Amazon EIN - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 09-27-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default Amazon EIN

Here the basics:

I have a very good Amazon business account. Opened in April of this year. Account is under a business name only. No personal names are used anywhere at all. I want this account to remain into next year and so on.

If I provide my EIN number will they see get my real name from that? I do not think they will and even if they do I dont think they would cross check it with suspended accounts as I had an old account suspended before for something stupid. I am just not sure what to do. Because if I provide my EIN to them, dont I need to file taxes completely under that EIN number for all my sales like eBay as well?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-27-2011

Longevity: 73%

How could you have an business account without any personal info? I mean is it stealth account?
Old 09-27-2011

I Dont No I Dont Think So
Old 09-27-2011

Longevity: 80%

Did you read the policy regarding the EIN information?

Amazon wants the information as it appears on your official documents. If your documents have no name then amazon wants the business name which is what will be listed under the name.
Old 09-28-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampury View Post
How could you have an business account without any personal info? I mean is it stealth account?
Its my real account. But for the name I just used my business name. I own the business. I have an EIN for the business, bank account, dba with the state and so on. Its a sole prop.

So its my real account. Its just not under my personal name, as I used that name when I signed up with Amazon on my old account. But I was wondering, since I can still login to that account. I was thinking I could login to the suspended account and change my name/address on there just slightly. And just let the account die off. And once december 20th comes around I will provide the info to amazon.

I know there is a way around this. One being that we are planning to move out of the house soon into another one. So that means I could change all my info on this current valid Amazon account and file taxes that way. And just hope they dont run my name in their system for suspended accounts(even though it was a bs reason).

Any other suggestions? Can someone who has filled out the form or whatever they require tell me whats on it? I really don't see why I would need to put my personal name. At all.

Gamefreak - Where can I view this information?
Old 09-30-2011
Threadstarter  

Bump
Old 10-01-2011

:D:D:D
Old 10-01-2011

Longevity: 78%

Yes I just got the email saying they need an EIN on file. Unfortunately it is a stealth account . So I am thinking I need to register a business and get a tax ID with it?
Old 10-01-2011
Threadstarter  

You can get a free EIN online from the IRS website and just open a dba with your state.

I did some searching and people think that Amazon isn't looking to close everyone down they just need something to give to the IRS.
Old 10-01-2011

If you go and try to give amazon the information they need it tells you that under the policy. I was doing it when I read it then decided to wait..
Old 10-01-2011
Threadstarter  

Gamefreak - I am slightly confused by your post. Of course I want to give them the information as it will be on my documents, everything is legit on my account anyways, its just under my business info not personal (never had an issue with this because think about it this way, if you have multiple people in on the business who takes the name?).

My only issue is that my old name had an account that got suspended earlier this year and I dont want them to pull up my EIN and find the owner of the business which is me. But I honestly think Amazon is not nearly as strict nor thorough with all this for accounts that move 20k+ a month like mine. They just need information to pass along to the IRS.
Old 10-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadim View Post
Gamefreak - I am slightly confused by your post. Of course I want to give them the information as it will be on my documents, everything is legit on my account anyways, its just under my business info not personal (never had an issue with this because think about it this way, if you have multiple people in on the business who takes the name?).

My only issue is that my old name had an account that got suspended earlier this year and I dont want them to pull up my EIN and find the owner of the business which is me. But I honestly think Amazon is not nearly as strict nor thorough with all this for accounts that move 20k+ a month like mine. They just need information to pass along to the IRS.
I cant say for sure but I will test what you said with my own account.

Also you're absolutely wrong about amazon not being as strict with those 20k a month accounts.

2 weeks ago a friend of mine - featured merchant making 30k a month his account was literally perfect 100% feedback with 800 feedback, no complaints, a-z or any of that and he got suspended. For something stupid he wouldnt tell me for sure but he got greedy an amazon canned his account.
Old 10-02-2011
Threadstarter  

What was the reason for the suspension? Seems like he's not telling you a lot of stuff in that story. There must be something. It cant just happen.