Ebay unable to call me on new simcards - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 02-04-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 31%
Default Ebay unable to call me on new simcards

Hi, i've been using 02 sim cards for ebay/paypal, but i just ordered a new batch of 02 sims and for some reason, when i request a call back from ebay, they can't get through to me, i don't receive any call and i get message from ebay that they couldn't get through to me. Why do the new 02 sims not allow ebay to call me? have they changed something?
Also, a lot of my new accounts suspended after 1st listing, one account i contacted livechat and she told me suspended indefinitely and closed the chat what was that about? didn't even give me a chance. I use new windows user, mobile data ip that i log, 02 sim, high quality vcc that i verify. Requesting a call back from ebay is important as it's the only way i know how to increase selling limit from 10 items to 100. So now i need to find a new mobile carrier that works like 02 used to do. Any help is appreciated!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-04-2020

Activity: 10%
Longevity: 78%
Default Re: Ebay unable to call me on new simcards

I do not know about the sim cards, not getting an account reinstated on a new account after listing means that you are being linked or you are using bad information.

If you are being linked to other suspended accounts may mean that you are doing the stealth wrong
Old 02-04-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by degsey69 View Post
I do not know about the sim cards, not getting an account reinstated on a new account after listing means that you are being linked or you are using bad information.

If you are being linked to other suspended accounts may mean that you are doing the stealth wrong
New windows user > download portable firefox browser > log mobile data ip
I don't think it's being linked that way. I don't see how information can be bad? like how are people getting real information of people who live at real addresses? i just choose random real address e.g if my real billing is BF3 3BC i'll make sure the numbers match so my vcc gets accepted.
The sim issue i can't figure out unless 02 themselves have changed something to not accept international calls on new sims or something.
My opinion on whether is hould block webrtc etc is conflicted, some people say you shouldn't, others say you should. Which is it?
Old 02-04-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

Have you tried calling the numbers yourself?

The first thing I do with my new sim is call the number myself to verify it is working. I also call the numbers every 5 to 6 months to ensure it is kept active should I ever need to use it.

I mostly use Vodafone sims.
Old 02-04-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOMBOK View Post
Have you tried calling the numbers yourself?

The first thing I do with my new sim is call the number myself to verify it is working. I also call the numbers every 5 to 6 months to ensure it is kept active should I ever need to use it.

I mostly use Vodafone sims.
Yes i called one of the numbers using my real three simcard after trying few times and ebay not being able to get through and it worked fine.
The new 02 sims, getting text messages is fine from ebay, it's just the requesting a callback from them, for some reason they're not able to get through at all. As for the linking part, the information must be bad right? only way i can think it's triggering suspension, because people say flash leaks IP, but how can it leak IP that isn't even active? i mean, when i'm logged onto a new user, i disable my real wired connection first in control panel and make sure only mobile data ip connection is enabled, so how would a connection that is disabled be detected? Also vodafone sims work like 02 where you don't need to top up, you can receive texts and calls from other people/internationally (ebay usa) right?

Last edited by Estarossa; 02-04-2020 at 05:08 PM.
Old 02-04-2020
Threadstarter  

Should you block webrtc and flash? it's a new user so flash cookies would be seperate, and only mobile data connection is enabled in control panel settings
Old 02-06-2020
Threadstarter  

BUMP, anyone what the issue is? vodafone sim cards working fine, they can call me back on them no problem but the new 02 sim cards still not working, i even talked to a livechat agent on the 02 website, and all he told me to do was reset my network settings but that didn't help. If anyone has any experience with 02 in 2020, do let me know. Receiving texts is fine, just ebay can't call me/get through to me for some reason.
Old 02-06-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

If you can reach yourself on the sims then the trouble is not with O2, it's with eBay.
You have the following options:
1. Purchase £10 per sim and ring eBay yourself. Stealth accounts are supposed to make you good money, but it also cost something in investment.

2. If you can only afford to spend very little, purchase sipgate basic + UK call package for £9.99.
There's an option to display a custom caller ID where you can enter any number you desire. It works well for eBay.

As regards your accounts getting suspended, I suspect eBay now uses advanced tracking technics and also tries to verify your data if anything is amiss. Amiss in this instance would be anything their overzealous bots picks up.
This is my theory based on observation - so don't take it as a final position.

Yes, you can block WebRTC. The trick is to do so naturally. Opera does this very well, and websites would not see this as sinister compared to using an addon for example.

You should also vary your font fingerprints on every VM. Don't just use the default fonts. You can use this font pack or any others you find online.

You should also block WebGL.
Don't block anything by addons. Use your browser command-line switch instead.

Other things you can do is use different versions of any browser of your choice. I'd stay away from chrome/google ecosystem entirely as it is bad for stealth, in my opinion. One of the many naughty things google does is that it syncs your directory structure and even your Windows account username back to chrome. And Google is in the information selling business. No other modern browser does that with your computer username. eBay cannot see your computer username even when you upload photos and you'd want to keep it that way.

