Who has opened an Amazon account after being suspended! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 12-02-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default Who has opened an Amazon account after being suspended!

I am looking to open an amazon account after being suspended, has anyone done this and could they help me, thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-10-2008

Longevity: 90%
Default I tried to open a New Amazon account with no luck.

I was suspended from Amazon last year and upon reading the askpin forum about Ebay I figured I would use the same techniques on Amazon.com. I created a New seller account on November 18th and I got a notice this morning that my account had been suspended due to being linked to a previously suspended account. I did everything possible to beat their system to no avail. I downloaded a web browser spoofer that tells sites you are using a different browser than that which I'm using. I was using Firefox, but Amazon thought I was using Opera. I changed my name,got a new checking account with a different bank, a prepaid credit card in my alias, a real address different than my own, a real working phone number different than my previous one and I created a New Juno account. I waited several days before listing anything and then slowly listed around ten to twenty items every couple of days. The day before I was suspended I had 158 items listed and 32 items sold in the last seven days. I was averaging 5 items sold daily. I initiated a payment disbursement on December 6th and it showed up the same day I was suspended. I'm now apprehensive as to whether the bank account was what did it. My bank account name was in my real name and when I transferred the funds I used my initials as the name on bank account so I didn't give Amazon that name. To my knowledge Amazon cannot view any bank details or names, so I'm frankly unsure as to if that was the reason. I have absolutely no idea whatsoever as to how they linked the accounts. In my opinion Amazon's security software and personel are superior to that of Ebay's. I was honestly shocked when I got the message, because I thought I was in the clear. I hope this topic gets a lot of attention and that an Amazon Stealth Book/forum will be established because right now I think they have the upper-hand. If anyone on Askpin has any solutions please help!!!
Old 12-12-2008

Longevity: 94%

Did you change your IP and clear your cookies/temp internet files?

I was selling on amazon a short while, and was one of the worst experiences I've ever had. They make it as hard as possible to communicate with your customers, and their customer service is shocking.

It got to the point where I just refunded everyones order - and because I sent out more than 12 refunds, my account got suspended.

As far as I'm concerned, Amazon is ****e to sell on (in the UK anyway). Although I did get a lot of sales, the whole process was just so hard and messy - and not really worth my time.
Old 12-12-2008
Executive [VIP]

i've never had an amazon account but wanted to get into it. Comapred to ebay, how are the fees?
Old 12-12-2008

Longevity: 89%

i have looked into amazon but am unsure on how to sell...?
Old 12-12-2008

Send a message via AIM to adam34996 Send a message via MSN to adam34996

I used amazon to get rid of my excess merchandise when my eBay account went down thinking it would be better then a loss. Since then, Amazon has been a huge cash cow for me. Keep in mind it has only been a couple of months and I am crossing my fingers. I have sales of $500+ a week with no problems yet. I am sure I will run into a suspension eventually but I am riding it until that happens. With that said. A+ to Amazon...
Old 12-13-2008

Longevity: 92%

amazon is too confusing for me?
How do I register there and start selling
give me the link guys
Old 12-13-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaw1800 View Post
i've never had an amazon account but wanted to get into it. Comapred to ebay, how are the fees?
Hi Amazon fees are very high, Beware for new buyers they will hold funds for upto 30 days or untill posative feedback is recieved you can however speed up the process by providing tracking info.

The items that i sell on Amazon sell about £30 dearer then what they are listed for on ebay because of the fees they charge. However people still buy them as amazon is a trusted site well thats what people think anyway.

Not sure if any of you guys watched the bbc consumer watchdog this week. Amazon was on there and so was the director. Its to do with the items that are sold by 3rd parties ie sellers and not amazon themselves. There have been numerous scams on there. Amazon will only protect the buyer if there checkout is used and the scammers are directing sales to other methds of payment such as money gram.

Also illegal equipment can be bought on amazon such as pepper spray and swords. Vero items are also very popular on there. But i would expect amazon to crack down on this hard after the consumer watchdog humiliation. They were comparing ebay and amazon and saying that ebay cracks down on copyright and illegal equipment far more efficently then amazon does.
Old 12-13-2008
Executive [VIP]

thanks gremlin

is it easy to get approved to sell "restricted" items on there?

i wanted to list some electroncs and they told me i needed approval, it was a pretty simple form, except for the fact that it asked for business name, which i dont have. Do i still have a chance of getting approved?
Old 12-13-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Amazon for sure has flash cookies, so you have to watch out for that when creating a new account.

Hmm, I should really create an amazon section..
Old 12-13-2008

Yeh a Amazon section would be good. Its a good way of bringing in the sales just like ebay. Just not enough knowledge about it. It is hard to contact your buyers and they also take the pee when your waiting on a reply.

