Unreal. Amazon now asking for ID for new US Buyer Accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Amazon Tracking

Amazon Tracking General discussions on Amazon tracking, browser cookies, flash objects, browser fingerprinting and more.

Old 07-02-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 39%
Default Unreal. Amazon now asking for ID for new US Buyer Accounts

Unbelievable. Amazon is asking me for a photocopy of my ID for a normal US Buyer Account opened with a gift card and all the usual stealth precautions were taken. Been doing this for years and only just now are they asking. I can't believe they expect new customers to show there ID.

BEWARE!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-02-2017

Longevity: 40%
Default Re: Unreal. Amazon now asking for ID for new US Buyer Accounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikachU View Post
Unbelievable. Amazon is asking me for a photocopy of my ID for a normal US Buyer Account opened with a gift card and all the usual stealth precautions were taken. Been doing this for years and only just now are they asking. I can't believe they expect new customers to show there ID.

BEWARE!
Amazon is getting stictier recently.

My 4-year-old real-info buyer account got locked and asked for credit card statement about a gift card attached. Apparently there is no statement for many gift cards. They finally unlocked me after I called everyday for a week and reached a manager.

My brand new seller account also got suspended for seller performance issue right after my products arrived at the FBA center and before I have a chance to sell any single one to customer. After my appeal saying that I havent sell anything yet so there is no reason for seller preformance concern , they suspended further and never replied.
Old 07-02-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

I expect its to do with the gift card you are using

Its unlikely that if you used a real debit or credit card they would hit you with an ID check
Old 07-02-2017
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
I expect its to do with the gift card you are using

Its unlikely that if you used a real debit or credit card they would hit you with an ID check
nope... my gift card was paid with cash at my local market.

but. i think you might be right about the debit/credit card. i noticed for my already made accounts ; today i can't put in orders unless my card is chosen. usually i was able to deselect my ⊗⊗⊗⊗ cc. Amazon won't allow me to checkout an order even if i have gift card funds that are more than adequate to fill the order amount. there getting sooo... strict.
Old 07-02-2017

Longevity: 44%

Put the first 6 into this tool (https://www.bindb.com/), if it detects as a prepaid (gift) which it 100% will there is no reason why Amazon would not be able to see this.

Given MOST usual customers would not use a prepaid card to sign up, its a step they may now be taking to reduce fraud. Time to adapt, and sort of your documentation prior to opening an account.
Old 07-02-2017

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikachU View Post
nope... my gift card was paid with cash at my local market.

but. i think you might be right about the debit/credit card. i noticed for my already made accounts ; today i can't put in orders unless my card is chosen. usually i was able to deselect my ⊗⊗⊗⊗ cc. Amazon won't allow me to checkout an order even if i have gift card funds that are more than adequate to fill the order amount. there getting sooo... strict.
Next account you create make a normal purchase / browse for a bit before adding a GC. You will have better luck.
Old 07-02-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK81 View Post
Given MOST usual customers would not use a prepaid card to sign up, its a step they may now be taking to reduce fraud. Time to adapt, and sort of your documentation prior to opening an account.
Exactly what I expect has happened.