Last edited by Pandoras_box; 02-06-2020 at 07:04 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pandoras_box For This Useful Post:
Estarossa (02-06-2020)
Old 02-06-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandoras_box View Post
If you can reach yourself on the sims then the trouble is not with O2, it's with eBay.
You have the following options:
1. Purchase £10 per sim and ring eBay yourself. Stealth accounts are supposed to make you good money, but it also cost something in investment.

2. If you can only afford to spend very little, purchase sipgate basic + UK call package for £9.99.
There's an option to display a custom caller ID where you can enter any number you desire. It works well for eBay.

As regards your accounts getting suspended, I suspect eBay now uses advanced tracking technics and also tries to verify your data if anything is amiss. Amiss in this instance would be anything their overzealous bots picks up.
This is my theory based on observation - so don't take it as a final position.

Yes, you can block WebRTC. The trick is to do so naturally. Opera does this very well, and websites would not see this as sinister compared to using an addon for example.

You should also vary your font fingerprints on every VM. Don't just use the default fonts. You can use this font pack or any others you find online.

You should also block WebGL.
Don't block anything by addons. Use your browser command-line switch instead.

Other things you can do is use different versions of any browser of your choice. I'd stay away from chrome/google ecosystem entirely as it is bad for stealth, in my opinion. One of the many naughty things google does is that it syncs your directory structure and even your Windows account username back to chrome. And Google is in the information selling business. No other modern browser does that with your computer username. eBay cannot see your computer username even when you upload photos and you'd want to keep it that way.
Hi purchasing £10 for each number is not feasible for me considering the amount of accounts i create/need. I will look into the second option that you provided, the custom call feature is very useful if working as advertised. I agree addons are no good and most mainstream browsers have built in features to block things like webrtc, you can type about:config and disable stuff and alter stuff in mozilla that way aswell. I try to vary my browsers, there's many portable browsers so i try not to always stick to mozilla.
I didn't think of changing Fonts and blocking webgl, not sure what it actually does but i will try it. I was already aware of chrome/google not being a good option, it's well known to be a "botnet" not in the literal sense but that basically you're giving your information away to Ebay and i learned this the hard way when dealing with amazon accounts. I was thinking whether ebay tracked mac id and i was thinking about looking for mac id spoofers, but it seems the general consensus on this forum is that they don't track mac id.
Thanks for the helpful information, i will certainly take it into consideration.

however regarding the 02 issue, it seems i'm unable to come to a solution. What i don't understand is that last year, the sims i ordered in bulk, they were fine with ebay being able to call me back, but this year i ordered 02 sims again in bulk and they came in a different packaging, i didn't think much of it but it seems there is an issue. 02 live chat aren't that helpful but i will continue to contact them and hopefully they can figure out the issue, otherwise i need a way to get bulk vodaphone sims, probably not as easy as using my basic script to automate the 02 sim ordering process on their website. The only way to confirm whether the issue is with ebay or 02 is to call the sim myself from an american number.
Old 02-06-2020

Activity: 10%
Longevity: 78%

Are you selling on eBay USA as you mention calling your sims from a USA number, that may be the issue.
Old 02-07-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by degsey69 View Post
Are you selling on eBay USA as you mention calling your sims from a USA number, that may be the issue.
When you request a call back from ebay on UK EBAY, the number they call from is in America. However if you choose the call us yourself option, it's 0345 number so possibly located in UK. Also Sipgate wants address verification, is there any alternative to this? i don't want to do such a thing + it takes 3-5 days.
Old 02-07-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estarossa View Post
When you request a call back from ebay on UK EBAY, the number they call from is in America. However if you choose the call us yourself option, it's 0345 number so possibly located in UK. Also Sipgate wants address verification, is there any alternative to this? i don't want to do such a thing + it takes 3-5 days.
I've called in a couple of times using the 0345 number and got a couple of very nice female reps based on the West Coast. That's all they can tell you about their location, they say. They have both given me good increases in my limits after a chin wag about the rubbish weather in the UK.

Maybe they like the accent?
Old 02-07-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I've called in a couple of times using the 0345 number and got a couple of very nice female reps based on the West Coast. That's all they can tell you about their location, they say. They have both given me good increases in my limits after a chin wag about the rubbish weather in the UK.

Maybe they like the accent?
Actually if you attach your verified paypal to ebay, the system recommends 100 item limit increase automatically to the rep, so i have 100% success rate in that regard, however that is me requesting a call back from ebay, that's not possible if the account is suspended. Hence why i am looking for a service that allows me to call ebay without revealing my number or atleast gives me option to spoof it, any service that doesn't require address verification to make calls like sipgate.
Old 02-08-2020
Executive [VIP]

If you are serious about your accounts, you will need to invest in them. A £10 spend per account is not a great deal of money in the grand scheme of things. A worthwhile investment if you ask me.

My calls to the 0345 number were not to increase from 10 items but from 500 on accounts that had grown naturally to this but had become 'stuck' at that for a few months. They increased my limit to 1500.
Old 02-08-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
If you are serious about your accounts, you will need to invest in them. A £10 spend per account is not a great deal of money in the grand scheme of things. A worthwhile investment if you ask me.

