Does ad words work? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 12-26-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Cool Does ad words work?

has anyone had any good experiences with google ad words?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-27-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%

Yes, I did. There's some conclusions I've drawn:

1. Google always gives coupons for new Adwords users, so just sign up for an Adwords account and wait about 1 week for them to contact you with a coupon, or buy one from Fiverr for $5. Coupons can be applied only to new accounts (less than 2 weeks old).
2. Set a daily budget and watch your campaigns very closely, otherwise you might burn hundreds or thousands of dollars in a few days/hours.
3. Always make multiple versions of the same ad and always split-test. You will find that there's a huge difference between selling "auto insurance" or "car insurance", people will react dramatically differently on each word substitution.
At the end of the day, optimize all your ads, filter the worst and enhance the best.
4. There's a bunch of ways you can make your ad convert better, I will not go into details, but the most important is: you have to have a "call to action".
It's funny, you tell people what to do, and surprisingly, they will do it. On the other hand, if you don't tell them to "Browse now!", "Shop today!", they'll pass and not click on your ad.
5. If you have money to invest in PPC tools, it's definitely worth checking out
Spyfu or KeywordSpy, these tools will give you an inside look into other peoples Adwords campaigns, like successful keywords and ad copies, and this can be a huge advantage, because chances are, that they've been doing months or years of testing and by now they've optimized them to the max and they're obviously running the successful ones.
6. For my campaigns, costs of the Adwords campaigns ended up to be roughly about 15% of the gross sales, which is about the same as using the Amazon marketplace. The obvious advantage is that you don't have to deal with feedbacks, AtoZs and the stress caused by these.
7. Last, but not least... LEARN Adwords before you jump in the deep water.
It's a no brainer, because you're potentially playing with huge money. Find a good tutorial (I have to recommend the Lynda dot com tutorials again), and make sure you know what dynamic keywords, negative keywords, ad extensions, etc are before you start your first campaign.

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmoe7 View Post
has anyone had any good experiences with google ad words?