Mac address on your Iphone - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 10-05-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%
Default Mac address on your Iphone

to all the members of this board thank you for all the shared knowledge. My 2 great accts were banned from amazon yesterday - so i decided to buy Amazon Ghost (special thank you goes to Aspkin for that book). Now in your book you mention that Mac address cannot be changed on Iphone4 so you can use it only for one Amazon/ebay acct. i have been jailbreaking phones since the day 1 the first iphone was on sale and knowing how unstopable are jailbreakers this info about permanent Mac on your Iphone didnt settle in my head.
So here is the solution to all of you re this issue. Most of you who use Iphones already have them jailbroken. If you use official At&T and Verizon tethering service my advice jailbreak it - google it - your iphone will get new life.
Here is what you do after jailbreaking :
1. go to your Cydia app
2. Download app called macX4 - it is free. if you cant find it in your cydia you have to install modmyi.com repo
3. when you go into this app you can enter any mac address you want - the only thing is - you will most likely loose push notifications for your other applications installed with a new Mac address. The beauty of this app is that you can revert to the old Mac address on your iphone and everything will be back to normal
So with this app you can have unlimited Mac addresses for your iphone thus giving you unlimited opportunities for your Iphone to be used for tethering.
I will try to create 2 Amazon and ebay accts over the weekend and see if it works

BTW does buying Amazon Ghost and eBay Stealth gives me any perks here?)))

Last edited by MaximkaLa; 10-05-2011 at 01:39 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MaximkaLa For This Useful Post:
alnev (10-14-2011), Axcend (10-14-2011), digitalslave (10-15-2011), Rellik3600 (10-30-2011)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-05-2011

Longevity: 74%

I have a question, I have an Optimus by LG, android system. I am able to tether it and use the connection. Is there a way to do this mac address change through virgin mobile, or metro pcs? I guess that wouldnt really matter it would be the phone...LG optimus I think its optimus L ? thanks for the help
Old 10-06-2011
Threadstarter  

Unfortunately not that i know of. But try to read jailbreak forums for Android. I am 99% sure there is a way to change Mac address on Android phones
Old 10-06-2011

Ok I will when I get a chance in the next few days I will...I mean I agree a lotta things you can do on iphone u can do on android so I am crossing my fingers!! Dial up is too darn slow lol
Old 10-07-2011
Threadstarter  

good luck
Old 10-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%

Let me too - am on LG Optimus - trying to work it out.
Old 10-07-2011

Longevity: 84%

Along with Wyse Pocket Cloud Pro for iphone this would be a great app.
Old 10-08-2011

Longevity: 73%

Dose that change iphone's mac address or internet mac address?
Old 10-08-2011

The threads title is mac address on iphone so I would assume it changes mac address on iphone, internet doesn't have a mac address.
Old 10-10-2011
Threadstarter  

JB is correct - this changes the MAC address on your iphone. Thus giving you the ability to use iphone as many times as you want on your stealth accts for internet
The Following User Says Thank You to MaximkaLa For This Useful Post:
MichaelW (10-10-2011)
Old 10-14-2011

Ok I need STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS lol I am actually not too bad at researching and some techie stuff...however I spent TWO hours looking and searching and trying with no success.
I have Android Virgin Mobile LG OPTIMUS
I want to spoof/change the MAC address for my phone for amazon. I am hearing in some places including here I need to jailbreak the phone first before I can even begin to download any apps I may need for the mac address changing.

I can not find the CORRECT way to do this. If anyone anyone knows how or can help:
1) Jailbreak/Root this particular phone
2) Change/Spoof the Mac address of the device/phone

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I would be soooo appreciative
Old 10-15-2011

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
So with this app you can have unlimited Mac addresses for your iphone thus giving you unlimited opportunities for your Iphone to be used for tethering.
I will try to create 2 Amazon and ebay accts over the weekend and see if it works
Please let us know how it works out. I have been tethering with my Blackberry for too long now, time to get a new iPhone.
Old 10-15-2011

I have blackberry and iphone but found that tethering with blackberry is faster, that is if you use vzaccess manager. Then again I haven't tried the jailbroke programs for tethering with iphone yet.
Old 10-15-2011
Threadstarter  

So far opened 2 Am..zon accts with one iphone.... less than 30 days but they are still alive. will keep posting after 30 days,
Wish i could find IP Manager cracked for iphone - doesnt seem to exist though
Old 12-03-2011

Longevity: 73%

How has that been working???
Old 12-03-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 71%

To whoever Is running iOS 5 or higher an untethered jailbreak is not available yet!
You can downgrade and get an untethered jailbreak for an older iOS but atm it is NOT reccommended you get a tethered for ios 5 or higher. Been a lot of problems even with the semi tether!
Old 12-06-2011

Longevity: 80%

my htc android phone is possible TO jailbreak ? Which application should I use?
Old 12-06-2011

Longevity: 82%

That is great!!! OP, is it working for you?

If this works, I donot need to use dail up anymore.

How to jailbroke the iphone 4 with ios 5?
Old 12-06-2011
Banned

Longevity: 85%

jailbreak = iphone only!

root = any android phone only!
Old 12-06-2011

also , which app you use to tether to laptop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximkaLa View Post
to all the members of this board thank you for all the shared knowledge. My 2 great accts were banned from amazon yesterday - so i decided to buy Amazon Ghost (special thank you goes to Aspkin for that book). Now in your book you mention that Mac address cannot be changed on Iphone4 so you can use it only for one Amazon/ebay acct. i have been jailbreaking phones since the day 1 the first iphone was on sale and knowing how unstopable are jailbreakers this info about permanent Mac on your Iphone didnt settle in my head.
So here is the solution to all of you re this issue. Most of you who use Iphones already have them jailbroken. If you use official At&T and Verizon tethering service my advice jailbreak it - google it - your iphone will get new life.
1. go to your Cydia app
2. Download app called macX4 - it is free. if you cant find it in your cydia you have to install modmyi.com repo
3. when you go into this app you can enter any mac address you want - the only thing is - you will most likely loose push notifications for your other applications installed with a new Mac address. The beauty of this app is that you can revert to the old Mac address on your iphone and everything will be back to normal

BTW does buying Amazon Ghost and eBay Stealth gives me any perks here?)))
Old 12-06-2011
Banned

Longevity: 85%

there's 3 you can use pdanet mywi & tetherme which uses the native hotspot feature!
Old 12-06-2011

what is the cheapest iphone plan for tethering purpose? Prepaid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximkaLa View Post
1. go to your Cydia app

BTW does buying Amazon ghost and eBay Stealth gives me any perks here?)))