eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon X (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon-x/)
-   -   Just got amazon ghost :) quick questions about funds (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon-x/24848-just-got-amazon-ghost-quick-questions-about-funds.html)

kobedakid 11-14-2010 04:59 AM

Just got amazon ghost :) quick questions about funds

hey guys i never sold on amazon and want to within in the next week or two along with my ebay... amazon has a 14 day hold. What would be the best idea.. make an account then start selling on the 15th day to get no holds or sell right away. what are the pros and cons of this. if i do this this means i will be able to sell once every two weeks? can someone tell me how this disbursement thing works thanks!

Melissa1971 11-14-2010 12:44 PM

You can sell immediately but need to build up feedback so you can sell more than the $750. Anytime you go beyond $750 in a rolling 28 day cycle, you can be placed on review which is generally 30 days. Just keep it under $750 and try to get good feedback, it raises the velocity limit. Never heard of this 14 day hold you are referring to.
Amazon automatically disperses the funds into your bank account twice a month. Otherwise you can request disbursement yourself.

jeffweico 11-14-2010 12:58 PM

Initially, when you add a bank account to Amazon, there is a 14 day holding period before they will release funds. After that, they disburse automatically every 14 days. Or, you can request disbursements more often, even every day if you wish. I prefer to wait the 14 days as I think to disburse every day looks suspicious.

Melissa1971 is correct. If you go over $750 in sales in any 28 day period, your account goes into a 30 day review. During the 30 days, you can still list and sell, but your funds are held. Once you have a selling history and enough positive feedback, this is no longer true. Of course, Amazon can place your account in a review at any time for any reason they like. But the $750 is an automatic trigger.

If you pass the review, you can disburse funds. If not, they will place a 90 day hold on your money, and your account is blocked. These reviews can go either way. It depends on the feedback you get from your customers, as well as what you sell. The less risky your items, the more likley you will pass.

During the review period COMPLAINTS ARE DEADLY! So make sure that your merchandise is top notch. Answer any customer inquires quickly and professionally. Do everything you can reasonably do to make Amazon see that you are a good seller, with good ethics.

kobedakid 11-14-2010 01:28 PM

Geez this seems complicated lol I'm going to try it out first... If that does t work out I'm going to stick with eBay lol

schwuller 11-14-2010 02:37 PM

this is a somewhat confusing topic. the 14 day hold for new sellers does not, i believe, begin 'when you add a bank account.' it begins from the registration date of the seller account (and it's not required to add a bank on the day that you initially register the account). i am 99.75% certain of this. can someone else please confirm this?
now, for the OP who suggested 'making an account and then selling on the 15th day' to avoid the hold: sounds good but try it, and you'll see that in order to register as a seller on amazon, you need to list an item. that's what triggers the seller registration process in the first place. so, using your idea, you would register as a buyer, and on the 15th day register as a seller (when you list your first item) which would then begin your 14 day holding period from that date, thus ruining your entire plan for world domination!

kobedakid 11-14-2010 02:47 PM

alright thanks will try this out soon and see how it goes!

inthezone 11-14-2010 02:49 PM

schwuller,

That's a good point that you brought up. I was also wondering when the 14 day hold period actually starts. Can anyone give us a definite answer?

Axcend 11-16-2010 10:24 AM

the 14 day hold is definitely when you create the seller account. You can sell goods, and on the 15th day add a bank account and withdraw the funds. I have done this multiple times. If you ever change your bank account tho, there will be a waiting period before you can withdraw again

Hercules 11-16-2010 11:40 AM

What if you don't ad a bank account do they suspend you?

rsot 11-16-2010 11:47 AM

No they don't Herc. Actually sometimes Az will FORCE you to add bank account before you can sell - sometimes you can just sell without. Lot of different factors that I am learning as I set-up new stuff.

Hercules 11-16-2010 12:04 PM

I'm not selling on the new ones I make all the time, but I have listings up that are over priced just to see if my formation worked without any hitches...But they allways leave that general message with that sentence about adding a bank account. I'd like to do it without one cause I never last their so why waist the time attaching a bank acc.

schwuller 11-16-2010 09:05 PM

update: glad i didn't say i was 100% sure about my earlier comments. i have had some recent stealth accounts 'mature.' the 14 day clock begins ticking when the bank account is added. not, as i originally suggested (but not with certainty!), when you register for a seller account. someone else here who i trust told me the same thing in private. so, i THINK we have our answer.

Melissa1971 11-16-2010 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hercules (Post 182447)
What if you don't ad a bank account do they suspend you?

They sent me a notice the following day (after auto disbersement) that a Bank account needed to be added then made me wait a week for the funds. I know it was a week

Hercules 11-17-2010 01:08 AM

First disbersement is 14 days after your first sale. What I was saying is now they ask for a bank account before you start selling. I was wondering if you ignore that and just sell will they block the account or just keep asking?.

schwuller 11-17-2010 01:57 AM

i have NEVER been asked for a bank account before i start selling. so that tells me there are some variables at work here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hercules (Post 182713)
First disbersement is 14 days after your first sale. What I was saying is now they ask for a bank account before you start selling. I was wondering if you ignore that and just sell will they block the account or just keep asking?.

Hercules 11-17-2010 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schwuller (Post 182739)
i have NEVER been asked for a bank account before i start selling. so that tells me there are some variables at work here.

Go make one and read that first email you get thanking you for making an account with amazon not the first listing email. Minr reads to remember to add a CC AND bank acc.

Kratosl1080 11-18-2010 02:39 AM

The 14 days kicks in when you add a bank account. Its better just to add the bank account when you open the amazon account. If not, you will still wait 14 days after you add the bank account whenever you decide to do so....

inthezone 11-21-2010 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kratosl1080 (Post 183171)
The 14 days kicks in when you add a bank account. Its better just to add the bank account when you open the amazon account. If not, you will still wait 14 days after you add the bank account whenever you decide to do so....

I just found out that this was not true yesterday. I created my seller account on the 6th of November, added the bank account information on the 11th and last night, on Nov 20th, the amazon automatically initiated the transfer to my checking account.

zea1177 11-22-2010 02:13 AM

Yesterday I opened a new amazon account and they didn't let me sell till I added my bank account. Have you noticed if this is happening often lately? I am just wondering if they changed the rules just before Christmas. If you have opened new seller accounts during the last week, please share what was your experience. Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by schwuller (Post 182739)
i have NEVER beien asked for a bank account before i start selling. so that tells me there are some variables at work here.

inthezone 11-22-2010 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zea1177 (Post 184389)
Yesterday I opened a new amazon account and they didn't let me sell till I added my bank account. Have you noticed if this is happening often lately? I am just wondering if they changed the rules just before Christmas. If you have opened new seller accounts during the last week, please share what was your experience. Thank you!

I'll create some accounts tonight and will get back to you on that.

Axcend 11-22-2010 10:45 AM

For a definitive answer that i can give with 100% authority as I have tested it every single time with stealth accounts (including one 2 weeks ago), this thread needs to be moved to subscribers forum, away from prying guest eyes.