MC019 eBay Listing Removed: Trademark Violation - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-21-2008
rafc

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 0%
Default MC019 eBay Listing Removed: Trademark Violation

hi guys, I just got one of these - my account has 100% positive feedback , 200 feedback, the alert said i may be suspended if i get one of these again...

i've had violations before like MC018 and had 3 of those in 1 week but my account was fine, it seems that mc019 however is more serious?

how long is it safe to wait before listing the item again?

it's ridiculous - the exact same item i've seen sell successfully and i put it on, they pounce. happened to me with other items before, it's unfair.

thx u
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-21-2008

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 91%

You must be wording your auctions wrong. Or selling something you shouldn't be. Are you using your own pictures?
Google: site:aspkin.com mc019
I think you need some help with your listings. You might want to consult Modee.

Last edited by Quasi_Mojo; 09-21-2008 at 11:36 PM.
Old 09-22-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

Was it a true VERO warning that contained the name of the VERO member?
Or was there NO VERO member information?
If there was NO member information then the warning was probably started by a competitor and not the true VERO member.
Make since?
Old 09-22-2008
rafc

there was no vero member info, and there are no competitors for this item - there are only around 10 of the kind listed at any given time. it had 200 views in one day and 20 watchers already, so the chances of it being pulled are of course greater...it may just be a sexually frustrated neutral who sees a vero and reports it.

i've seen countless ⊗⊗⊗⊗ knockoffs and replicas on ebay, and thought of reporting them, but in the end i didn't - that's basically screwing someone's entire ebay account for no reason other than a crude satisfaction. some people just annoy me.

how long before it is safe to list the item again? this time i will try without the brand names.
Old 09-22-2008
Executive [VIP]

Look in you eBay account inside your "Messages" folder.
At the top should be your "ALERTS".
You can see when they expire and how many you have.
As far as my knowledge goes.....
I see most of my accounts are limited to 3 and then on number 4 ~~ POOF - NARU
If you are a Powerseller that number increases.
It also has some different variables mixed in the mix in the equation.
If you account is a Pre 11-07 account.
How long you have had your account.
Have you had alerts in the past that have "dropped off".

When I get 2-3 on 1 account I usually wait at least 45-60 days before re-listing the same item that was VEROed.
These ALERTS usually stay on your active record anywhere from 60-90 days.

Hope that helps in your decision to re-list or not.
Old 09-22-2008
rafc

thankyou that post was great!

my account is 4 years old 200 feedback all 100% , last month i had 2 MC018 alerts, no suspension, they're still in the alerts page in my ebay. those are the only alerts i've ever had against me.

ahhh 45-60? omg -- would it help at all if i completely changed the auction format, and the title so that it doesn't include the brand name, and act like i don't know what it is?

thanks again
Old 09-22-2008
Executive [VIP]

If your auction take down was from another seller then the odds of them scanning again for this item is pretty high.
Old 09-22-2008
rafc

that's why i was talking about listing it under a completely different name, without the brand name, meaning they'd have to scan the whole category
Old 09-22-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafc View Post
that's why i was talking about listing it under a completely different name, without the brand name, meaning they'd have to scan the whole category
Unless of course that they have already added you as a 'favourite seller' and will check almost daily to see if you have relisted it.
Old 09-22-2008
rafc

how can people be so pathetic - don't they have something better to do ?

Last edited by rafc; 09-22-2008 at 08:30 PM.
Old 09-22-2008

Longevity: 94%

Any trademark or vero violation ALWAYS says "your account is at risk of being suspended".

It's just a standard practice, to scare you.

I think it's 3 vero removals and you're off?
Old 09-22-2008

Longevity: 91%

I received 3 VeRO hits within a few weeks of each other and was suspended.Those alerts are due to expire on Oct 3 and a the other 2 in mid October.One of the auction takedowns was after the auction had ended a few days prior.Suspended for 7 days and then reinstated.
I am now selling those items on Bonanzle.com and Craigslist and listing leftover used stuff on Ebay until the alerts expire.
Old 09-22-2008
rafc

i read it but i have another issue at the same time - my account is linked to 2 accounts which were recently suspended. the second was suspended for 12 months, this account is older and can take more hits, but i don't know when it's going to end.

i don't know why they don't just do 7 day suspensions instead of hit me with 12 months for something minor (buying small priced items to build feedback)
Old 04-23-2009

