Using Moneybookers - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions > Payment Gateways

Payment Gateways Payment Gateway Discussions - Stripe Accounts, PayPal Accounts, Authorize.Net, Coinbase and More.

Old 04-14-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%
Question Using Moneybookers

Hi,

I have already look through the forums and pm for questions, but I haven't been able to find my answer to the question regarding Moneybookers. I already have an account with them. I want to send a customer an invoice so they can make a payment and I don't see where to send an invoice at all, unlike google checkout and paypal where I can easily send invoice for payment. I don't like google checkout or Paypal because they limit your account for large transactions no matter what. I don't want an actual merchant service or ccnow because their fees are too high and they are monthly. But anyways, I was wondering if anyone knew if we have to contact them first to use their merchant service. I have already contacted them, but they haven't email me back yet so I was wondering if anyone knew. I was thinking if I don't link it to eBay, then maybe I won't have to wait for such a long hold such as 15 and 40 day hold. This concept is similar to paypal because if you do a non-ebay transaction with them, you don't have a 21 day hold, but there is still the 180 day limitation review. I remember reading on the another thread that somene was able to accept payments just fine, without linking it to eBay because they were non-ebay transactions. I was also wondering how long it would be to receive payments for non-ebay transactions. Any info appreciated. Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-17-2010
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 84%

Well,

There are hundreds of horrible complaints against them. So I'm not using them after I did a google search and came up with a user name:my400dollarsstolen and said the following:

Hello i have been using moneybookers.com for about 3-4 months for my ebay auctions everything was going fine until i got contacted by them that a seller requested a refund i said OK no problem give him the whole refund just don't block my account for payments because they sent me an e-mail stating that any account with disputes will be blocked until the dispute is resolved. "i sell on ebay about 600 dollars each week and have been for the past year and i never had a dispute" anyways so that same week when my auctions ended and buyers tried to pay me they said that they couln't and by that time i had already resolved the dispute and moneybookers had confirmed that everything was ok with my account so i e-mailed them and said that my buyers could not pay me and to please fix my account 2 days passed nothing so by that time i decided to call moneybookers to my surprice no one ever answers "try calling them to see for your self" so a couple of days passed and my buyers had becomed inpatient i asked them to pay me with a moneyorder and they all agreed so i sent all the goods.. i week had passed and no e-mail and no callbacks from them i also had {have} over $400 dollars in my account sitting there so i kindly sent another e-mail to them saying that why can't anyone answer me back or fix my account i have over $400 dollars in my account and have been using your service for over 3 months and prosesed thousands of dollars with you guys but seems like you guys don't care for your customers so please let me withdraw my money out of my account or i will sue you guys.. sure enough the next day i got an e-mail form them saying that i am free to do what ever i want and that its up to me to take legal action but your account is now under suspension and will be closed in 1 week.. i said ok close my account you ungreatful people but i want my moneyback no one replied to my e-mails no one answerred my calls so i just waited 1 week to see if i got my moneyback nothing so i waited a couple of more days nothin 20 days passed and my account as still active 40 days passed hundreds of e-mails hundreds of calls no responce now its been over 2 months and i havent received my money or a responce to why they suspended my account and why they havent closed my account... $400 dollars out but i promise i will not stop telling my story until i receive my money i will post youtube videos i will post this on every thread, other report scam sites and on ebays forums i will make a website in 1 week it will be up and running and everytime someone googles or uses a search engine and types "ebay mooneybookers or moneybookers ebay or has anyone used moneybookers on ebay?"

will see my site and read my story do you get that moneybookers? i will not sue you i will tell everyone the truth about you guys and your horrible customer support and will probably lose more money and cutomers than $400 dollars!!!

AT LEST PAYPAL ANSWERS THE PHONE AND E-MAILS AND DON'T HIDE FROM THEIR CUSTOMERS THEY AT LEAST HAVE THE BALLS TO TELL YOU THEY ARE NOT GIVING YOU YOUR MONEY BACK IN 180 DAYS SORRY.

PROS: If you don't want to use paypal and have less than 10 feedback score this is the only way to receive payments.

Cons: It takes 14 days for them to release the funds in your account even if you get positive feedback, Horrible customer support, sometimes you don't receive e-mails when a buyer pays you and makes it very difficult to track your sales if you sell numerous items on ebay, you cant send someone money using moneybookers, you cant send invoices, they only accept visa and mastercard, google moneybookers and the first thing you see is scam and buyers get scared with using moneybookersit takes forever to receive your money from them up to 21 days to have it in your bank account and just to give you an example call their customers support number or e-mail them and see for your self what i mean..

