Amazon stealing money - confirmed! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 05-29-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default Amazon stealing money - confirmed!

BEWARE if you are using stealth strategies and be very careful. If Amazon determines they can't verify your identity enough on some level, they will block your account and, God forbid, if you already made a sale, they WILL KEEP YOUR MONEY and you have little to no recourse if you aren't who you say you are. No more does the phrase "walking on eggshells" apply than with Amazon. Case in point:

I have a stealth amazon account that made one sale in February. Subsequently, the account was blocked meaning I couldn't log in at all around mid February. There was no email or anything. It has now been the customary 90 days since that occurred. I have called around 4 times and sent several emails to all their departments I have an email for including payments-funds@amazon.com and merchant-disbursement-inquiry@amazon.com as well as seller-performance@amazon.com. There have been ZERO responses to those emails for well over a week.

SO, I called today and finally (after 10-15 minutes of holding) got through to one of their so called "leadership" people. I was informed that seller-performance was the only department that could handle the account. I was also told that they had sent an email in March stating they would no longer respond on this matter. As many of you know, seller-performance can only be contacted by email.

All the people I spoke with on the phone acted very baffled. I asked them if they'd heard of anything like this before. They all acted like they hadn't with the exception of the "leadership" person, who simply said that "every case is different". I was then told to contact their legal department and given an address and email:

amazon.com legal department
410 Terry Ave North
Seattle, WA 98109-5210
copyright@amazon.com - She said this is just the email for their legal department. It had nothing to do with me having any sort of copyright issue on the account - Just to be CLEAR.
(206) 266-1000 - main reception - they will transfer to voicemail.

I got this number of corporate headquarters from google. Any thoughts or additional insights?

Last edited by PCR; 05-29-2012 at 11:30 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-29-2012

Longevity: 70%

Lets not, and just sell the right way. Clearly what you were selling (copyright/trademark) gave them a reason to delete your account. And according to their rules, which I am sure you agreed to, and ignored they have the right to basically do anything.
Old 05-29-2012

Longevity: 82%

I think they are just trying to recoup losses.. they are slick..
Old 05-29-2012
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazonStealth View Post
Lets not, and just sell the right way. Clearly what you were selling (copyright/trademark) gave them a reason to delete your account. And according to their rules, which I am sure you agreed to, and ignored they have the right to basically do anything.
Incorrect and out-of-line assertion on your part. I sold one item without complaints, chargebacks or anything else based on the item itself. The problem obviously arose with something related to their identity verification process. The fact is that Amazon is deleting/blocking accounts and keeping money after the fact when an order has already been processed and shipped. Regardless of your irrational and unfounded assumptions, stealing money from anyone is wrong and that is exactly what Amazon has done here and with others apparently.
PS If it were a supposed copyright/trademark issue, they would simply suspend the account based on my research. Blocking and disabling logins is part of the identity verification.
Old 05-30-2012

happened to me plenty of times .lost major inventory and money.no complaints and no problems at all in the past just out of the blue a lot of accounts went under. and sometimes no accounts go under go figure.
Old 05-30-2012

Longevity: 77%

Try a couple turn and burn accounts using your real info and see if they delete your account or merely suspend it
Old 05-30-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Amazon will give you YOUR money,,,,Contact their legal Dept,,,Prove to them that you own that account,,and they will cut you a Check,,,because Legally they CANNOT keep the money,,,

The Problem with most of the users here is that you can never Prove them that its your account if its a Stealth account,,and if you are able to "Get Over" on Amazon you still will have a Check in some elses name,,,You cannot cash the check,,,

Amazon Knows all of this so the Put the money in some sort of "Uncollected" Funds account where they will hold it for a Few years,,,Collect interest,,and then Turn it over to the goverment,,where you can still collect it,,,But you have to prove to the Goverment its yours,,,

Amazon is Smarter that all of us,,,Do NOT Kid yourself, They Know about stealth accounts,,AND they KNOW the law,,,They just came up with a way to Legally make money from us,,,,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In order to Play the game and WIN,,,,You must first understand the Game and its rules,,,,,,,,

Good Luck
Old 05-30-2012

there are still places to cash third-party checks.
Old 05-30-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by potofgold23 View Post
there are still places to cash third-party checks.

There are ways to get those checks cashed,,,But the problem is getting one first
Old 05-30-2012

instead of going stealth on amazon and getting your account deleted, wouldn't it just be easier to keep reopening accounts with valid info? even if it only lasts a week, at least you can prove the account is yours and get your money in 90. or am i offbase?
Old 05-30-2012
Banned

Longevity: 69%

Amazon are now asking for undertakings to release your money, if you open in a false name later, the undertaking say's they can keep the money. If you don't sign the undertaking they just keep the money.
Old 05-31-2012

Is this only on Amazon UK or the US version also?
Old 05-31-2012

Donot get linked.. This is one solution.