How did Amazon ban me? I am thinking about getting Ghost - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 05-14-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
Default How did Amazon ban me? I am thinking about getting Ghost

I recently had an Amazon account suspended at the end of April. I created a new account from another computer I use for work (Yes I had used both computers on the suspended account).

Anyway, after about 35 days they disbursed about $7 to my account. Then last night I logged onto the account from home using my work remote access account and logged in and listed some items. This morning I got the seller account linked ban message. My only thought is that when I use the remote access account, amazon must be able to see my router at home and grabbed the IP from there and linked me. My inventory was completely different so I know they didnt do it that way and I had less then $150 on in reserve.

My only recourse is to play dumb and tell amazon in an appeal that a relative came over to my house and used the PC at my home.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-14-2012

Longevity: 84%

re-read what you have posted and there you will find your answer

you really need to get Amazon Ghost it answers most of the questions you need and combined with the forum you will be back on AZ soon and safely
The Following User Says Thank You to they_screwed_me_too For This Useful Post:
aspkin (05-16-2012)
Old 05-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

/quote

I created a new account from another computer I use for work (Yes I had used both computers on the suspended account).

Pretty clear why
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
they_screwed_me_too (05-15-2012)
Old 05-15-2012
Threadstarter  

Default It wasn't the work computer

I logged in at home with the work computer and it bounced off my Verizon DSL router. It was working before I did that.
Old 05-16-2012
Threadstarter  

Fortunately, I got the account reinstated. I wrote to Jeff@amazon.com told him that my account and the account they linked me to were separate and him or his office told the seller performance team to reinstate me.
Old 05-16-2012
Threadstarter  

I am still going to buy ghost when I have time to look at it this summer.
Old 05-16-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

@brew7676 - where's the proof of your e-mail?
Old 05-16-2012
Threadstarter  

Default Here it is

Hello from Amazon.com.

Thank you for writing regarding your Amazon.com selling account. Jeff Bezos received your e-mail and asked that I respond on his behalf.

We have reviewed this situation and have reactivated your account.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. In our efforts to protect our community, we sometimes err on the side of caution.

We appreciate your interest and wish you the best of luck selling on Amazon.com.

Regards,

Seller Performance Team
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 7:57 AM
To: Bezos, Jeff
Subject: Please Consider my Account Reinstatement

Dear Mr. Bezos,

I am hoping that you will reconsider reinstating my account. I started this account last month because my father retired in January and I am looking to sell a lot of his old textbooks.

My account with my brother-in-law's was suspended a couple of months ago. I had no knowledge of this and for the most part I have been accessing this account through my ISP at work. However, I have also logged into Amazon at his home using my account (including this weekend on May 13 & 14). I believe that this is how the accounts were linked.

Please understand that I did not know anything about my brother-in-law's account suspension until yesterday morning when I found out that my seller accont was suspended. My account and the suspended account have nothing in common except for the fact that both of us are related to each other. However, these accounts are related in no other way. We live in different households and we are or were selling completely different inventories.

I listed items at his home, which was a mistake that I will be sure to avoid in the future. Once again, I kindly hope that you will reconsider this account suspension.

Sincerely,
Removed Name
Removed Phone Number
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hello from Amazon.com.

Thank you for writing. We have considered your request for reinstatement. Upon careful consideration, we have decided your account will remain blocked.

Any remaining funds may be reserved for up to 90 days from the date your account was blocked. After 90 days, the funds will be disbursed, provided we do not receive charge-backs or A-to-z Guarantee claims against your sales. If you have further questions about your disbursement, please email payments-funds@amazon.com.

While we appreciate your interest, please understand that the closure of an account is a permanent action. Any subsequent accounts that are opened will be closed as well. Thank you for your understanding with our decision.

Regards,

Seller Performance Team
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com
Old 05-16-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Congratulations! The Amz Ghost is a really good book to prepare yourself, it's definitely worth the small investment.
The Following User Says Thank You to BiN4RY For This Useful Post:
aspkin (05-16-2012)
Old 05-17-2012
Threadstarter  

I am getting an ebook in June. Can i get it via the ebook. I will read this on vacation!
Old 05-17-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Get Amazon's Ghost eBook. Best bang for you buck.
Old 05-17-2012

Longevity: 77%

Too much information to post on a public forum, you better hope no one's reading this.

And the mistakes you made:

Amazon tracks you browser's fingerprinting and your computer's MAC address and router's MAC address. You need to change ALL of them.

Honestly, I don't Amazon to sell and bought the Amazon Stealth Book just to learn what they're doing, it is pretty valuable information for anyone who wants to keep their privacy online - and also helpful for other sites.
Old 05-19-2012
Threadstarter  

what is browser fingerprinting? I don't know if I buy the Mac Address stuff, otherwise they would have banned my 2nd account before i opened it. I guess it is a risk to have that email, but amazon would have to be certifiably insane to track down a seller who has $150 bucks in their account.
Old 05-19-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Buy the book it will explain everything.
Old 05-23-2012

Longevity: 88%

Why would you post full email conversation? Yeah you better hope no1 from Amazon is reading this or else kiss goodbye your account.

I'd edit the post you made...we can tell you are happy but don't make mistakes.
Old 05-24-2012
Threadstarter  

I don't know how to edit posts on this forum