Trying to get on Amazon? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 09-08-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Trying to get on Amazon?

Amazon denied us immediately and stated they won't tell me exactly why.

I used a different (older) computer (which I don't think (almost positive) has ever logged into Amazon.

1) used the internal modem.

2) New address (a walmart far far away)

3) New mobile telephone number (again never called amazon).

4) a simon gift card all made up with the correct info.

As soon as we tried to sell (sometime we never sold before) Amazon immediately came back and said we were denied and stated they won't give a reason.

Does any know if Amazon is allowing Simon gift cards?

Any thing else I might be doing wrong?

HELP?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-08-2009

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
(which I don't think (almost positive) has ever logged into Amazon.
If that computer has ever logged onto Amazon from a previous suspended IP, it will be known to them!

Amazon only tracks freely available information.

IP Range, OS, Browser, telephone numbers (I find using a landline holds an account better).

eBay is EASY to get back on (since finding this forum I have NEVER had a linked account) but Amazon is a whole different ball game, but it is a challenge I am looking forward too!

Try emailing them saying "I have never had an amazon account! Why you saying these things?"

I have had an account reinstated this way (Only 1 mind!)

They shoot first, ask questions later, although most of the time they don't ask questions, just leave you to bleed!
Old 09-08-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

2) New address (a walmart far far away)

Are you kidding me? Do you think Amazon doesn't know that is a Walmart address? Come on now.
Old 09-08-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

No kidding on #3. If there's anything we've learned, we've learned that Amazon's not stupid, and yes, referring to #2, they do shoot first and don't ask later. If you're honest, I guess you're supposed to get up, slap on a bandage, and start begging for your account!

For address, why not just pick a house or apartment address? Amazon never mails anything to sellers. And don't make it far away, stuff should make sense to bots or some Amazon Seller performance dude looking at all this stuff.
Old 09-09-2009
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the info. However does Amazon allow simon gift cards to be used to start a seller account??

Thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovidiu View Post
No kidding on #3. If there's anything we've learned, we've learned that Amazon's not stupid, and yes, referring to #2, they do shoot first and don't ask later. If you're honest, I guess you're supposed to get up, slap on a bandage, and start begging for your account!

For address, why not just pick a house or apartment address? Amazon never mails anything to sellers. And don't make it far away, stuff should make sense to bots or some Amazon Seller performance dude looking at all this stuff.
Old 09-09-2009

Longevity: 85%

Yep. It does state so on seller info you can sign up only with US credit or gift card (I signed up with simon gift card). Of course, along with bank account.
Old 09-09-2009

My current amazon account was suspended last night!

I appealed, as I said in a previous post only one has ever been reinstated....

Got an email saying I am under 30 day review, and sorry for the inconvience caused!

Hopefully, after the review, I shouldn't get linked....Should I?

Has anyone had review then been suspended for linked to previous suspended account?
Old 09-09-2009
Executive [VIP]

I suggest you PM vicvelcro....Amazon had a huge thing for him (ensuring they got rid of him permanently, that is) and I believe he managed to successfully make it back.
Old 09-09-2009

So were you suspended or under 30 day review? It can't be both. Either they are giving you 30 day restriction (happens to most/all new sellers) or they suspended you due to link with previous account which simply means get a new stealth account. You did go to IPBurger to keep tabs on ip addresses to see if your not using previous suspended ip address huh?
Old 09-09-2009

#9. Yes... I do all those things. Amazon is ALOT more complicated than just IP and cookies!

I was supended due to being linked with a suspended account, I clicked appeal, then I was reinstated and automatically placed under 30 day review!!
Old 09-09-2009
Executive [VIP]

Don't give up on it...you may just pass the review, especially with a wounded seller "why are you doing this to me!" email to Seller Performance. However, do be prepared to start a new stealth account. Be careful not to mix IPs and cookies if you preemptively start a new account; it's a surefire way to get both accounts canned.
Old 09-09-2009

Na, with Amazon I wait, if I get kicked I start again! I can't seem to manage keeping 2 accounts going at the same time.

Well hopefully I will, I mean, if they had enough evidence, surely they wouldn't of accepted my appeal would they?
Old 09-09-2009
Executive [VIP]

Who knows what a review really means. I think it was vicvelcro who thought that they were mostly using it to test your response to their alleged "investigation".
Old 09-12-2009

I opened new account with WAMU gift card. I don't like simon gift card, if you purchased twice then they block your card, never send it to you.
Also, don't use walmart address you can use PO
Old 09-12-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Amazon uses many combined ways to link accounts. The most recent development is checking the harware ID of your NIC MAC. Even if you do everything else proper, if you don't use a different computer or at least a different NIC, you will be linked. They check the NIC MAC first.

Understand that having 2 NICs installed won't save you. I've tested it. You need one NIC installed for one Amazon account. Then you shut down, remove the NIC, install your other NIC for the other Amazon account, switch windows user or if you aren't on a windows PC you should do whatever you normally have done to dodge their cookie monster. Then log in to the other Amazon.

Put a sticker on each NIC card. #1 and #2, so you don't get them confused.
Old 09-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvelcro View Post
Amazon uses many combined ways to link accounts. The most recent development is checking the harware ID of your NIC MAC. Even if you do everything else proper, if you don't use a different computer or at least a different NIC, you will be linked. They check the NIC MAC first.

Understand that having 2 NICs installed won't save you. I've tested it. You need one NIC installed for one Amazon account. Then you shut down, remove the NIC, install your other NIC for the other Amazon account, switch windows user or if you aren't on a windows PC you should do whatever you normally have done to dodge their cookie monster. Then log in to the other Amazon.

that must be pain in the a$$
Old 09-13-2009

do the IP/cookie/NIC rules all apply to mac computers as well?
Old 09-13-2009
Vicvelcro

Absolutely.
Old 05-26-2010

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicvelcro View Post

Why don't u just use Mac address changer?
Old 05-26-2010
Vicvelcro

You can. I do. But many people have tried doing that only to get tangled up later by making both adapters the same MAC or forgetting to change both, leaving one the same.

Best advice, get a wireless router. Change the MAC of the router, and have a handful of cheap USB adapters. Put your account name on each one. That way, you have a cheap fast nearly ID TEN TEE proof solution.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
aspkin (05-27-2010)
Old 05-27-2010

What are the USB adapters for if your completely wireless? Am I missing something here?
Old 05-27-2010
Vicvelcro

USB adapters like the WG111 and the DWL-122. Plug a little thingie in your you know where - no wires. It's like technological telepathy from your PC to your router or an access point. At 12 dollars per thingie, it's real easy to change MAC. You just unplug one and put a different one in you know where.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
OfficialGenius (05-27-2010)