For your business name well i have a limited company so i use that, however if you dont have a business then maybe a trading as name would be fine. As funny as it may sound i have given amazon my limited company name but have my personal bank account linked for payouts and it hasnt caused any issues. I also sell consumer electronics on amazon.

About selling restricted items well i would never recomend it as its not gonna be sustainable or your gonna have a rollercoaster ride of a sales experience, having your listings removed getting suspended and then getting yourself back on. especially after Amazon comming on the consumer watchdog. Surely they plan to rescue there reputation. The way they will do this is by well sending warnings and suspensions along with bans to the sellers. They may however have a few sellers on the side working for Amazon or paying amazon loads of cash to be able to continue selling,, as they say money talks.

Im not very familiar with vero items, am i right in saying they are things like immitations copies and replicas?

Last edited by GREMLIN; 12-13-2008 at 01:27 PM.
Old 12-13-2008

so no help on how to actually create a sellers account and sell on amazon then? ive been on the site - tried to sell something but cant find a category for it - ?
Old 12-13-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolores View Post
so no help on how to actually create a sellers account and sell on amazon then? ive been on the site - tried to sell something but cant find a category for it - ?
when you go to Amazon, click on "My Account" or "Your Account" and on the right side of the screen it should say seller account or something.

To Gremlin:

this item that i want to sell is not even a VERO item on ebay, i've never even heard of this item being able to be counterfeited! i wonder why Amazon would have this item in their "restricted" list.. or could it be due to scams maybe?

With Amazon i actually get to use my real info so i just want to get things right the first time
Thanks for all input
Old 12-13-2008

I have a new account there after being suspended. Just make sure you use a new user account, new IP (i did MAC also), checking, CC, etc. I've been doing good there for months.

And for those of you who think their fees are high should do the math a little closer. Compare with ebay fees + paypal fees not just ebay fees. It's 2%- 3% cheaper to sell there.
Old 12-14-2008

Hmm am not sure why it would be on there restricted list then.

If the item isnt listed in amazon then you will not be allowed to sell it.

Regarding the fees then ebay and paypal together charge me about £17 on a item thats worth about £290 after postage and amazon was charging me about £25. not only that they give me less postage. My postage normally costs in the region of £17 and i charge £24.99 on ebay. In amazon they give me £18.

Maybe they also have different fees for different catedories. But when i assesed the fees they where more expensive and yes i accounted for ebay and paypal fees together as amazon use there own checkout and merchant account to accept paypents on behalf of the seller
Old 12-14-2008
Executive [VIP]

The item is listed all over Amazon though, i might just call them up and see if i probably pressed the wrong button or something. Thanks Gremlin
Old 12-14-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

i have created in total of 30 amazon accounts ,and so far half of them have been shut down within the 2 month ,i am still waiting for others to be shut down ,
Old 12-14-2008
Executive [VIP]

do you get good sales on there?
Old 12-21-2008

Longevity: 95%
Thumbs down Amazon Acct Shut Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by kxmlaile View Post
i have created in total of 30 amazon accounts ,and so far half of them have been shut down within the 2 month ,i am still waiting for others to be shut down ,
I think what you saw was more a seasonal thing. Pretty much ALL the new accounts i tried to create in late Nov./Early December were shut down. I had not even had a chance to get good on the selling!

I was using the same method I used in the past to create multiple accounts - which I never had a problem with - but noticed now that it is their prime selling season they are just shutting down just about all new accounts.

I am still working at it though because if you can get your account past the 30-45 day probabation period and get through their review - it can be a sweet lil ride.

Amazon is so nasty about it that they don't even tell you that they are closing your account - they just block your login! Even if you write them they will not respond - they are some arrogant *******s!
Old 12-21-2008

i want to start selling on amazon - i want to sell home made jewelry and painted dolls etc - can i do that on Amazon? its just that i cant find a category for it
Old 12-23-2008

I'll have to agree, sales on Amazon are good. And you can make a lot more profit on there, regardless of the high fees.

It attracts a totally different type of person, as well. (For the products I sell anyway). People are willing to wait weeks to get their item, before you receive an email saying "where's my item". On eBay, after a few days, you get the impatient people onto you.

I do like the fact with Amazon that you just deposit your payments right into your bank account - no paypal crap or anything like that.

I had no problems myself with payment holds or limitations. It was just when I refunded a load of payments, my account was suspended.

But in my eyes, it's very hard to communicate with buyers, and the seller interface, although recently updated, it just crap.
Old 11-22-2009

So does anyone know how to create another account on Amazon for selling when their previous one has been suspended?