) and registered the card by phone to the "bank/provider". I initially gave all the Stealth information EXCEPT the address (gave my own) because they told me that to refill the card they needed an address to send to. The STEALTH account I have is a bought one with information in another state. After the process of registering the card (about 2 days later), I changed the address on the card to match the address on the stealth account so that when I entered the card information on paypal and ebay it would "verify" and match their information. I also did this because should I need to send paypal or ebay an online statement the information would match.

It was the prepaid cards "bank/provider" that sent the letter, not paypal or ebay. I'm very concerned that they will cancel the card and have no idea of what card to add to the account that would pass muster as I've not heard of any Simon cards out here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONE View Post
When you say waiting for a top up card what does that mean and who was sending this exactly?

Did paypal send a letter to you or the card company send a letter? Im a little confused.

If it was PP sending the letter mentioning partriot act....they are not a bank so I don't know why they would be saying that but then again I have had ebay ask to take a picture of me and email it to them...so who knows
Old 11-04-2009
Threadstarter  

I understand that. But then I'd have to take extreme measures if they asked me for an online statement. And, I wouldn't have been able to get the card "verified" because the name on the card, as well as the address HAS TO MATCH when paypal or ebay verify it. I know, because I tried to use my friends card once under my now suspended card and it wouldn't verify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
yes prepaid visa are issued by a real bank and have to follow procedures too, just give them your real id, you need to sign up for a prepaid with correct info......
Old 11-04-2009
Executive [VIP]

NO ^, when you are asked for online statement the card name should match the stealth ebay account. These details have nothing to do with the details you HAVE to sign up with, your REAL details.

You sign up with real details and real visa to load it

then you create card in strealth name.- that is fixed now

as AVS is often not needed by paypal -check if you need to change address before you create card (on edit panel), or leave it as it is - if so that can be changed anytime, if needed to give paypal a screenshot.

All prepaids are different so you need to get to know ins ans outs of your one - email them with questions if needed

Its ok, this can be done, and if it cant - change card providers.... if you
name the pre-paid you want to use, someone may be able to pm you...

Once again, you must give your real ID, by law - plus they have your real funding source that has your name on anyway!

Last edited by oompaloompa; 11-04-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Old 11-04-2009
Threadstarter  

So how do I get the card "name" to match up with the STEALTH name if I have to give my real details? Also, what about the address????? If I give them my real details then how do I ask them to put a different name and address on the card? I can tell you for SURE that it won't fly with paypal if the name AND address are not the same as the account.

Can someone PM me on this because I'm really confused.

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
NO ^, when you are asked for online statement the card name should match the stealth ebay account. These details have nothing to do with the details you HAVE to sign up with, your REAL details.

You sign up with real details and real visa to load it

then you create card in strealth name.- that is fixed now

as AVS is often not needed by paypal -check if you need to change address before you create card (on edit panel), or leave it as it is - if so that can be changed anytime, if needed to give paypal a screenshot.

All prepaids are different so you need to get to know ins ans outs of your one - email them with questions if needed

Its ok, this can be done, and if it cant - change card providers.... if you
name the pre-paid you want to use, someone may be able to pm you...

Once again, you must give your real ID, by law - plus they have your real funding source that has your name on anyway!
Old 11-05-2009

Longevity: 88%

If it is a re-loadable card they want your info. ssn, etc. These cards are actually checking accounts in disguise. Sometimes they provide you with an account/routing number...
Old 11-05-2009
Executive [VIP]

Im not in US, all the cards differ, if you state which card you want to use ,someone will tell you if you can do this or which one it is possible with. It should be on the forum somewhere, I assume...
Old 11-05-2009

Longevity: 95%

sounds like to my u bought a debit card

Debit card Exe: Greendot, Netspend, Ruchcard, Up Top

Preapid cards dose not require ids if u buy them in gas stations and stores! there are many many prepaid cards and u get the card when u buy it they dont have to mail it to u.
Old 11-05-2009
Threadstarter  

It was a supposedly a "prepaid" VISA card which I loaded with $20 at the 7/11 convenience store. The only thing is that it can't be refilled. The ones you are talking about, can they be used to verify? PM me with details as I'm in a quandry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboykilla View Post
sounds like to my u bought a debit card

Debit card Exe: Greendot, Netspend, Ruchcard, Up Top

Preapid cards dose not require ids if u buy them in gas stations and stores! there are many many prepaid cards and u get the card when u buy it they dont have to mail it to u.
Old 11-06-2009

Longevity: 95%

Yeah u need non reloadable cards! most all them work on paypal but very few work on ebay its self u have to trial and error on the ones for ebay but just set up a paypal and use it to pay your ebay seller fees so u can become a seller

Just read back of the cards if u cant find them and see if it says non reloadable then thats the one u need