eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon-suspensions/)
-   -   Sleepercell accounts, downgrading / upgrading to pro requires docs again? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon-suspensions/115625-sleepercell-accounts-downgrading-upgrading-pro-requires-docs-again.html)

Canadianleaf 02-27-2018 01:20 PM

Sleepercell accounts, downgrading / upgrading to pro requires docs again?

I have some pro seller accounts I want to downgrade to individual so im not paying monthly professional seller fees. I will keep them in a dormant sleeper cell status.

My question is, if I downgrade then down the road upgrade to professional seller again will this require seller performance review and documentation review again?

I had a thread a while ago which mentioned a similiar situation but I have not been able to find it yet.

elmo 02-27-2018 03:48 PM

Re: Sleepercell accounts, downgrading / upgrading to pro requires docs again?

You will most likely be asked for docs/verification again once you upgrade back to pro.

Best to avoid doing downgrades because of this reason.

I have seen some stores not ask for docs again after the beginning, but those are stores that had established sales/history as an individual store before upgrading.

SaiJin 02-27-2018 05:46 PM

you can downgrade it, but just have the same papers ready when you need them, if they ever ask for it.

tatersalad 02-27-2018 08:40 PM

This just happened to me on two of my accounts. Both over a year old and approved in restricted categories. Upgraded to professional seller plan and listed a few products. Next day got the verification request. Had to shuffle a bit to make it work but it took a lot of time and effort. Don't downgrade. It's not worth it in my opinion.

dachilla 02-28-2018 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmo (Post 903991)
You will most likely be asked for docs/verification again once you upgrade back to pro.

Best to avoid doing downgrades because of this reason.

I have seen some stores not ask for docs again after the beginning, but those are stores that had established sales/history as an individual store before upgrading.

Does this apply to verified EU seller accounts too?

Canadianleaf 03-02-2018 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dachilla (Post 904085)
Does this apply to verified EU seller accounts too?

I am assuming here but I would say the practice would be the same on all marketplaces.

e2free 03-02-2018 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadianleaf (Post 904532)
Just a preface, the "sleeper cell" account I am referring to was made in 2017. The ID I provided would not pass for accounts made now-a-days for reasons I will not discuss here.

Here's a question:

1) If I downgrade to individual seller and upgrade to professional in 6 months and they request ID again will they compare the ID I provide to prior ID I uploaded when I opened the account?

No dont think they will ask ID again since its not verified account, but this may trigger full verification

why dont you try on one account and also share your experience here?

Canadianleaf 03-02-2018 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e2free (Post 904551)
No dont think they will ask ID again since its not verified account, but this may trigger full verification

What.

From my understanding its already verified because I provided them with ID / bank statements when I created the account in 2017, therefore to me its "Verified".

alim 03-02-2018 07:02 PM

I would advise against downgrading
verifying the account again is lesser of an issue than getting locked out of restricted categories because youre selling in a category that has gated a lot of products that cant even be unlocked with invoices hence paying the monthly fees is a small cost of retaining that business

e2free 03-02-2018 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadianleaf (Post 904700)
What.

From my understanding its already verified because I provided them with ID / bank statements when I created the account in 2017, therefore to me its "Verified".

I am not sure about us accounts but in Uk they ask for id bank statement when open the account and give 15k to sell on account but after they they again ask id and loads of other documents to verify fully

If you just provided id and bank statement when you opened the account don't think it's verified

Maybe it's different then UK I am sure other usa expert will reply

Canadianleaf 03-07-2018 05:42 PM

I downgraded today. The limited sales on the account does not justify the subscription from a business perspective. If I "activate" this sleeper-cell in the future to a professional again and Amazon requests ID again I will deal with it at that time.

I think I will switch to long term 24vc subscription as well. Ive had cases in the past where I acted too soon on new accounts and actived long term yearly 24vc subscriptions only to be suspended a few weeks later which is just pissing away money.

Noworries445 03-07-2018 09:24 PM

You will have to re provide the docs if you downgrade then re upgrade.

mrcrosby 06-23-2018 09:38 AM

This has changed.Before amazon would ask for docs everytime you upgrade,but now they dont.

yankee 06-23-2018 09:43 AM

based on this thread, it seems the only way to find out is by testing yourself.

SaiJin 06-25-2018 10:50 AM

Since you already downgraded, how about trying to upgrade again right now and see what happens?