New Amazon Seller Account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon > Amazon Suspensions

Amazon Suspensions Amazon Suspension. General issues related to Amazon Suspensions. Mostly geared towards Amazon.com.

Old 10-16-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 26%
Default New Amazon Seller Account

I just attempted to sign up for my new seller account on Amazon. I went through the phone and email verification successfully and then it had a step 5 (which I never had to go through when creating my individual seller account around a year ago) which asked for a document (passport, driver's license, etc) and a statement or letter from my bank. Since this is a business account, I provided my passport and a letter from my new business account bank proving verification of that account (there is no statement since it is only two weeks old). The final message displayed "thank you for your interest in selling on Amazon, we may be in touch with you for additional verification within 1-2 business days". Does anyone know what additional verification they could mean and if this is a good or bad thing?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-16-2019
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 54%
Default Re: New Amazon Seller Account

Thats nornal with all the accounts, if its real ID then it will pass in next 24 hours if not then say good bye
The Following User Says Thank You to e2free For This Useful Post:
Skiwee10 (10-16-2019)
Old 10-16-2019
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%

Sounds normal.
Give it 1 day, if after 4 days you didn't get a response, let us know.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
Skiwee10 (10-16-2019)
Old 10-16-2019
Threadstarter  

Thank you everyone. No reply yet but it's only been around 12 hours. No shared information as the last seller account they never asked me for any form of identification.
Old 10-16-2019
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 33%

That's normal, give them 2-3 days

Expect another request for utility bill / business license shortly after you are verified
The Following User Says Thank You to Beautiful For This Useful Post:
Skiwee10 (10-17-2019)
Old 10-17-2019
Threadstarter  

It looks like I'm on the right path, the only problem is Amazon wants a picture of both the front and back of my passport but only allows you to upload one picture.

For bank account verification purposes my account is only 2 weeks old so I don't yet have a statement. I created a case with seller support and uploaded an account verification letter confirming my account from the bank and took screenshots of the requested information regarding requested banking details (see email from Amazon below) and converted them into PDF form since they don't allow screenshots. I also uploaded a picture of the front and back of my passport. Hopefully seller support can get this to the right department for verification?

Beautiful- It states they no longer accept utility bills for verification purposes.

Email from Amazon:

"Dear Seller,

As part of our commitment to providing a more secure and trusted marketplace for our buyers and sellers, we recently asked you to provide documentation that confirms your account information. We were unable to verify the information you provided and are requesting that you resubmit the information so we can complete our review and activate your account.

These guidelines cover common scenarios that will help us review your documentation:.

For national ID cards, both sides of the card must be submitted in one digital file.
Each document must be clearly readable in its entirety without any blurry information or camera flash reflections.
The information you enter into the verification form (such as your ID number or name) must match the information on the documents you submit.
If we ask you to provide a bank account or credit card statement, we are unable to accept screenshots. The digital statement file must include:
The bank's name, logo, and address
The account holder's name
The date the statement was issued (must be issued in the past 180 days)
We are currently unable to accept these documents for verification:
Bank passbook (except in India and Japan)
Utility bills (for example, electricity or natural gas bills)
Business registration certificate
Photo of a credit card
MS Word file (file extension .doc or .docx)"
Old 10-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

Standard reply for passport they only need 1 photo of the page
Skiwee10 (10-17-2019)
Old 10-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Best of luck OP
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Skiwee10 (10-17-2019)
Old 10-17-2019
Threadstarter  

Hello all,

I received another reply from Amazon and it is pasted below. I assume the passport passed since they don't mention that? (I included two separate pictures of the front and back)

I emailed my bank to see if they could get me a statement of some kind to get to Amazon however the account is only two weeks old so my first statement will not be available until November 4th (according to the website) It's looking like all that Amazon will accept is a bank statement (see email from them below) so unless anyone here has any suggestions? I assume I'll just have to wait and see if my bank can do anything or wait until November 4th and upload the bank statement. My credit card is with the same bank so it is only two weeks old as well.

Email from Amazon -

"Hello,

We could not verify the document you provided as we only accept bank and credit card statements. You may remove balances/amounts information, but the rest of the document must be visible.

Within the next 30 days, please upload a bank or credit card statement to the verification section of Seller Central. The document must show the information listed below:

-- Name
-- Billing address
-- Bank information
-- Issue date

You need to upload all of the documents outlined in Seller Central, even those we were able to verify.

If we do not receive the required documents within the next 30 days, you may not be allowed to sell on Amazon.com, Amazon.ca, and Amazon.com.mx.

Please do not attach documents to the case. For security reasons, we only accept documents uploaded via the verification section of Seller Central.

We look forward to hearing from you soon,

Seller Identity Verification
Amazon Seller Support"
Old 10-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiwee10 View Post
Hello all,

I received another reply from Amazon and it is pasted below. I assume the passport passed since they don't mention that? (I included two separate pictures of the front and back)

I emailed my bank to see if they could get me a statement of some kind to get to Amazon however the account is only two weeks old so my first statement will not be available until November 4th (according to the website) It's looking like all that Amazon will accept is a bank statement (see email from them below) so unless anyone here has any suggestions? I assume I'll just have to wait and see if my bank can do anything or wait until November 4th and upload the bank statement. My credit card is with the same bank so it is only two weeks old as well.

Email from Amazon -

"Hello,

We could not verify the document you provided as we only accept bank and credit card statements. You may remove balances/amounts information, but the rest of the document must be visible.

Within the next 30 days, please upload a bank or credit card statement to the verification section of Seller Central. The document must show the information listed below:

-- Name
-- Billing address
-- Bank information
-- Issue date

You need to upload all of the documents outlined in Seller Central, even those we were able to verify.

If we do not receive the required documents within the next 30 days, you may not be allowed to sell on Amazon.com, Amazon.ca, and Amazon.com.mx.

Please do not attach documents to the case. For security reasons, we only accept documents uploaded via the verification section of Seller Central.

We look forward to hearing from you soon,

Seller Identity Verification
Amazon Seller Support"
Yes but you need to uplaod again and if you see in your seller centre it will also say rejected, if you provide them bank statment they will accept it
Even after verified your identity and account opened you will get another request for utility bill from performance team
Good luck
Skiwee10 (10-17-2019)
Old 10-17-2019
Threadstarter  

Thank you for the information. I'll upload the bank statement when it's available on November 4th then I assume I will have several days to upload a utility bill?
Old 10-17-2019

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiwee10 View Post
I just attempted to sign up for my new seller account on Amazon. I went through the phone and email verification successfully and then it had a step 5 (which I never had to go through when creating my individual seller account around a year ago) which asked for a document (passport, driver's license, etc) and a statement or letter from my bank. Since this is a business account, I provided my passport and a letter from my new business account bank proving verification of that account (there is no statement since it is only two weeks old). The final message displayed "thank you for your interest in selling on Amazon, we may be in touch with you for additional verification within 1-2 business days". Does anyone know what additional verification they could mean and if this is a good or bad thing?
update please, I want to create a new seller account too
Old 10-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovasquez40 View Post
update please, I want to create a new seller account too
Only been a day or so
Old 10-17-2019