Deactivated Account due to credit card wrong address - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon > Amazon Suspensions

Amazon Suspensions Amazon Suspension. General issues related to Amazon Suspensions. Mostly geared towards Amazon.com.

Old 12-01-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 13%
Default Deactivated Account due to credit card wrong address

Hi all,

I am new to this forum but have been lurking on it for awhile so please bare with me. A few weeks back I registered as a new seller for amazon after following all the steps one by one and going through the process of opening LLC and opening a bank account under it, as well as getting a virtual mailing address.

A few minutes after I registered for my Amazon account, I received the following email and my account got deactivated with the following email:

You are receiving this email because you recently applied to sell on Amazon or you recently changed information on your seller account.

If you recently applied to sell on Amazon: At this moment, we are not able to verify your account, so your account cannot be activated. We need additional documentation to verify your identity. Please follow the steps under “How do I proceed with my application or reactivate my account?"

If you currently sell on Amazon: For your security, we have suspended your Amazon seller account. We need to verify a change to your payment methods. If you did not make this change, contact Seller Support. During our review, you will not be able to sell on Amazon. Please ship any open orders. If you have any funds in your account, they will be available after any amounts paid for A-to-Z claims or chargebacks on your orders have been deducted. This usually takes about 90 days, but funds may be held longer.

How do I proceed with my application or reactivate my account?
Confirm you have a valid credit card on file.
Provide the following documents:
A bill that is dated within the last 90 days for piped or natural gas, electricity, piped water, or internet service with name and address visible.
Business license, if applicable.
Make sure the files are in .pdf, .png, or .gif format. These documents must be authentic and unaltered, and the name and address on the document must match the name and address you provided during registration.
Submit your documents by following this link.

So a couple things here I think I messed up on, and need some guidance if it can be undone. When submitting a credit card info, the card I gave them was a credit card on my personal name which I didn't use when I got suspended a couple years back. But because I didn't get time to change the address on my card, I put in my business address although it was connected to my home address. Would this trigger anything on their end and connect with my old account, even if I gave them a different address? Is amazon able to reverse engineer somehow and find the actual address on that card instead of just declining it straight away?

I never received an email that the payment was declined, which is odd. I did submit a utility bill of my business address along with business certificate but haven't heard back from Amazon.
My other card which I was supposed to originally use with my business address got expired and I am waiting for the new card. If I enter the new card once received as change payment method, can this be resolved? Their email says to reach out to support but whenever I open a case I get an email right away stating I am using the wrong channel even though I am not (I think). I have not been waiting for 3 weeks.

Any help would be appreciated.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-01-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Deactivated Account due to credit card wrong address

Welcome to the forum OP - all the best as you master ghost

Seems like a mess to reinstate so not worth the time. Where did you get the virtual mailing address from? If it's one of those online providers....quite possibly it's been burned to the max...
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (12-02-2021)
Old 12-02-2021
Threadstarter  

Thank you for your response!

If I decide to now go for a new account, what all will I need to change considering I registered this LLC here in Canada for $200 and used the rest of the info towards it. Can I change address, IP, ID (but same name), phone number. But still use the same LLC?

Not sure what you mean by online providers, but they do have a phisical office and multiple locations across Canada for the mails to be received. Amazon sent me an activation code there as well to confirm my address which they then scanned and sent it to me. I don't think the mailing address is an issue here but the credit card might be, but I could be wrong.
Old 12-03-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 33%

You have to use entirely new information - make sure you don't re-use any previously used info that can get you linked
Old 12-03-2021
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homely View Post
Hi all,

I am new to this forum but have been lurking on it for awhile so please bare with me. A few weeks back I registered as a new seller for amazon after following all the steps one by one and going through the process of opening LLC and opening a bank account under it, as well as getting a virtual mailing address.

A few minutes after I registered for my Amazon account, I received the following email and my account got deactivated with the following email:

You are receiving this email because you recently applied to sell on Amazon or you recently changed information on your seller account.

If you recently applied to sell on Amazon: At this moment, we are not able to verify your account, so your account cannot be activated. We need additional documentation to verify your identity. Please follow the steps under “How do I proceed with my application or reactivate my account?"

