eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon X (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon-x/)
-   -   Can I use a libary computer (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon-x/34891-can-i-use-libary-computer.html)

irishsue 08-05-2011 07:11 AM

Can I use a libary computer

Hi I just wanted to know if anyone has luck using a library computer I tried a couple of weeks ago but i used my daughter in laws credit card, her address and i bought a prepaid phone but that didnt work am i doing something wrong

thanks for your help
sue

cherrqell 08-05-2011 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishsue (Post 256084)
Hi I just wanted to know if anyone has luck using a library computer I tried a couple of weeks ago but i used my daughter in laws credit card, her address and i bought a prepaid phone but that didnt work am i doing something wrong

thanks for your help
sue

Hi:)

Either spend the time, effort, and research the forum for the information you seek. Its all here. Or spend the money, save the time, and purchase the "Amazon Ghost" manifesto. All your questions will be answerd, and your online selling experience will be enriched. Happy times to you!=}

Now go away, and dont come back till you have 25 positive feedbacks!

GreenBean 08-05-2011 08:43 AM

OP has purchased AMAZON GHOST already. :pop2:

rsot 08-05-2011 09:27 AM

@irishsue, in all likelihood, I hate library computers and anything that OTHER people could have used previously.

Libraries are notorious for having computers that have been banned to the boot. IP is likely flagged and (since you have read Am az on ghost) I can figure you understand that other principles are tracked by AZ.

IF you really need access to a computer, either buy a new one cheap and use a decent IP or (up to you) buy one and return it back within the period =)

All the best.

irishsue 08-05-2011 09:32 AM

already purchased amazon ghost

Hi Thanks for your help but I already bought the ebook but I was totally confused i admit i am not a computer wizard I just dont understand all of the steps to changing ip addresses and mac addresses so I thought if I could skip a step by using library computer it might be easier thank anyway

Road-Kill 08-05-2011 10:13 AM

I use library PC's for some of the accounts, but it is riskier than using your own PC. I just use them for account's that I don't care about getting suspended.

If you do end up using one, try and only use the same exact PC when you log-on. If that account gets banned, then try another one.

There are all sorts of people that use public computers, if they blacklisted them all and it could be proved they did ,that could be a big issue.

cherrqell 08-05-2011 11:20 AM

Not that this would be for everyone, but I have logged on to Library, McDonalds, Starbucks, Military base, fitness centers, and various other public computers including ones in Europe and I have never had any problems. maybe I was lucky. If you are not comfortable, I would not advise it. I think Amazon may be on to the fact if you are accessing your account from a public IP, and mac address, but I do believe they do take into account other variables before they decide to link. Buying a couple cheap computers, and using dial-up would probably be your best bet if you are not completely comfortable with the public option. Cheers!

SweetPea 08-05-2011 11:28 AM

If you value your account, I would never use a public location. Way too risky. Others have been very lucky. Ebay, Amazon, and PP don't care where you are. They just link information from your location. If it is a banned area, you will likely become banned yourself.

rsot 08-05-2011 11:30 AM

I guess it could be safer if you pop in VmWare - @cherrqell, do you just go in fresh, don't take any additional steps?

Road-Kill 08-05-2011 11:36 AM

Most of the public libraries I go to have more people using the computers, than they do looking at books.

No sure if that's a good or bad thing.

rsot 08-05-2011 11:50 AM

I always look at it as bad when lot of folx frequent the same machines.

stillselling 08-05-2011 02:20 PM

I purposely log into my suspended accounts at the public library to see how many ppl I can take down with me.

BiN4RY 08-05-2011 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stillselling (Post 256209)
I purposely log into my suspended accounts at the public library to see how many ppl I can take down with me.

And THIS is EXACTLY why you shouldn't log into your accounts at public locations.

rsot 08-05-2011 02:36 PM

Stillselling brings up a very significant point.

ovidiu 08-06-2011 04:06 AM

Buy a netbook, use Mcdonalds or a local cafe. You will be OK. I have yet to see proof that Amazon or eBay mass suspends people merely on the basis of using the same or similar IP addresses. Not everyone in the world sits on a static IP address, after all.

KoltiKolt 08-14-2011 04:13 AM

I think even if you connect to McD's wifi amazon and ebay do not see your computers MAC address but MAC of the router in that restarant... it could be anyone connected thru that wifi before and you might get slapped :amen:

GrannyT 08-14-2011 06:17 AM

Quote:

You do what??? Please tell me you are kidding us!!:eek:

Alps_a somewhatlegend 08-14-2011 06:27 AM

Nothing better do do than mess up someone elses business hey?.... mmmm.

On the subject of 'messing around'. if you goto any library and ask if you can use you ownn lappy, they are happy to accomodate and will give you the passwords etc. ......

You can then hang around in your turbo car at 2am and use their internet access to download whatever the f. you want..... mmmm.

UK experience only.

Quote:

ShadyOne 08-14-2011 08:43 AM

Yeah but we all know that just because you log into a library network with your suspended accounts, it does not instantly result in other people suspended.

Not advisable to use a public network though, "cheap as chips" just to get your own internet connection.