Question regarding address on invoice - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon > Amazon Suspensions

Amazon Suspensions Amazon Suspension. General issues related to Amazon Suspensions. Mostly geared towards Amazon.com.

Old 05-31-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default Question regarding address on invoice

Technical question for an invoice. Fighting suspension for inauthentic, 2 items.
Tried sending my store receipts but was not accepted, I assume because they are receipts rather than invoices, and don't show Buyer address, etc.

Created invoices out of the receipts, used the receipts numbers, however, changed quantities to more on one invoice that way I didn't have to make 10 different invoices and maybe that was a mistake in case they call to verify. My thinking was if they called the store to verify and gave invoice number, perhaps they would pass verification if the amounts match the invoice/receipt number.

In either case, the invoice didn't pass and they are asking again for more info. Here is Amazon's response:

"We received your submission but do not have enough information to reactivate your account at this time.

Please send the following information for the items listed at the end of this email:
-- Supplier information (name, phone number, address, website)
-- Buyer information (name, phone number, address, website)
-- Item descriptions (for ease of our review, you may highlight or circle the ASIN(s) under review)
-- Item quantities
-- Invoice date (must be issued in the last 365 days)
--Invoice date (must be issued in the last 365 days and before )

You can only send .pdf, .jpg, .png, or .gif files. These documents must be authentic and unaltered. You may remove pricing information, but the rest of the document must be visible. For ease of our review, you may highlight or circle the ASIN(s) under review.

How do I send the required information?
Please submit this information by replying to this email."

Trying to figure out why it didn't pass. I have two guesses, maybe you can help me figure this out:

1. The account was created outside of the USA. It sells FBA in the USA. It has "ship from" and "return address" settings in the account with an address that is in the USA. However, the account legal address is out of the country. The invoices I created were using the USA address (currently only listed in the return merchandise under the account) and didn't mention the out of the USA address. The company name and person name still matched of course. My guess is that they were looking for the inventory to be shipped to the legal company address used on the account, which is outside of the USA.

2. The invoice I created used one of the receipts number as an invoice number, however, I had changed the quantities of the item in question, and the total $ on the receipt. My guess is they called to verify, and gave the invoice number, and the store said it didn't match to the total on the receipt and total items and etc, or even address since it was never shipped to an address but was picked up in person.

Anyone that can shed more light on this, I would greatly appreciate it as I really need to get this account back up and running, it has a ton of inventory sitting there.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-31-2020
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Question regarding address on invoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
FBA is fullfillment by AMZN?
Yes, Fulfillment by Amazon. All of our inventory is hosted by Amazon, and we have found that it works better for us with the type of inventory we sell. Also much easier to remove bad seller feedback and etc issues. Amazon seems to be very critical on 3rd party Sellers when it comes to packaging, shipping, timeliness, or mistakes, however, if they are the ones fulfilling the orders, they seem to be giving themselves slack lol
Old 05-31-2020
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 33%

Hard to know, several possible situations

It could be a situation where they are less inclined to reinstate shops that have foreign info, we have seen other unique situations where foreign info has a harder time getting reinstated

It could be that they want the invoices to have all the names/addresses on the account

Or even the POA was missing key information that wasn't fully addressed in the POA statement
Old 05-31-2020
Threadstarter  

Also one interesting point is the invoices had the real store name, address, and phone number where the purchases were made. However, due to COVID 19 most stores were closed and phones were NOT answered. That gave me peace of mind that if they tried to verify, it would be practically impossible during these times to actually verify any invoice. Them not accepting the invoices leads me to believe that perhaps the real culprit wasn't that they didn't pass verification, but maybe that the address used as Buyer was not the legal address on the account. I don't know, curious to know if someone else here has more information regarding using more than one address on a business - such as warehouse address, corporate address, office addresses and etc. Many of my businesses actually have more than one address. The problem is maybe that I should've add that address to the "legal address" section of my account ahead of time?
Old 05-31-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
so you are using AMZN fullfiment,and shipping your goods to its warehouse.
But you keep talking about store,store closed and store receipt?
are you buying from another retailer?
as a retailer yourself,one would expect you to buy from wholesaler/manufacturer,not another retailer like yourself.
But this may not be your problem,what AMZN is looking for is authencity of your goods you want to sell on its venue and kept in its warehouse.
You know the latest of what happens to fullfillment center,seller and sales venue when goods are counterfeit,stolen or smuggled into the country .
Yes sorry if it sounds confusing. I use Retail Arbitrage. It's a practice looked down on by Amazon, but alive and well. You basically go to a store and purchase an item that you later resell. Authenticity is NOT an issue of course, since you are usually buying directly from the Company Store. So for an example, you would go to the Apple Store and purchase an Apple iPhone. You then sell it on Amazon using FBA (ship it to their fulfillment center, and when the item sells Amazon fulfills the order from the inventory that you sent there). However, from every 200 sales, usually one customer would cry "Inauthentic" and would return the item to amazon. Sometimes they would return other broken or ⊗⊗⊗⊗ item pretending it was the one you sold them. Now you know that there is no margin for error since you personally picked up every iPhone at the Apple store, and you personally packaged it and sent it to Amazon. So no way anyone would get a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ iPhone from you, unless you believe that the local Apple Store sells ⊗⊗⊗⊗. However, there would still be plenty of people that would complain that they received "inauthentic". Don't ask me why, I've been selling for 10 years on Amazon, it's just how it works if you sell any famous Brand Name merchandise. It's a thing. Sometimes it's scamming customers on Amazon, sometimes it's another competing Seller trying to bring your business down, who knows but it happens all the time. I've lost probably 20 different accounts over the years. Sometimes I manage to get them back for awhile, but inevitably it continues to happen until the account is caput and you no longer can get it back.

That's why most people shy away from Retail Arbitrage, and try to go with their own product. So when I refer to a "store", i'm talking about the Apple Store, or whatever factory store I buy from. Receipt is usually the store receipt, as you don't get an invoice when you buy in person.
Old 09-10-2020

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 34%

The reason is that Amazon does not accept the invoice you are providing them. They know how a legit one should look like for your product. They want a legit invoice from an authorized wholesale supplier that's all...