eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon X (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon-x/)
-   -   Selling unique items on Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon-x/66412-selling-unique-items-amazon.html)

Jojoharris 10-26-2013 09:49 AM

Selling unique items on Amazon

Hi,

I started selling my own artwork and drawings on Amazon and have been doing so quite happily for a few years now with my own EINS but recently people have just started to sell against me on my own pages. I know i don;'t own the Amazon page but i do own the artwork. They seem to be pulling the images off amazon and somehow printing them themselves at what has to be a terribly inferior quality as i obviously put my images up at low res.

This person is effectively killing my income at the moment as they have quite brutally halved the prices. its so easy for them attack all my listings.

Point is, does anyone know is there is a way to sell on Amazon and for them to know its your own stuff. its not possible for any one else to sell them. They are drawn and designed by myself personally.

I am now looking in to copyright but its pretty expensive but if Amazon except this then its my last chance to sort it out. i sent them a copyright infringement form but as of yet nothing has come of it. Maybe i need something more substantial to make them pay attention.

oompaloompa 10-26-2013 10:22 AM

Re: Selling unique items on Amazon

someone here may have an idea what to do, I would get something signed by an attorney as a witness to say it is your work and send it to az.

Jojoharris 10-26-2013 10:57 AM

Hi, that might be an idea. I think its going to cost me a fair bit either way. Seems unfair but thats the way the internet seems to be going now, thanks for the info

rsot 10-26-2013 11:27 AM

Attorney idea is correct - this blatant theft of your property is wrong...since this is your own artwork, you should copyright

GreenBean 10-26-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jojoharris (Post 498140)
Hi,

I am now looking in to copyright but its pretty expensive but if Amazon except this then its my last chance to sort it out. i sent them a copyright infringement form but as of yet nothing has come of it. Maybe i need something more substantial to make them pay attention.

Obtain the rights as soon as possible. Better to outlay the fees to retain ownership and therefore keep your source of income.

Dont make your own craft something another party can get financial advantage off.

Good Luck

Sandy D 10-26-2013 12:04 PM

They will continue until you have the copyright to them all.

Then you can send it to Amazon and they will be forced to end it all.

oompaloompa 10-26-2013 01:20 PM

what I mean is for one fee you could go to attorney with all your original artwork, not prints or copies for them to view, and maybe the attorney can witness you creating a few, they can summarise all this in 1 letter. Not saying it is 100% but it may make az sit up and listen.

the step after that is copyrighting each individual work, might be more costly.

GreenBean 10-26-2013 04:06 PM

That is not how to obtain copyright in the UK.

Contact DACS

DACS - About - Created for artists, by artists

Its site is full of info on how to obtain your own rights to your own work.

:mod:

oompaloompa 10-27-2013 05:32 AM

I did not say it was the way to obtain copyright, it might be enough for az.

GreenBean 10-27-2013 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 498284)
I did not say it was the way to obtain copyright, it might be enough for az.

They ask for more than that to back up the claim