SSN/EIN and Amazon Ghost - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default SSN/EIN and Amazon Ghost

I just purchased the book and I love it. However it is very lacking in how to stealth SSN/EIN details. It seems as though once you set up an account under a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name, you will be required to provide tax info at 50 items sold.

Are there plans to address this in the next version? Or is setting up a stealth account with a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name and address just pointless now?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-07-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 5%

This is not a tax advice forum. That's why it is not discussed.
Old 09-07-2012
Threadstarter  

I just feel like the whole book is pointless unless the author can find a solution to entering Tax ID on Amazon (or else stop before 50 transactions). For how thorough the other parts of the book are, I'm disappointed. Maybe Amazon Stealth was just written before this was an issue.
Old 09-07-2012
Executive [VIP]

Two major issues still and why it will more than likely never be discussed. Random people here are not authorized to give any sort of tax advice. That needs to be sought out and arranged with a qualified tax professional. You simply risk consistently false information running rampant otherwise. Taxes concern law which needs to be taken extremely seriously and often ends up misconstrued. There are many official lawyer advice websites that can truly offer legitimate advice. If you take your business seriously, then seek a professional lawyer, CPA, etc.

The other major issue that you will notice if you search the forum a bit more is that many people are unfortunately looking for the best way to evade taxes altogether and this certainly isn't a place that condones anything il.leg.al. More often than not, each topic started by some random person seeking tax advice gets cloudy and quickly seeds into gray areas that are not allowed here.
Old 09-08-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
Two major issues still and why it will more than likely never be discussed. Random people here are not authorized to give any sort of tax advice. That needs to be sought out and arranged with a qualified tax professional. You simply risk consistently false information running rampant otherwise. Taxes concern law which needs to be taken extremely seriously and often ends up misconstrued. There are many official lawyer advice websites that can truly offer legitimate advice. If you take your business seriously, then seek a professional lawyer, CPA, etc.

The other major issue that you will notice if you search the forum a bit more is that many people are unfortunately looking for the best way to evade taxes altogether and this certainly isn't a place that condones anything il.leg.al. More often than not, each topic started by some random person seeking tax advice gets cloudy and quickly seeds into gray areas that are not allowed here.
that is really excellent advice and an excellent way to see the situation. most people who ask about tax advice here i suspect are not the real deal because any real business owner would seek professional guidance. a lot of people are looking for a way around the system i'm sure. hopefully i will be able to help out a little more once i finish my schooling and get my CPA license.
The Following User Says Thank You to slim jim For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (09-08-2012)
Old 09-08-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Random people here are not authorized to give any sort of tax advice. That needs to be sought out and arranged with a qualified tax professional. You simply risk consistently false information running rampant otherwise. Taxes concern law which needs to be taken extremely seriously and often ends up misconstrued. There are many official lawyer advice websites that can truly offer legitimate advice. If you take your business seriously, then seek a professional lawyer, CPA, etc.
I think 'talk to a lawyer or accountant' is just a way of avoiding the issue. Any professional who's not in jail will tell you setting up stealth accounts using ⊗⊗⊗⊗ identities to sell stuff online is a bad idea.

I, like most people here I'd imagine, bought the book because my account was banned. I have no intention of selling $20,000 or even $5,000 in a year. But providing my SSN and using my real info will link me to my old banned account.

Since amazon requires a TaxID for sellers now, I think Amazon Stealth should either be updated to deal with this issue, or there should be a disclaimer before buying it that setting up stealth accounts will not work without access to an unbanned EIN or SSN.
Old 09-08-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoff0165 View Post
I think 'talk to a lawyer or accountant' is just a way of avoiding the issue. Any professional who's not in jail will tell you setting up stealth accounts using ⊗⊗⊗⊗ identities to sell stuff online is a bad idea.

I, like most people here I'd imagine, bought the book because my account was banned. I have no intention of selling $20,000 or even $5,000 in a year. But providing my SSN and using my real info will link me to my old banned account.

Since amazon requires a TaxID for sellers now, I think Amazon Stealth should either be updated to deal with this issue, or there should be a disclaimer before buying it that setting up stealth accounts will not work without access to an unbanned EIN or SSN.
if you don't plan on selling even $5000 a year then just sell on ebay. why is it so necessary to sell on amazon? the guides can not be rewritten for every little change that happens. they are a starting point and forum is the finishing point. you spend at most $30 for the guide and could have used trial pay which would have cost you $0. are you expecting for someone to run your business for you? these '⊗⊗⊗⊗ identities' that you talk about is what every single business is. they are new names made to hide yourself from public view
Old 09-08-2012
Executive [VIP]

If you need an EIN, then you must get one. There are no secrets to tell or tactics to discuss. Either you take the time to set it up properly or operate multiple ste.alth accounts. Same principles that apply to EB and PP.

You can push all you want, but again, I am simply saving you the time of begging that we tell you how to operate within the tax laws. The direction on where you must go or what you need has been addressed here and in previous topics found throughout the forum.
Old 09-08-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim jim View Post
hopefully i will be able to help out a little more once i finish my schooling and get my CPA license.
Keep that up. Any education in finance/accounting right now will pretty much guarantee you a job right out of school. It can be a more difficult path to follow, but I know people whose salaries started out much higher than the average Joe with a general business or marketing degree.

