paypal dispute - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 11-27-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%
Default paypal dispute

hello, i asked this question maybe a week ago but didnt get a clear answer.. i have sold some ugg boots to someone in holland and they are saying they are ⊗⊗⊗⊗ so i told them to send everything she received back to me and i will give her refund.. however she has sent back the boots but no box or cards etc, just the boots.. this means i cant sell them or get a refund from my supplier for the amount to refund the buyer.. she has said on one of the disputes that she has put the box and other things in the bin because they did not think it was nesassary to send me.. so can you tell me what i should do.. i dont have the funds in that account to give her a refund and i cant sell the boots or get a refund for the price she payed.. what are my rights on this? thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-27-2009

Longevity: 85%

Unfortunately the rights side of thing is secondary. It is more a case of how much you value the account. The easiest and safest course of action is to refund and sell them without box/tags....

If you really can't afford to refund your best hope is that the buyer hasn't followed the correct procedure.... did she send them back with tracking? Do you have proof of authenticity? If you can prove they are authentic and you are autorised to selll them (should that be required) then you are not obliged to accept the return without the box/tags.

If she has followed the correct procedure and you can't prove authenticity it is likely PayPal will side with the buyer and refund them anyway. You will end up with a negative balance and an unusable PayPal account.

CaptainJack

Last edited by captainjack1980; 11-27-2009 at 09:29 AM.
Old 11-27-2009
Threadstarter  

ok thanks for that, it is my actual account in my own name.. the other thing was though is that she claimed to paypal but they pretty much said theyre not going to do anything about it but they have rights to do something about it within 180 days.. it confused me a bit.. she does have tracking but she has clearly said in the dispute that she has only sent the boots.. what do they mean by theyre not going to do anything about it for now but can within 180 days? thanks
Old 11-27-2009

Basically if she does a chargeback on her credit card (assuming she paid with one) they will hold you liable for the funds.... so they could still reverse the transaction.

If that is how things stand now with PayPal then it is up to you what you do..... at this stage I personally would offer a partial refund to compensate for not getting the box and tags back. Either that or retun the boots to her with tracking.

sounds like your gonna cop a negative feedback though....

CaptainJack

Last edited by captainjack1980; 11-27-2009 at 09:55 AM.
Old 11-27-2009
Threadstarter  

yeah i already offered a half price refund or send the boots back but they do not agree with it.. they cant give me bad feedback either because the listing was removed by ebay which meant no one can leave bad feedback and all the ebay fees were dismissed.. so what do you think i should say back to them now? i dont think they did it with credit card because i think she would have done the charge by now dont you think? cheers
Old 11-27-2009

To be honest in those circumstances I am suprised PayPal didn't side with the buyer.

It does take some time to action a chargeback hence the 180 days.

You can't force the buyer to accept the partial refund and if you send them back without permission they may not accept delivery.

If the claim is closed then the buyer can't open another one with PayPal so at this stage you don't have to do anything.....

CaptainJack.
The Following User Says Thank You to captainjack1980 For This Useful Post:
casual92king (11-27-2009)
Old 11-27-2009

Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by casual92king View Post
yeah i already offered a half price refund or send the boots back but they do not agree with it.. they cant give me bad feedback either because the listing was removed by ebay which meant no one can leave bad feedback and all the ebay fees were dismissed.. so what do you think i should say back to them now? i dont think they did it with credit card because i think she would have done the charge by now dont you think? cheers
Well now we have more leverage don't we ? If you don't have to worry about feedback, tell the broad she'll get her damn partial refund. Block her so that she can never buy from you again.

It might end up that Paypal refunds her in full. I have had that happen and it sucks because the person sent the item back without the dang box and it was kind of dirty.