Solution: i now use paymate.com on my ebay auctions. they deliver the funds to your bank account directly so it only takes 3-4 days to have you money in your bank but account but you need to have over 10 feedback score and the fees are a little bit higher but its worth it 3.0% $0.50 per transaction but you get your money in 3-4 days thats super fast!!!

I will definitely not be using moneybookers, not to mention when I tried to email them for information, it took a whole day if not more for them to respond. I ask them all these questions in the email and they were so vague, they didn't even answer anything. Not to mention I think it cost money to even call them because they don't have a free-toll number. And also, my buyers don't even want to use them eventhough they are a approve eBay method, buyers still say no to moneybookers.

Last edited by apple6; 04-17-2010 at 06:36 AM. Reason: mispell
Old 05-30-2010

Longevity: 80%

I am using moneybookers

and didn't faced any problem yet
Old 07-06-2010

Longevity: 88%

Hi Guys, I use Moneybookers with no problems so far on various selling sites. The problem is on Ebay its near impossible to get anyone to pay via MB. I refund their PP payments which they make ignoring my MB invoice and quoting my auctions that say I only take MB and they still do not pay. The public are so brainwashed with PP. All suggestions to get them to poay via MB welcome. Thank you
Old 07-20-2010

Longevity: 79%

moneybooks imo is good, i have a couple of accounts, one personal and one business, my personal one i have had from day one, I have used it for all sorts, carpet bagging, brokers, bookies and so on, about 24 months ago this changed, now if want to accept credit cards and or have a gateway or link to ebay you need all kinds of info, bit of a ball ache but worth it, i have never had any problem with any of my moneybookers accounts or withdrawing coin .

now if want to request money then click the services tab, on the left you will send send fax and so on, in the middle of that lot is the request money link
Old 07-20-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Agree MB has potential to be a great service but it's so tough to break through the buyer's mentality of PP being king.

Few small transactions have gone through MB but they need more press to become viable. Their marketing is so sub-par - hell I should try and do some marketing for them...on their payroll!
Old 07-20-2010

There giving it a go now but to be honest i dont think there really that bothered as there massive in the gambling world .

i like the fact the there standard gateway is its free with no monthly charge and its better than paypals, worked really well on my site .
Old 07-30-2010

Hello

Sorry if I am crashing in on this topic, but I am new to this forum and have made a new topic regarding moneybookers, for ebay uk and ebay.ie

I see 2 memebers who have posted on here seem to be using moneybooker for ebay uk and ebay ie, I would really appreciate some advice or reply to my post, firstly how is it possible as I was told by moneybookers ebay is only allowed on ebay.com so I woud need to list there and the fund will be charged 1.99% conversion fee

Regards
Old 08-08-2010

are you able to choose moneybookers as a payment alt to paypal at any point even if it's a new account?
Old 08-08-2010

BUMP--- I could really use a hand here. I can't figure out how to send a request for payment! I'm no dummy, I've been through it over and over and over... WTF!?!?!?!???

How do they intend to be an alternative to PayPal if they're so difficult to navigate?

I created the account about 2 months ago, verified address/name/accounts, linked credit card and bank account... I just want this to work!

Can anyone help? I have buyers that (of course) can't figure out how to send money and I can't figure out how to ask for it through the system and make it easy for them!
Old 08-09-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

Oliverauctions, I have used money bookers off and on since they started in which i think it was in 2000 or something like that. However on my eBay Stealth account i have now I just sold and had $450.00 deposited in my account within 5 days from ebay auctions. Problem is now ebay is telling me this when i try to relist now "
Attention Seller:
Thank you for choosing eBay.

In order to help maintain a safe trading environment, selling limits are occasionally placed on accounts. To list this item, you will need to provide verifying information through PayPal. This higher level of verification is designed to help maintain safety in the marketplace and enhance buyer confidence and security.
and blah blah blah u know the rest. I was only using money bookers and had the account since 2008 and selling off and on since then and have sold like 10 things and have 9 good feedbacks and waiting on last one. I think we cant use any thing other then paypal or else we suffer.
Old 08-09-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

oh and to answer your question oliverauctions you dont need to know how to send invoices to the customer because you would link your money bookers account to ebay and then when customers win the auction they are directed through ebay secure server to pay you instantly.
Old 08-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

eBay is really trying to make sure only 16% of sales are outside Paypal. Difficult.
Old 03-07-2012

Longevity: 70%

Where is the services tab or request money link? I don't see that.
Old 03-07-2012

Longevity: 70%

I just called and they said that there never was a services tab, request money link, or request money tab and they said there never was and never will there be a way to invoice customers from the site. I wonder why people on here and a lot of people on the net said that is the case. I think accepting money via Sneakernet would be WAY MORE efficient... even if its from overseas.
Old 03-08-2012
Executive [VIP]

Sneakernet you say?