If you currently sell on Amazon: For your security, we have suspended your Amazon seller account. We need to verify a change to your payment methods. If you did not make this change, contact Seller Support. During our review, you will not be able to sell on Amazon. Please ship any open orders. If you have any funds in your account, they will be available after any amounts paid for A-to-Z claims or chargebacks on your orders have been deducted. This usually takes about 90 days, but funds may be held longer.

How do I proceed with my application or reactivate my account?
Confirm you have a valid credit card on file.
Provide the following documents:
A bill that is dated within the last 90 days for piped or natural gas, electricity, piped water, or internet service with name and address visible.
Business license, if applicable.
Make sure the files are in .pdf, .png, or .gif format. These documents must be authentic and unaltered, and the name and address on the document must match the name and address you provided during registration.
Submit your documents by following this link.

So a couple things here I think I messed up on, and need some guidance if it can be undone. When submitting a credit card info, the card I gave them was a credit card on my personal name which I didn't use when I got suspended a couple years back. But because I didn't get time to change the address on my card, I put in my business address although it was connected to my home address. Would this trigger anything on their end and connect with my old account, even if I gave them a different address? Is amazon able to reverse engineer somehow and find the actual address on that card instead of just declining it straight away?

I never received an email that the payment was declined, which is odd. I did submit a utility bill of my business address along with business certificate but haven't heard back from Amazon.
My other card which I was supposed to originally use with my business address got expired and I am waiting for the new card. If I enter the new card once received as change payment method, can this be resolved? Their email says to reach out to support but whenever I open a case I get an email right away stating I am using the wrong channel even though I am not (I think). I have not been waiting for 3 weeks.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hmm... first make sure you follow the steps in Amazon Ghost
second while you create the account, ask questions in the forum so we can guide you.
Old 12-03-2021

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

sounds like they cannot verify your credit card,the street number and zipcode do not match with the address you give AMZN.
The Following User Says Thank You to agent006140 For This Useful Post:
Homely (12-05-2021)
Old 12-05-2021
Threadstarter  

I would have thought that I would have received a notification such as that the payment didn't go through.

I am expecting to receive my new CC in a week with the correct address. Do you think if I change the payment info it can be reactivated? Is there a way to reach amazon once new CC is entered to have them verify again?
Old 12-05-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 54%

Quote:
I would have thought that I would have received a notification such as that the payment didn't go through.

I am expecting to receive my new CC in a week with the correct address. Do you think if I change the payment info it can be reactivated? Is there a way to reach amazon once new CC is entered to have them verify again?
Nope you have to provide them what they asking no other way to fix this
Old 12-20-2021
Threadstarter  

Hi all,
Wanted to provide everyone an update in case it helps anyone in the future.
Since my last response, i had sent amazon a message using the tab where i submitted my documents to get an update on my verification. The next day they sent me an invite to set up the video interview. Once that was complete my account was verified in 80 hours.
But after when i went to list an item it said my credit card is not verified. After confirming with my credit card that it works with amazon and has my business address with personal name, opened a case with amazon. After a couple of follow-ups they said they are looking at it internally. Just today morning got an update and my account is now good to go and able to list items.
Thank you for the help!
Old 12-20-2021
Super Moderator

What did they ask you during a video interview?

I assume you gave them your real ID?
Old 12-22-2021
Threadstarter  

Yes, showed them my passport which I used for sign up. That's the only thing they checked. Even though I had printed out all other documents, the lady said she already had a look at all my documents before the call and everything looked good and I will get an email within 72 hours.
2 years back when my account got suspended I had used my drivers license, so used a passport this time.
Old 12-25-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Yes, showed them my passport which I used for sign up. That's the only thing they checked. Even though I had printed out all other documents, the lady said she already had a look at all my documents before the call and everything looked good and I will get an email within 72 hours.
2 years back when my account got suspended I had used my drivers license, so used a passport this time.
Yes its mainly ID document they interested in, so your account activated?
Old 12-26-2021
Threadstarter  

Yes, running fine now.
Old 12-27-2021
Super Moderator