Longevity: 86%

Hi Im new to this im not posting a reply just a few questions cause I recently too got an email about trademark violation and my item was removed.. I collect sneakers and have for ages and recently decided to sell them on ebay-mainly nike or other similar brands. Im crazy about sneakers and have picked them up frm random sales, anywhere i could really I dont know if I have picked any ⊗⊗⊗⊗ up along the way I cant tell I just take the peoples word for it..and I have set up my little online shop and in my lisiting i made reference to the website bcause i didnt think i was doing anything wrong..but anyway what im all worked up about is that in the email it said they were contacted by the rights owner who wanted them to take my listing down because it was a counterfeit or something they also had the veros email something like fraud@...nike.com that makes me feel like a criminal or something! im not just passionate about shoes bt my question is: does the vero now have my website? and can they do anything becaue I have quite a bit of stuff on there i dont want to get sued! im not going to do it if its all wrong i didnt think i was doing anything wrong all the shoes are mine that I bought.should I take my website down for a while? does anyone think I could get in trouble now that the actual vero themselves (frm the "fraud" dept) has my website and details? im just a small dog bt i tried to make my website look professional obviously?? im pretty worked up can anyone give me some advice?
Old 04-23-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

email them back and explain the situtation...it sounds like you can work it out since your are legit.

you can also challenge it by using this form:
http://www.tabberone.com/Trademarks/...tice2003.shtml

Last edited by ebaykilla; 04-23-2009 at 05:25 AM.
Old 09-16-2009

Longevity: 84%
Default Pesky Ebayer, VERO, Or Just An Ebay Bot?

These Are The Only Thing Thats Was Left / Sent Via Ebay Message Regarding My Items Being Removed And I Just Simply Wanted To Know Whether This Was Done By Another Pesky Ebayer, VERO, Or Just An Ebay Bot?
I Have No Feedback At All Yet And My Account Is Only A Few Weeks Old So Far, And This Was & Is My FIRST Time EVER Having My Items Removed.

Thank You Sooo Very Much Everyone!

The listing was removed because it violated eBay policy.

- Limited selling historycrlf- Insufficient description of the item or no photos of the itemcrlf

Unfortunately, your item was removed because of the way it was listed. Our concerns included:

- Limited selling historycrlf- Insufficient description of the item or no photos of the itemcrlf
Old 09-16-2009

This is not a VeRO violation. This is either

-a competitor or buyer reporting you (though you will sometimes see something like "buyer had doubts about legitimacy of your item)
-eBay bots got you by cross-matching certain sentences or pictures with already banned/listings

You must ASBOLUTELY
-take fresh new pictures of your item. If you want to be extreme write your eBay name on a piece of paper and include it in the picture so eBay can see YOU really took it, then ON TOP add a digital watermark of your eBay name in the corner somewhere.
-Use new style, fonts, wording, sentences.

It must look like an entirely different listing. If you printed your old and new one the only think looking even remotely the same would be the item in the picture.

It's not 100% guaranteed though: if you sell rarer items and your competitor/stacker is looking out for this item he'll report you even if you respect all of the above.

My suggestion would be to try this technique and see how it goes, if you end up with violations again, you might have to switch to another item. Also check to see who else is selling what you're selling.
Old 09-17-2009

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here We Go Again View Post
Look in you eBay account inside your "Messages" folder.
At the top should be your "ALERTS".
You can see when they expire and how many you have.
As far as my knowledge goes.....
I see most of my accounts are limited to 3 and then on number 4 ~~ POOF - NARU
If you are a Powerseller that number increases.
It also has some different variables mixed in the mix in the equation.
If you account is a Pre 11-07 account.
How long you have had your account.
Have you had alerts in the past that have "dropped off".

When I get 2-3 on 1 account I usually wait at least 45-60 days before re-listing the same item that was VEROed.
These ALERTS usually stay on your active record anywhere from 60-90 days.

Hope that helps in your decision to re-list or not.
FYI they hold you accountable more than a year now. I had a nice Gold PS account with perfect FB and all 5's and they canned all my items because of one. When I called them (cause this happens yearly during the July/August roundup) I asked what it was exactly then they started mentioning closed items OVER A YEAR AGO! I asked if they held that against me since they were all expired and they said "we look at the whole account and decide based on repeated violations over time whether or not we want that seller to remain on eBay"

Needless to say I stopped selling on that account and am using a new one. I fogure one violation on one account and let it rest for 2 years.