eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon X (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon-x/)
-   -   Order Defect Rate-should i be worried? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon-x/61065-order-defect-rate-should-i-worried.html)

Styles 06-13-2013 06:36 PM

Order Defect Rate-should i be worried?

hello there

I m not currently under review, but i was suspended for 7 days in 2011 for a seperate policy problem of lputting my phone number on listings, but my order defect rate has gone over 1 percent 3 times in the last 4 months and have had the email regarding this today so i suspect i will get reviewed or deleted. 3 rd email today so have worried sick as i dont do a great volume of orders on there but rely on it for selling turntables. Been really worried and Amazon Stealth looks like very hard work, have you had similar experience or can you point me in right direction in this scenario?

have been selling since 2008, problem is hardly anybody leaves good feedback, 2 problems in 99 orders puts you over their target of 1 percent.
Thanks in advance

GreenBean 06-13-2013 06:45 PM

A story quite a few know.

amazon is a hard slog.

Other folx will chime in with their experiences soon

n8zzz 06-13-2013 07:00 PM

Whether or not you DO get suspended soon, you should learn stealth anyway... because all of us here just assume that suspension is inevitable. If it happens when you don't expect it and prior to understanding stealth, you're going to be ****ing bricks.

Now that you have a reason to be here, you should educate yourself on stealth enough to understand how to open a 2nd (3rd, etc) account safely as a backup plan for when your current account bites the dust. Some people (most) get suspended from Amazon and then go back to their day job.. they only get to keep their fond memories of when they could afford things. The rest of us just keep make (a lot of) money.

Sorry to sound blunt about that, but I do not have any sympathy for those that let the system defeat them. You gotta take what's yours. "The world, and everything in it."

Styles 06-14-2013 03:10 AM

yeah you re right i should set up another stealth for amazon in case it all goes bad as amazon is so tough. I remeber the 7 day syuspension nearly broke me

Also is it essential to change the router if your IP address is dynamic?

n8zzz 06-14-2013 05:06 AM

You only need an old computer/laptop where you reformat and reinstall a new OS. So you don't need to buy a new laptop every time you get suspended.

If you IP is dynamic, you don't have to swap out your router, but many members on here would suggest that you take steps to ensure that your MAC address of your network devices are different.

rsot 06-14-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Styles (Post 458420)
yeah you re right i should set up another stealth for amazon in case it all goes bad as amazon is so tough. I remeber the 7 day syuspension nearly broke me

Dont need to change the router but turn your modem off and on to check if you have dynamic IP

Quote:

Originally Posted by Styles (Post 458317)
Been really worried and Amazon Stealth looks like very hard work, have you had similar experience or can you point me in right direction in this scenario?

The Amazon Ghost Guide is very good for make new unlinked accounts - backup accounts to spread sales for example

GreenBean 06-14-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Styles (Post 458420)

If you determine your IP is dynamic, you should not need to do this.
Turn on the system.

Use IP Burger - Track Your IP Address! ( created by aspkin.)

Log your IP.

Turn off the system.

Wait.

Turn back on.

Use the site again. Check the IP for changes ( or none;))

Styles 06-15-2013 09:25 AM

Cheers everyone, i am dynamic so all good thanks very much

Freakzilla 06-17-2013 02:22 PM

I'd make a few Ghost Accounts. worth it for peace of mind, especially with Christmas in 6 months!

GreenBean 06-17-2013 07:29 PM

@Freakzilla

Good advice.

Be ready for a busy selling season

rsot 06-18-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Styles (Post 458317)
Been really worried and Amazon Stealth looks like very hard work, have you had similar experience or can you point me in right direction in this scenario?

It isnt so hard once you start practicing and reading posts for up-to-date info and issues.