eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon-suspensions/)
-   -   Account was suspended, then Amazon refunded all the sales ever made on the account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon-suspensions/149943-account-suspended-then-amazon-refunded-all-sales-ever-made-account.html)

amzrocket 03-18-2023 02:21 PM

Account was suspended, then Amazon refunded all the sales ever made on the account

So long story short.
- Account was suspended a while ago
- Appeals were not accepted
- After some time Amazon decided to refund every order ever sold on that account (hundreds of refund initiated emails)
- Result is an account with a huge negative balance

My question is what's going to happen here? The linked credit card and bank account have been closed, and the associated corporation will be closed soon as the only purpose for that corporation was to have an Amazon seller account, and any slim hope of reinstatement is now pretty much zero. If they send the account to collections how does that work?

degsey69 03-18-2023 05:02 PM

Re: Account was suspended, then Amazon refunded all the sales ever made on the accoun

Best advice here is to pay a bankruptcy lawyer to liquidate the company, if Amazon is the only creditor even better. My worry is that your product was counterfeit and that was why they refunded the buyers, this legal route is the best in this circumstance in case they want to pierce the corporate and hold you personally responsible.

amzrocket 03-18-2023 07:37 PM

Re: Account was suspended, then Amazon refunded all the sales ever made on the accoun

Quote:

Originally Posted by degsey69 (Post 1213234)
Best advice here is to pay a bankruptcy lawyer to liquidate the company, if Amazon is the only creditor even better. My worry is that your product was counterfeit and that was why they refunded the buyers, this legal route is the best in this circumstance in case they want to pierce the corporate and hold you personally responsible.

Explaining the situation to an attorney sounds like a good idea, thanks.

murdered_by_ebay 03-18-2023 08:08 PM

you should wait and do nothing , it is likely no action will be taken by amazon apart from trying to charge cards and bank accounts on file

the only thing that might be reasonable is either dissolving the company or if the amounts are large and you are scared you could transfer ownership of the company to someone else , for example a homeless or a drug addict. there is no lack of such people in the US , they all need money and have nothing to lose

degsey69 03-19-2023 02:47 AM

I have been in the same position as the OP and my advice to seek legal advice is the best avenue to take, especially in the USA.

amzrocket 03-19-2023 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by degsey69 (Post 1213260)
I have been in the same position as the OP and my advice to seek legal advice is the best avenue to take, especially in the USA.

Any idea what triggered Amazon to issue the mass refunds? Must the rights owner have gotten involved? I can't imagine they would do it on their own since chances are Amazon ends up being the one footing the bill for the refunds, as if you reverse all of a seller's sales that company will be bankrupt almost every time.

degsey69 03-19-2023 12:10 PM

If they refunded all the sales the the original rights owner would have contacted Amazon. If it is counterfeit product then you will have broken Federal and State laws and if imported FTC rules as well, that is why a bankruptcy lawyer is essential to wind up the corporation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amzrocket (Post 1213315)
Any idea what triggered Amazon to issue the mass refunds? Must the rights owner have gotten involved? I can't imagine they would do it on their own since chances are Amazon ends up being the one footing the bill for the refunds, as if you reverse all of a seller's sales that company will be bankrupt almost every time.

agent006140 03-19-2023 04:09 PM

when you list items,did AMZN ask you to agree what it can do if items turned out to be counterfeit?
I just relisted some items,and AMZN made me agree on what will happen if they are not authentic,counterfeit etc,I did not read all the details as I am just listing books.
You may h ave agreed to allow AMZN to refund all when you sign up or list certain items

amzrocket 03-19-2023 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1213331)
when you list items,did AMZN ask you to agree what it can do if items turned out to be counterfeit?
I just relisted some items,and AMZN made me agree on what will happen if they are not authentic,counterfeit etc,I did not read all the details as I am just listing books.
You may h ave agreed to allow AMZN to refund all when you sign up or list certain items

I didn't read the Business Solutions Agreement that you have to agree to when you sign up for an Amazon seller account, but I'm pretty sure it gives them the right to do whatever they want more or less. (And that applies to everything, not just specific ASINs).

agent006140 03-19-2023 10:24 PM

I sell mostly books on AMZN,they are all authentic,I find it hard to think anyone will ⊗⊗⊗⊗ BOOKS?
Anyway a while back,AMZN sent me an email which I ignored,it turns out that now publishers are asking AMZN to verify sellers who sell their books,and most of my listings were removed !because I did not respond.
So today,I have to relist all these books,quite a few of them,I need to ask permission ,watch a video showing how to tell ⊗⊗⊗⊗,then agree what AMZN could do if I sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or counterfeit,like they could suspend my account,remove all my listings bla bla bla/
A few books,I am not even allowed to list,and there is nothing special about these books,so the publisher is the one behind it.
YOU MAY want to take a closer look at your AMZN agreement and some of your items.

agent006140 03-19-2023 10:29 PM

years ago,a Thai graduate student was selling American books on internet printed in Thailand which are much cheaper than the identical ones printed in USA.
Then the publisher took him to court,it was rather controversial,like the Thai student owns the books no matter where it was printed and should be able to sell wherever he wants.