eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon X (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon-x/)
-   -   No mention in the Book of the Option for Virtual private server (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon-x/83979-no-mention-book-option-virtual-private-server.html)

zaza123 03-18-2015 09:22 AM

No mention in the Book of the Option for Virtual private server

I am reading the Book now "Amazon Ghost."

Why is there no option over there in the Book for VPS (Virtual private server)?

I see here, that VPS is a good & easy way to overcome the problems of Computer Setup & MAC address & Internet Connection

This should be the best option to go

Please let me know if I am missing something

zaza123 03-18-2015 04:00 PM

Re: No mention in the Book of the Option for Virtual private server

Any Advice?

GreenBean 03-18-2015 04:38 PM

VPS is one of the many options that can be used.

Your choice should be the one that works best for you.

:juggle:

jeffweico 03-18-2015 04:41 PM

A VPS CAN be a good option, but you need to know what you are doing to use it. Using them properly is not rocket science, but might be too difficult for a newbie. Maybe that is why Aspkin didn't put it in the book.

zaza123 03-18-2015 05:51 PM

What do we need to know about it?

What is the big deal?

It's like a new computer

No cookies
No flash
No fingerprints
No old Mac Address
No old IP

What can be better and easier?

Dmshark25 03-18-2015 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaza123 (Post 651684)

What is the big deal?

It's like a new computer

No cookies
No flash
No fingerprints
No old Mac Address
No old IP

If you know how to use it and it's the best option for you Go for it, it's a good option , one of many, but something that each seller needs to determine what is best to use to,run there businesss

machine1 03-19-2015 04:14 AM

The only thing you really need to do log your ip address if your using dynamic ip set up. Unless you have static ip for each amazon account you create then you don't have to worry about logging each ip down so you don't link yourself .

muzzie 03-19-2015 04:41 AM

VPS are for tech savvies, and 99% of locals are not such types. I use VPS all around, but for most people, it is too complicated, so the book describes less techy approaches to stealth.

sax4 03-19-2015 12:57 PM

Windows based VPS are child's play

jeffweico 03-19-2015 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaza123 (Post 651684)

What is the big deal?

It's like a new computer

No cookies
No flash
No fingerprints
No old Mac Address
No old IP

Some of that is true. But you need to choose the right provider, one who is not known to Amazon and/or eBay. The $5 wonders go out of business without warning and it would be difficult for a newbie to recover from that. I always recommend using a provider that is not too large and that charges an amount of money that is REALISTIC for them to stay in business, which would be more than $5.

Next, do you know Linux and how to set up the VPS? Windows VPS's can work and they are easier for newbies to use, but they are also much more expensive, because they have to pay for the Microsoft license.

You MUST back up your data, or one day you could receive an email from your VPS provider saying "Sorry, we had a crash and all of your data is gone." Some people don't know how to do that.

Some VPS providers are VERY NOSY and will shut your account down for using it for stealth. You need to reads the TOS and AUP.

So, I stand by my original statement. VPS's CAN be used effectively and CAN be a nice alternative to maintaining your own equipment. But for that you need some technical expertise AND you have to realize that it does NOT mean you can ignore the rest of the stealth rules when operating them. So they are a nice option, but they are NOT a magic bullet.

muzzie 03-19-2015 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sax4 (Post 651961)
Windows based VPS are child's play

Installing Parallels onto desktop computer is child's play. But there much more professional approaches, like ESXi, which are not that understandable by the general public.

sax4 03-19-2015 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzzie (Post 652026)
Installing Parallels onto desktop computer is child's play. But there much more professional approaches, like ESXi, which are not that understandable by the general public.

How professional do you need? you are just connecting to another computer. What are the benefits of ESXi?

muzzie 03-20-2015 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sax4 (Post 652028)
How professional do you need? you are just connecting to another computer. What are the benefits of ESXi?

Connecting to a ready Windows VPS, of course, is piece of cake. But to get a dedicated server, install VMware inside, and slice it into 100 VMs - it is for tech savvies. Some benefits of a private VMware ESXi cloud:

1) rapid deployment of new VMs (like 5 minutes to get a new configured VPS)
2) you pay only for renting the physical server. each new VPS costs nothing
3) you are not limited on VPS configuration
4) it can be run 24/7 as it stays in a datacenter, with redundant UPS, Internet etc.
5) it can be easily backed up
6) does not produce sound and heat at home
7) is accessible from any place with internet connection

And lots of other nice features.

Taking The Micky 03-20-2015 06:38 AM

This seems all of the topic, basically the book is very outdated and never been updated.The forum fills the gaps omitted by the book. But IMO it needs a re write

muzzie 03-20-2015 06:49 AM

Book has all the basics, that are sufficient for a successful stealth operation. If you feel that you are professional - there are more advanced techniques, that can be learned without a book, if a user claims to be a professional stealth trader.

rsot 03-20-2015 07:45 AM

There are always adjunct materials that can be read if truly interested OP

jeffweico 03-20-2015 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taking The Micky (Post 652242)
This seems all of the topic, basically the book is very outdated and never been updated.The forum fills the gaps omitted by the book. But IMO it needs a re write

That may be, and Aspkin HAS updated it over the years (at least I think he has), but I think everyone here uses the book to get the basics down and then starts adding on to it, so that it works better for their particular situation.

I do many things that are not covered in the stealth book (including running a few VPS's) because I go above and beyond to stay safe and I RARELY lose accounts. I used the stealth guide as the foundation, updated and added techniques I found here on the forum and then eventually added my own touches to build the system I have today.

But my point is that you are on the right track. Just experiment a bit and find what works for you. The only thing I WOULDN'T DO is to cut corners. That almost always leads to heartache.

sax4 03-20-2015 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzzie (Post 652215)
Connecting to a ready Windows VPS, of course, is piece of cake. But to get a dedicated server, install VMware inside, and slice it into 100 VMs - it is for tech savvies. Some benefits of a private VMware ESXi cloud:

4) it can be run 24/7 as it stays in a datacenter, with redundant UPS, Internet etc.

Here's a simpler idea....

One user account
Multiple installations of Google Chrome
One VPN provider (10$ a month)
Log all your IP addresses

Unless of course you are convinced that Amazon track MAC

Superfly101 03-25-2015 02:15 PM

Jeffweico - I am attempting my first stealth and have bought the book. What do you suggest to test that I can get by first before adding certain information to the Amazon account?

GhostOfAmazon 04-11-2015 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzzie (Post 652215)

This method sounds awesome and has a very good ROI. Could you please post a tutorial for others to learn? Or a PM would work to. I'm interested in learning the ropes for this method!

muzzie 04-11-2015 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon (Post 658381)
This method sounds awesome and has a very good ROI. Could you please post a tutorial for others to learn? Or a PM would work to. I'm interested in learning the ropes for this method!

I am not able to write a full manual, as it will take too much time. But if you PM me, I can give you some general points on creating this setup.