Listing removed for selling prescription lenses - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-29-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Default Listing removed for selling prescription lenses

So i listed a pair of addidas replacement lenses for oakleys and such. and 20minutes later i get this email :

Dear xxxxxx(xxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com),

You recently listed the following auction-style listing:

270270403786 - Brand New Adidas RX Clip In Replacement Lenses

The auction-style listing was removed because it violated the eBay Medical and Prescription Items policy. We notified members who placed bids on the item that the listing has been canceled.

To protect consumer health and safety, sales of drugs and other medical items are heavily regulated. For this reason, listings for drugs and other items that require a prescription from a doctor, dentist, optometrist, or veterinarian are not permitted on eBay. Listings for other health care or medical-related items are severely restricted. For example, regulations governing the sale contact lenses (prescription and non-prescription) vary widely from one region to another. For this reason, listings for contact lenses are not permitted on eBay.

For more information on the eBay Medical and Prescription Items policy, please visit:

Prescription Drugs

Please note: violation of this or other eBay policies may result in forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings, limits on account privileges and account suspension.

To review the eBay list of Prohibited, Questionable, and Infringing items, please visit:

eBay: Redirect

For more information on why eBay may remove a , please visit:

Why eBay May Remove Your Listing

Your listing(s) may be eligible for relisting through My eBay. If your listing is eligible, you will see the listing in your Unsold Items page within My eBay. Listings that are not eligible for relisting will not be visible in the Unsold Items page.

To relist your item, sign in to eBay, go to My eBay to your Unsold items, and select the item that was canceled -- it's highlighted with a yellow banner. Before relisting, please make any changes necessary to ensure that your revised listing is in compliance with the law and eBay policies. You might want to check your other listings for similar violations as well.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

What the heck, these are just lenses not drugs
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-29-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Don't put the title "RX" in your description. This gives ebay the assumption that the lense or clip has Prescription. You are not allowed to sell anything like prescription eyewear or contacts.
Old 08-29-2008
Threadstarter  

wats rx mean
Old 08-29-2008
Threadstarter  

they are just the sports glasses replacement lenses, they have no prescription...

w.e they are only worth like 10 bucks anyway... forget it
Old 08-31-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmuggs View Post
wats rx mean
"Rx" Means Prescription. By putting the Rx in the title is implying the the Lense has prescription in them. Modee is right by putting Rx-able is implying that the frame or clip is able to fit prescription lenses.

Reference: BooMer <~~~~ Over 10 years in the Optical/Sunglass Business.
Old 08-31-2008

Longevity: 90%

LOL that reminds me...
A year ago I was selling a "Rock shaped like an indian arrow"
Guess what...they removed it because your are not supposed to sell indian artifacts. It was a freaking ROCK lol.
Thats what I hate about ebay: they hire college kids that know NOTHING about the stuff you sell, they dont even read your listings...and they can decide if you fit on ebay or not. No appeals!
Old 08-31-2008
Threadstarter  

katie is that you in your avatar? if so your hot.
Old 08-31-2008

Longevity: 91%

i tried selling something silly, i think one thing was a fart in a condom lol !!! There is a story (big) story behind it and they removed it because it was connected with human bones etc :/
Old 09-01-2008

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmuggs View Post
katie is that you in your avatar? if so your hot.
LoL I would never put my face on this forum. Dont you know we are all banned from ebay here? LOL
And BTW...I'm sure there are at least 4-5 users of this forum that are ebay employees. One of the best strategies the corporations use is to infiltrate inside forums like this, act like regular users, and monitor everybodys activity or new ideas that might come up. I bet they bought the Steath Guide too! I survived a dictatorship (cant tell which one) and these things are common knowledge.
Old 09-01-2008

Longevity: 95%

Looks like he's trying to sell Eye Glasses--no??
If thats the case-possibly another category-- search your competitors..
I once listed a first aid kit for a Commercial RESTAURANT, and had it pulled.
I relisted in another category--it stayed up..
--Ive also listed Drug Test kits for a restaurant--Pulled, changed Category--and remained up, long enough to sell out..
--They have something weird when it comes to medical Supplies/Equipment..
Old 09-02-2008

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Well, I hope you are not using this picture to sell on eBay.

If yes, try using the macro option (usually a little flower) on your camera. There is also a good guide I found online, which worked great for a friend of mine: How to Make Your eBay Auction Pictures Standout