Ghost Account Was Suspended - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 05-06-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Ghost Account Was Suspended

Hi -

My original account which I had with Amazon was suspended in mid-March. Had that account for many years without a problem.

On March 31st I set up a Ghost Account & followed all the instructions in the manual. On May 3rd at mid day all the orders started going to pending status. On May 6th the account was suspended & the reason why was it was linked to another suspended account.

My sales level after a month was $1100. Do you think the suspension happened because of I went over $750 in the first month & they looked more closely at the velocity review?

I did list some products that I had before but other people are selling them as well. I made sure to keep the ratio at 40% old and 60% new.

One other strange thing I noticed was I had entered my bank account name as my first initial and last name. When I checked it now, it showed my full first name (not the initial I entered). I did get one transfer of money while I was still active. Could some data that the bank sent back to Amazon have provided them with my full name?

Thanks,

Brian
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-06-2014

Longevity: 62%
Default Re: Ghost Account Was Suspended

so you still used your first initial and last name to set up a Ghost Account?
Old 05-07-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by parken View Post
so you still used your first initial and last name to set up a Ghost Account?
I used a company name to set up the account. However used first initial and last name when setting up bank account. I was told over and over in the book name didn't matter?

I did set the bank account up about 2 weeks in not 30 days. They started sending me emails about setting up my banking so they could send a payment.
Old 05-07-2014

Longevity: 64%

i think the suspension isnt because of crossing velocity limits .if thats usually the case they prefer to put the account on review or a rolling review where you can sell and not get disbursement during the review time or suspend you on review later
this is an issue with account being linked to your old account most probably
Old 05-07-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkushner View Post
I used a company name to set up the account. However used first initial and last name when setting up bank account. I was told over and over in the book name didn't matter?

I did set the bank account up about 2 weeks in not 30 days. They started sending me emails about setting up my banking so they could send a payment.
DON'T used ANY OLD info at all. Everything MUST BE new.
The Following User Says Thank You to TonyAlmeida For This Useful Post:
bkushner (05-07-2014)
Old 05-09-2014

Amazon is very sophisticated. Here what happened to me yesterday. After obtaining new credit card information, new UPS address, new computer (used Dial Up and AOL account that is impossible to track), I was DECLINED!

And here is why. I read the Amazon Ghost thoroughly and followed every step of it. Everything there is LOGICAL, however there is something missing:
When you try to open a professional account (I need ONLY pro account, since I sell more than 40 items per month), you have to go through TAX Interview. I had to register new DBA, got NEW EIN, but when you get new EIN with the IRS.gov, you HAVE to give them your real last name. The government agency will NOT give you a new EIN if your SSN and last name do not match.
I tried it. I was too optimistic, by thinking, that Amazon will not look at the last name in the IRS form. Well, they did and immediately after I pushed the button "Complete Registration", Amazon's Seller Central declined my application. I had a chat with Amazon rep and she said my last name is the same. They saw it in the Tax form right away.
This means, that the ONLY way so far is to register individual account with completely made up names or names of OTHER people (this is a bad idea).
Now I need to know if anyone could go through this and how we can register a professional account.
Second question: the new address that I tried to register...is it dead? is it exposed?
Thank you
Old 05-09-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vachagan View Post
Amazon is very sophisticated. Here what happened to me yesterday. After obtaining new credit card information, new UPS address, new computer (used Dial Up and AOL account that is impossible to track), I was DECLINED!

And here is why. I read the Amazon Ghost thoroughly and followed every step of it. Everything there is LOGICAL, however there is something missing:
When you try to open a professional account (I need ONLY pro account, since I sell more than 40 items per month), you have to go through TAX Interview. I had to register new DBA, got NEW EIN, but when you get new EIN with the IRS.gov, you HAVE to give them your real last name. The government agency will NOT give you a new EIN if your SSN and last name do not match.
I tried it. I was too optimistic, by thinking, that Amazon will not look at the last name in the IRS form. Well, they did and immediately after I pushed the button "Complete Registration", Amazon's Seller Central declined my application. I had a chat with Amazon rep and she said my last name is the same. They saw it in the Tax form right away.
This means, that the ONLY way so far is to register individual account with completely made up names or names of OTHER people (this is a bad idea).
Now I need to know if anyone could go through this and how we can register a professional account.
Second question: the new address that I tried to register...is it dead? is it exposed?
Thank you
Forming an LLC would be better. They just check the business name.. You can also set up a bank account and credit card under that llc so you wont have to give amazon none of your personal information at all.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to emings5 For This Useful Post:
Phd (05-09-2014), poorgirl (06-12-2014), Vachagan (05-09-2014)
Old 05-09-2014

Yes, that's the last resort.
Before my Amazon account was suspended, I used my exiting LLC information, EIN, name and address. Now it's all obsolete.
What do you think of my last question about the addresses? When I applied and was declined, I used new addresses. Do you think those addresses are bad now?
Old 05-09-2014

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 59%

Any information entered into Amazon is kept on file. If you were declined/suspended/deleted, that information that was entered is now DEAD.
Sorry.
Maybe try to move UPS to new box #, same with bank acct.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phd For This Useful Post:
Vachagan (05-09-2014)
Old 05-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,068 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 80%

My best guess is that using the same initial and last name in the bank account field triggered a manual review of the account. Amazon could then look up the LLC information with the Secretary of State in which the LLC was formed.

You can NEVER lie to the IRS! Your SSN and NAME, as you found out, MUST match their records. But when you get an EIN for an LLC, when Amazon matches with IRS records, the only pieces of information that should match are the BUSINESS NAME and EIN. The IRS cannot, by law, give out any further information.

And using a stealth name is FINE, as long as you do not use someone else's REAL information. Sure, if you use "John Smith" there are people with that name who exist. That is OK, as long as you do not use "John Smith" at an address where someone named "John Smith" lives.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
Vachagan (05-09-2014)
Old 05-09-2014

Thank you. My previous Account with Amazon was a pro account and was registered with my old LLC. I am not perfect, made few mistakes, had really good sales, good start with $7000-$8000 monthly revenues... I learned my lesson and need to start again. I had to order a formation of a new LLC today.

Question: I was using a dial up. Can I use it again from the same laptop? I read in the Amazon Ghost, that Dial up is not traceable and every time we dile up a new IP address is generated.
Old 05-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

There are many others info that can be links. IP just one of them.
Old 05-09-2014

yes, the IP address and the MAC are hidden enemies. As I understand, this could be eliminated completely, by using a dial up.
Old 05-10-2014
Executive [VIP]

I think you are not understand what I'm talkinh about
Old 05-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,490 Times in 7,792 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 81%

Were you selling the same things and similar activity pattern as your old suspended account?
Old 05-14-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Were you selling the same things and similar activity pattern as your old suspended account?
We followed a 40% old 60% new item policy but yes the old items would be the same as the old account but these weren't unique in that many others were selling. In fact we tagged onto existing listings versus creating our own. Used different SKU as well.