My calls to the 0345 number were not to increase from 10 items but from 500 on accounts that had grown naturally to this but had become 'stuck' at that for a few months. They increased my limit to 1500.
Selling limits nto really an issue for me, i'm fine with new accounts getting 100 and then naturally increasing. Look you are not the first person to say that £!0 per account is not a big deal, but why do so when there are services that you can pay £10 monthly subscription and make calls to multiple stealth accounts instead of just one. That's what i need, it's too bad skype isn't working and one app i found is very buggy and charges credit per call. Clearly no one wants to say what they are using which is typical of this forum since it's always been like this. No one wants to share any information at all!
Old 02-08-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Selling limits nto really an issue for me, i'm fine with new accounts getting 100 and then naturally increasing.
You seem to be contradicting yourself here as in your first post you are saying you need to call to increase your limits from 10 to 100.

There is plenty of good advice on this forum and all I am doing is offering my advice based on my own personal experience.

ASDA Mobile used to give you call time when you bought their sim. I think is was 10 minutes. Those sims were 50p to buy too. I don't know if that is still the case though.

I generally get good limits to start with so I have no need to call in. When I do get 10 item accounts, I list and sell 10. Not a problem for me as I know the limit will increase anyway, usually within a couple of months.
Old 02-09-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
You seem to be contradicting yourself here as in your first post you are saying you need to call to increase your limits from 10 to 100.

There is plenty of good advice on this forum and all I am doing is offering my advice based on my own personal experience.

ASDA Mobile used to give you call time when you bought their sim. I think is was 10 minutes. Those sims were 50p to buy too. I don't know if that is still the case though.

I generally get good limits to start with so I have no need to call in. When I do get 10 item accounts, I list and sell 10. Not a problem for me as I know the limit will increase anyway, usually within a couple of months.
No i haven't contradicted myself at all. I've already said that i request callbacks from ebay to increase my selling limits, obviously i can't do that now since ebay can't get through to me. So i can't get ebay to call me back which means i can't increase my selling limits, nor can i ask to be reinstated.
I always get 10 but it's not a problem for me since i usually call and get 100 straight away, even if my accounts did get 100 straight away or higher, 9/10 accounts are being suspended so i still have to try and reinstate by calling. I am aware of asda sims having 10 minutes but i can't seem to find any near me so i will have to keep searching i suppose. My personal phone/sim can call ebay for free since it's 0345 number which is covered by my package, however they can probably link me.

Last edited by Estarossa; 02-09-2020 at 12:44 PM.
Old 02-09-2020
Executive [VIP]

There's about 600 ASDA stores. Where are you? You don't have a location flag so some clarification is needed so members can try and advise. My guess is you are not in the UK?

Quote:
Selling limits nto really an issue for me, i'm fine with new accounts getting 100 and then naturally increasing.
This does seem to contradict this.

Quote:
I've already said that i request callbacks from ebay to increase my selling limits, obviously i can't do that now since ebay can't get through to me. So i can't get ebay to call me back which means i can't increase my selling limits, nor can i ask to be reinstated.
Old 02-09-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
There's about 600 ASDA stores. Where are you? You don't have a location flag so some clarification is needed so members can try and advise. My guess is you are not in the UK?

This does seem to contradict this.
Yes i do reside in the UK, near Manchester and i'm aware there are many ASDA stores, there's a storm currently so forgive me for not wanting to travel far. Regardless, i think i may have found another solution with skype and caller i.d in my other thread, and besides the 10 minutes probably not enough, considering there's a wait of anywhere between 1-7 minutes usually and then they can take a while "investigating" while they put you on hold, etc, regardless thanks anyway. And for anyone reading the thread looking for a solution aswell. And regarding the "contradiction", just a confusion on words, since you can't get 100 items on new accounts without calling or requesting a callback, you can get 500 without calling however which i have learned how to do today.
These are known to work
-Swytch mobile app
-Skype with caller i.d enabled (currently can get a free trial to uk numbers so completely free to call)
-Spoofcall (best solution to hide your number but more expensive than others)

Last edited by Estarossa; 02-09-2020 at 05:07 PM.
Old 02-09-2020

Longevity: 83%

Hi, can i ask, when you phoned in to eBay with a withheld number, does this work against you?

This is how I have verifed in past and usually my 1st limit increase is usually from 10 to 100.

How do you get from 10 to 500? Is this from allowing eBay to phone you for verification?

Thanks
Old 02-10-2020
Executive [VIP]

I mostly get 1000/£10000 with a business account with the occassional 10/£750 now and again. I've never had a 500 item account.

If your in the UK and you're having problems with getting a call back to O2 numbers then, as previously mentioned, there must be a problem on ebay's side.

I get Vodafone sims sent to me from them. They're free. Accept incoming calls and texts straight away without adding any credit. From memory, EE do as well. ASDA use the EE network.
Old 02-10-2020

Longevity: 83%

To clarify, if I open a new account and change it to business account, right off the bat you can get 1000 items? or you need to phone to verify to get the 1000 items?