Since our country sucks at managing money, it's already been said this year that degrees in Finance or Accounting are the most sought after by businesses everywhere.
Old 09-08-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
I just feel like the whole book is pointless unless the author can find a solution to entering Tax ID on Amazon (or else stop before 50 transactions). For how thorough the other parts of the book are, I'm disappointed. Maybe Amazon Stealth was just written before this was an issue.
Do you wish to be spoon-fed everything? It's virtually impossible to cover every angle in 1 book...That's what the forum is for. The Author of the book can't possibly spend every second of his/her life updating it. The Search function works miracle sometimes, suggest you try it.

I will repeat what I said in another post, There are no guarantee's with anything, Stealth is a work in progress...you have to put some of your own effort into making it work.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (09-08-2012)
Old 09-08-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Keep that up. Any education in finance/accounting right now will pretty much guarantee you a job right out of school. It can be a more difficult path to follow, but I know people whose salaries started out much higher than the average Joe with a general business or marketing degree.

Since our country sucks at managing money, it's already been said this year that degrees in Finance or Accounting are the most sought after by businesses everywhere.
thanks for the well wishes. yes it is definitely a great field. i was a bookkeeper for many years and i am one of the few who actually likes accounting i hope to keep doing my own thing but worst case i should not have trouble finding a job.
Old 09-08-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
I will repeat what I said in another post, There are no guarantee's with anything, Stealth is a work in progress...you have to put some of your own effort into making it work.
"Amazon Ghost is a complete 100% guaranteed to work no bull guide to creating a totally new unlinkable fully anonymous Amazon identify using fully legal methods."

IMO this is impossible without using unlinked EIN's or SSN's and it isn't even given a paragraph in the book.

I'm only requesting this be addressed in the next update, which I believe is reasonable for a $37 ebook.
Old 09-09-2012

Longevity: 68%
Send a message via Skype™ to Eduktd

Quote:
"Amazon Ghost is a complete 100% guaranteed to work no bull guide to creating a totally new unlinkable fully anonymous Amazon identify using fully legal methods."

IMO this is impossible without using unlinked EIN's or SSN's and it isn't even given a paragraph in the book.

I'm only requesting this be addressed in the next update, which I believe is reasonable for a $37 ebook.

You guys should know that the requirement to provide EIN or SSN is fairly new on Amazon, as a matter of fact it doesn't even take full effect till September 31, 2012.

So unless, Aspkin has a Crystal ball, how could he have predicted that a year from now Amazon would need your SSN or EIN? This was not a requirement at the time the book was written and I think we ought to give credit where it's due, this book is flawless within it's relevant time period.

Aspkin has also writtern another books eBay Stealth, which discusses SSN and EIN, because that was and is PayPal requirement for selling on eBay. This was not the case for Amazon.

Thanks..Aspkin...you're the best and your book is Amazing. I am reminded of this every two weeks when I get paid
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eduktd For This Useful Post:
slim jim (09-09-2012), unkown5454 (09-09-2012)
Old 09-09-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduktd View Post

You guys should know that the requirement to provide EIN or SSN is fairly new on Amazon, as a matter of fact it doesn't even take full effect till September 31, 2012.

So unless, Aspkin has a Crystal ball, how could he have predicted that a year from now Amazon would need your SSN or EIN? This was not a requirement at the time the book was written and I think we ought to give credit where it's due, this book is flawless within it's relevant time period.

Aspkin has also writtern another books eBay Stealth, which discusses SSN and EIN, because that was and is PayPal requirement for selling on eBay. This was not the case for Amazon.

Thanks..Aspkin...you're the best and your book is Amazing. I am reminded of this every two weeks when I get paid
very well said. it makes no sense to be anything but appreciative for what you get here
Old 09-11-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
I just purchased the book and I love it.
Are there plans to address this in the next version?
Glad you enjoy the book. Always pleasing to hear.

What I find distasteful is your assuming that what is by definition a GUIDE
will spell out to you what to do.

That is not what guide means in the dictionary I use. It means being shown direction to a solution.
'Stealth SSN/EIN' is not accurate. By using the correct methods with your own info, new accounts can be created to conform to IRS needs. That salient point appears missing in your knowledge bank.
We do that by advising users to seek professional advice to conform to IRS, Federal laws to be precise, to
PRESERVE THE SAFETY of their relationship with matters of TAX.

If your expectation is otherwise, let me gently suggest you attempt to LISTEN.

I am NOT going to allow any posts of MISGUIDED tax help to ride.

They are excluded from open forum ALWAYS.
The book was written in the early days of notice for Amazon. Majority of users have managed to adapt to your alleged lack of information.

In the next issue, there is more than likely going to be a terse statement

See a TAX PROFESSIONAL for advice.

Do you get the picture from OUR position?

The remit of the forum, & its associated guides is to direct users to the solutions. NOT provide them in black & white.

Paramount to this forum is users' PRIVACY. No-one is going to reveal their personal details. That would exclude tax advice from the start.

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (09-11-2012)
Closed Thread