Linked again? I am seriously stumped now. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 06-22-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default Linked again? I am seriously stumped now.

Ok, here is my setup:

VMWare running Windows XP, Firefox (the only 2 comptuer things in common)

spoof my vmware mac, change my USB wireless adapter out on my laptop, disable the other wireless adapter, change the mac address on my router, make sure my IP Is completely different.

I just had 3 accounts deleted, not even suspended. The ONLY things in common are the operating system and the browser. I also changed with windows machine key by deleting 8-10 fonts. I have no clue here guys, no clue at all. Also they are located within the same 50 mile radius, would this be enough to have them all deleted? One account also had $400 sitting in it that was suppose to disperse today. i am going to call amazon on this as well because ths is just plain ridiculous.

Someone PLEASE help me read this situation, 2 of the new accounts had just been created, with NOTHING listed on them except for a random dvd and a random vinyl record
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-22-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 80%

Could you be using a wireless printer, or any other wireless device? These, I think have a mac address attched. Maybe bluetooth? Perhaps that is how you are being linked through your computer. Something to think about.
Old 06-22-2011
Threadstarter  

I don't connect to any other USB devices while
I am doing any amazon stuff. I print everything after shutting down my vmware machines.

I do have a wii connected to my wireless router, but that's not my computer
Old 06-22-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Is your pattern of activity i.e. listing - always the same?

Do you create around the same time of day?
Old 06-22-2011
Threadstarter  

The 2nd and 3rd one I made around a week later at the same time. But they were made about 3-4 hours after the 1st one. And I didn't list anything on the second or third ones. I believe they were deleted 2-3 days after making
Old 06-22-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

When you checked your e-mail for confirmation from am az on (or even buyer's e-mail) - you made sure that you haven't opened up their emails in old account-linked IPs right?
Old 06-22-2011

Longevity: 74%

Hmm, this doesn't sound like a normal situation, did you call Amazon yet? I'd call them from a google voice number and try to get them to explain exactly what happened to your account.
Old 06-22-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
When you checked your e-mail for confirmation from am az on (or even buyer's e-mail) - you made sure that you haven't opened up their emails in old account-linked IPs right?
I check all my emails from my Iphone. They don't read java or flash so it couldn't be through that. And even if that was the problem, they would have shut down the account that I run from my phone only, and I already checked it and it is still up with flying colours. That account should have been gone 3 times past already lol. Go figure.
Old 06-22-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giardino View Post
Hmm, this doesn't sound like a normal situation, did you call Amazon yet? I'd call them from a google voice number and try to get them to explain exactly what happened to your account.
Apparently my account is under investigation for the amazon seller research team, something about my bank account maybe rejecting a deposit, but I didn't add a bank account yet. First disbursement was suppose to be today. I should get an email within a business day or 2.

So from what I understand, amazon is looking into details further for name/address. I'll keep you guys posted on this.

Still does not explain at all how everything got linked.
Old 06-22-2011

Longevity: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axcend View Post
I check all my emails from my Iphone. They don't read java or flash so it couldn't be through that.
It's not Java or Flash the problem when reading emails. It's the tracking pixels.
Basically, a 1 pixel picture is placed in all emails, which is obviously not visible, and if you open the email, the picture gets downloaded; at this point Amazon has your IP.
The easiest work-around is to manually disable loading of pictures in your email client, you can disable downloading of pictures on the iPhone too.

So, if you are saying that you've read Amazon emails from several accounts on your iPhone, consider all of them linked.
Old 06-22-2011
Threadstarter  

I would say that is the case, but I still have one account open that I read emails from. and this is also how I did business for awhile before, so I don't think that is the case. also, any pictures in my email ask to be downloaded, nothing shows up without asking.

just double checked settings and "Load Remote Images" is off.
Old 06-23-2011

Let us know what they tell you when you call them. Could be some VERY useful info
Old 06-23-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

Were the Credit card numbers close or in a series?
Did you use the same bank account number?
Were you listing the same items?
Were you listing any 1 same item as another account but with the same quantity as before?

It could be a conglomeration of all the above with a little computer sameness added in.
Old 06-23-2011
Threadstarter  

credit card could be the only thing, but accounts 2 and 3 were the ones more closely ranged together; account 1 was made 2 weeks prior. Nothing listed on accounts 2 and 3, account 1 had been selling for nearly 2 weeks with no problems at all. No bank accounts were added yet. I think it has something to do with the credit card. I should get an email in 1-2 days. if I don't I am going to call again.

I also noticed that during the account creation for 2 and 3 that it was slightly different. All the same steps, but the telephone verification was on teh same page as credit and billing info instead of a different page, then it went to confirm it all. Also the creating account page was different.

I am thinking that amazon is now manually verifying new seller account information instead of "if it passes the bots, its fine till it hits a review". Soon to be seen if I am right about this.

Last edited by Axcend; 06-23-2011 at 08:36 PM.
Old 06-25-2011

Longevity: 81%
Send a message via Skype™ to Christopher

it seems to me that vmware doesnt even work..everyone keeps complaining
Old 06-25-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
it seems to me that vmware doesnt even work..everyone keeps complaining

works fine. I still have an older account that is still active. If it was linking it should have been linked to the others. I believe that amazon is taking a lot stricter steps in verifying that accounts are real. This is most likely because of people who think they can continuously scam amazon without any retributions. I know I am guilty of doing it once. Once. And I never had the intention of doing it in the first place.

I believe it was similar credit cards that caused them to go down, new seller accounts without buying anything, same nearby towns, same operating system, same browser.

They haven't banned my accounts, but they put a hold on them while they investigate them to verify them or something. I am calling again today as they still have not emailed me like they said they would.
Old 06-29-2011

did u use smac to change all of your macs? i used to change a couple macs that i was able to find and thought i was fine,then after downloading smac i saw that i had about 7 mac addresses

i usually list something that i know wont sell and list it at a very high price the day i start the account, then around the 10th or 11th day i list my popular item/items 1 at a time,logging in every half hour or so to add another manually as they sell, rather then putting up a 10 lot