Getting Started Summary - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 07-05-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
Default Getting Started Summary

Ladies / Gents. After purchasing Amazon Ghost I am attempting to tweak my game plan specific to my possible needs. Appreciate any feedback as I am totally new at Steath methods.

1) Computer: Tablet on 4g Prepaid paid cash
Seems like the easiest option and cost effective ebay it in the event of suspension
2) Corporation: Florida based 5.5 tax rate, corporation NAMED under what looks like an individual. IE: Mike Smith INC using a rented mailbox for company location but REAL info for Corporation owner me/ Taxes me
My thought is Amazon will send payments and if I understand correctly I must sign up on Amazon using a human name along with dispersing payments to the same name ie: Mike Smith and while I don't mind playing with Amazon, I want everything legit with Uncle Sam come tax time.
3) Bank Account: Bank of America charges $19 a month for a small business account. Wires sent from Amazon to the account under "Mike Smith" can be deposited without incident as that is the corporation name (no name mismatch problems) Also like this for Uncle Sam as he terrifies me.

4) Credit Card: Vanilla Visa? Not 100% do gift visa's get registered under a name? In that case I could use the same "Mike Smith"?

5) Telephone #: IP Phone / Google?

6) Email: Gmail

Is their anything I am missing here? Seems like a solid gameplan my concern is the following: Say you don't have the best luck and Amazon kills some accounts does Mr. Irs wonder at the end of the year why you are opening so many Corps / have EINS do multiple business addresses? In the event Amazon kills the account I rather save on doing a long corporate filing and just close off the corp.

Granted I WILL be paying all taxes but would love to avoid an audit as its a pain in the arse.

Thanks for any feedback in advance I know newbie questions get repetitive.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-05-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums.

4) Vanilla Visa works well - just register the zip code to your account.

5) Telephone - Google Voice works - or look at other phone services.

All the best - you seem to be taking care of your understanding well
Old 07-05-2013
Threadstarter  

Ah great! Thanks Rsot! Wasn't sure this gives me much more confidence.
Old 07-05-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Also before entering your EIN wait until you need to, because if you enter it right away and than the next day you log In and your account was linked and deleted you will have to get another EIN

So wait till everything is going smooth before putting that info in as there's no going back. Maybe create a few stealths and the best one after couple months add the number
Old 07-05-2013

Longevity: 63%

Thanks for sharing, I have never sold on Amazon. I want to make sure there are no mistakes before I start.
Old 07-05-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
Also before entering your EIN wait until you need to, because if you enter it right away and than the next day you log In and your account was linked and deleted you will have to get another EIN

So wait till everything is going smooth before putting that info in as there's no going back. Maybe create a few stealths and the best one after couple months add the number
Sorry lost you here, dont enter EIN until I need to??
Old 07-06-2013

Yes that is right. Wait until Amazon requests the information. If you do something wrong on accident and you get suspended quickly, you don't want to burn that EIN for no reason.

Same goes for adding in your bank account details for your deposit.

You are on the right track indeed! But in general I wouldn't worry too much about opening up a Corp in a name that sounds human.. these days it really isn't a big deal. Also if you want to make life seem more "simple" to the IRS you can have 1 corporation that has multiple DBA's under it. Each DBA having it's own EIN. Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to n8zzz For This Useful Post:
IWD (07-06-2013)
Old 07-06-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

For Bank account I only provide 3-4 days before the payment schedule.
For tax ID I only provide when they put my account in "inactive status"
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8zzz View Post
Yes that is right. Wait until Amazon requests the information. If you do something wrong on accident and you get suspended quickly, you don't want to burn that EIN for no reason.

You are on the right track indeed! But in general I wouldn't worry too much about opening up a Corp in a name that sounds human.. these days it really isn't a big deal. Also if you want to make life seem more "simple" to the IRS you can have 1 corporation that has multiple DBA's under it. Each DBA having it's own EIN. Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to TonyAlmeida For This Useful Post:
IWD (07-06-2013)
Old 07-06-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8zzz View Post

Oh much better idea one Umbrella Corp with Dba's didn't think of that or realize you get a EIN with DBA.

If the Corp name doesn't need to sound human say I call it "Umbrella Corp" then when I fill in the first last name for Amazon doesn't it have to be unique? IE if I use my real name everytime won't they link accounts? Or say I put a bogus name "Joe Blow" when I enter bank details wont they have to match ie: Bank won't take a deposit from Joe Blow into an account for "umbrella corp"?

Thanks so much!
Old 07-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWD View Post
Oh much better idea one Umbrella Corp with Dba's didn't think of that or realize you get a EIN with DBA.

If the Corp name doesn't need to sound human say I call it "Umbrella Corp" then when I fill in the first last name for Amazon doesn't it have to be unique? IE if I use my real name everytime won't they link accounts? Or say I put a bogus name "Joe Blow" when I enter bank details wont they have to match ie: Bank won't take a deposit from Joe Blow into an account for "umbrella corp"?

Thanks so much!
I'm not 100% sure about what you're asking, but I think I can answer. The name you've given Amazon doesn't matter, so long as you're not giving them your SSN or your personal EIN. The name that is going to be "checked" is the "legal business name" this is where you fill in your DBA. Reason being, they will verify with the IRS that the business name and EIN match properly.

You simply open up a business bank account under the DBA. It's the exact same process as opening a business bank account under your name or a corporation name. Now your business name is on that account, your checks, your debit card, etc.

So to reiterate..
Amazon will see 3 names total
Your name: put in anything
Legal Entity name: Your Corp or DBA name
Bank Account name: Same as above
The Following User Says Thank You to n8zzz For This Useful Post:
IWD (07-08-2013)